Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Feeling A Connection To Strangers?

chunga

I had a really weird experiance with a girl in Amsterdam about 6 years ago.

In a bar some Italian girls joined us on a table as the place was packed.

There was one girl who I instantly recognised,she didnt speak a word of English and I dont speak Italian but I recalled laughing and joking with her,like we'de met many times before.It was impossible though.It wasnt just visual either,she didnt really resemble anyone I knew,her presence around me was so familiar.Like a best friend who you havent seen for ages.

It was weird because her friends translated that she recognised me too,but it was a bit confusing with the language barrier.We tried chatting for about an hour and then she left me,out of my life forever.....:(

It was like meeting a family member,almost like love at first site but it was more than that.

Weird. :hmm:

I meet alot of people who I instantly like and connect with but this was different.

Your post reminded me of something:

I moved to the States a while ago from Italy (my relatives and family still live there though), and I remember talking to my step-uncle on the phone to set up a day where I could meet him, because he was in America on a business tour. I ate at a resturant with him, and he called me something really funny - I can't remember what it was exactly, but it wasn't Italian. I asked him what he meant, and he said he didn't know, and he didn't know why he called me that in the first place. It made me think as if I knew him spiritually, even though I've only seen him three times in my whole life. Odd. :(

I have met someone online who I have never met in real-life and we have shared some amazing co-incidences and experiences. I don't think it has anything to do with pheromones, but it is more like a spiritual bond. It is very hard to find out what the reason is, but past-lives could definitely be the answer. :D

I have met someone online who I have never met in real-life and we have shared some amazing co-incidences and experiences. I don't think it has anything to do with pheromones, but it is more like a spiritual bond. It is very hard to find out what the reason is, but past-lives could definitely be the answer. :D

Yes your right...pheromones in a close encounter perhaps but over the net..well...its happened to me too...funny how personalities come out in words...Mmmm! Very strange...however, one must be careful as sociopaths are prolific in manners and often pull the wool over peoples eyes....be safe! :tu: Good point tho!

• 2 years later...

what if you feel a very strong connection to someone that is so strong it goes beyond anything and that person feels it to but doesnt "get it" or is unsure? i have had this happen to me hundreds of times but this one is very different i can feel it, it is something more, its driving me nutts. i have never felt such a strong connection to someone before and before you say " oh its just a little crush" its not ive had those and this is totally different its wierd. it wont go away and i know that the other person feels it too but i think they dont know what to do or i am totally wrong and the other person cant feel anything?? if so why me?????!!! thanx

******x

• 5 weeks later...

This has happened me. I met someone about a year and a half ago on a spiritual forum (not this one). There are just too many coincidences/synchronicites for it not to be looked at. We share the same birthday, right down to the year, however as we got to know each other, we discovered our due dates were also the same. Despite the fact that we are on opposite ends on this planet Earth, the connection is quite profound. We have both talked about the fact that perhaps we knew each other in a different life time. I would liken it to love, but not sexual. We are hoping to meet up in the not too distant future. I see it as a gift that has been sent my way. At first, the similarities were both mind blowing and yet discerning too, however over time, we have both learnt to embrace it. The connection is so deep that I feel I cannot put it into words, as no words would do it justice, to try and describe the deep connection we share.

Edited by irishamethyst

This has happened to me. About 3 years ago, I met a guy at a party, and I swore I knew him from somewhere, but I didn't. It was the first time we'd met. We ended up together for about a year - I saw photos of him growing up and I was and am sure I knew him from somewhere. We spoke about it, and we could not find a link anywhere. I did not know this guy before I met him. Before we got together, I thought he was a bit of a creep, but he won me over. He ended up cheating on me, and messing me about a lot. It really affected me for a very long time. We had an amazing relationship (I thought). I guess this could be the universe teaching me a lesson. Go with your initial instincts or something. But yes, it's a time I'd rather not re-live. THANKS UNIVERSE!

I also experienced something similar, meeting someone who I was instantly connected to, it ended badly but somehow I feel I will always be connected to them.

this sounds to me like past lives of ppl who knew eachother

If time flows both ways like a river then perhaps it is simply a case of like attracts like combined with knowing that you do know this person...in the future. Not that a river actually flows both way but it can be traversed both ways even though going upstream takes more energy than simply flowing downstream which requires none besides staying on course. In other words maybe we can just see whats down the river which would be the feeling of this person we just met not being a stranger.

Edited by Clovis

• 2 weeks later...

Well with my current girlfriend, it feels like Ive known her all my life, when In fact Ive only known her 2 weeks! its strange, but nice :D

If time flows both ways like a river then perhaps it is simply a case of like attracts like combined with knowing that you do know this person...in the future. Not that a river actually flows both way but it can be traversed both ways even though going upstream takes more energy than simply flowing downstream which requires none besides staying on course. In other words maybe we can just see whats down the river which would be the feeling of this person we just met not being a stranger.

I like your comment, Clovis ~ perhaps we could say 'consciousness' instead of time flowing forward and back

(the mind not being restricted by time) And would also like to add ~ 'Soul Recognition', or something like that ~ as I believe that

we have 'Soul Contracts' prior to our incarnation (just MY take on things)

i had a dream explaining this one.

lets see [loading ...]

we are but one mind perceiving life from all angles some angles have a better view and allow you to see things you dont realize or more so dont want to realize.

i personally see what common ground we have before a word is spoke.

the more ground the more familiar one is.

• 4 weeks later...

I know exactly what you mean. I wrote a song about it like a month ago. Hope you like it!

-SisterMoon

Jen

Written by Amy Childers

©Twenty-Seven Productions 2008

Jen where've you been?

It's been a long time.

The same jade around you.

The same sparkle in your eye.

Seems like we spoke centuries ago.

Seeing love and believing more.

We both know we were never alone.

Go now

See yourself as you always were and forever shall be

Times in harmony

Believing what you know you saw and cannot conceive

Seeing your present memory... wasn't just a dream

Jen remember when

You saw me in your mirror?

Same jade all around me.

The sparkle much more clear.

Seems like the lights still a'glow

Seeing beauty in simplicity

We both know that we'll always grow.

Go now

Times in harmony

The magic we've created never fades

Same soul in the back of our mind

Crazy how time has changed

But we forever stay the same

Go now

Times in harmony

Jen we'll meet again

It's just a matter of time

When the past wraps back around

We'll sprout wings and fly

Histories intertwine

To show us why

Time flies by

And we still try

this sounds to me like past lives of ppl who knew eachother

Yeah this has happened to me a few times too, always starnge places like the original poster noted. Both men and women. To me, it feels EXACTLY the same as when I experience deja vu. It has to be soul memory of some sort, or like he says, linked with reincarnation. Probably knew each other in a past life, and the souls remember it.....creating that crazy feeling in the conscious mind. Maybe you are supposed to meet in this life, maybe not.

But here's an odd one from me. Now don't take this as a romantic implication, as I am with someone, and have been for several years. Perfectly happy, I actually believe she is my soulmate.....anyway....a few years ago, before I was with her, this experience was happening to me with this girl (yeah she was cute but that's not the point lol), and it occurred SEVERAL times. Like I just kept seeing her, all over town. Totally weird. We made eye contact each time, and I could tell she was having the same reaction I was. You know, THAT reaction...the whoa....what...feeling. Saw her at a book store. At a gas station. In her car. A restaurant...finally it was like....wtf......last time it happened I actually just quickly turned around and left. Now I wonder, since I ran into her more than once like that, was I supposed to talk to her? I mean, that was REALLY odd. Had it happen with different people too, but only once. That was so crazy.

WTF

i just thought of this today randomly at burger king

some lady walks by and im like

wow i feel a connection with her

maybe i was like best friends with her in a past life

....amazing...

I've had this same type of experience many times, except that when it happens to me I always feel like that person is hurting. The people I've approached when I've had this feeling were all strangers, but they would reveal their deepest hurts to me after talking for only a minute or two. The other strange thing is that every one of them reveals to me that they have been sexually abused in the past, and the majority of them say that they've never told anyone else and they don't know why they're telling me. It's a very strange thing when it happens, but I'm glad that I'm able to help them.

By your description of events, you (whether you realize it or not) may be an empath. A person that can feel what others do, without them verbally telling you what is wrong. Also (if you believe in this) you may project a warm, caring personality through your aura's energy. Most people fail to realize that the sixth sense is predominant when assessing whether or not a person or situation is a beneficial or hazardous.

Just something to think about.

Take Care

Not really a connection, but I find I can often read people's intentions before they act. Though I'd put it down to being good at picking up on body language than something paranormal.

Some people are just better at spotting the signs than others I guess.

Edited by Finity

Have you ever been in a grocery store or buying gas and seen someone, a complete stranger, yet suddenly you feel like you know them or even odder knew them?

I'm not so sure if this is same thing, but the word chemistry comes to mind, here is one of my personal experiences that I can't explain.

I was a regular customer at this very busy convenient store on my way to work. There was a lady from INDIA who just bought the store & she would work there-ring up customers during the day, I would come in and buy my usual every day things in the evening.. smile at her never (not once saying a word to her)... I noticed (immediately) a closeness with this woman that I can NOT put into words. It was so apparent to me, that I noticed this closeness to her from that first moment I saw her. I felt as if I KNEW this woman, somehow, someway, and in a very familial type of way.. not friendly type of way but blood..crazy, but mother-daughter best way I can explain it and No, she is NOT my mother, or could be my mother-

A few weeks after she bought this store an armed assailant entered the store and shot her five times point blank, walking around the counter to shoot her the last three of the five times in her face. She hit the floor, but wasn't dead as the offender thought. A customer walked in, & found her lying there and rushed her to the hospital.

She lost an arm, and some of her face.

within that week I had flowers sent to her house by this small flower shop (she lived directly behind the store I'd heard). I didn't put a name on the card or an address- nor did the flower shop ask for my information, I simply told her on the note with flowers that my thoughts & prayers were with her.

She returned back to the store a month or so later. The first time, I walked into the store after she returned, she came walking from around the counter arms opened wide, smiling, hugging me & saying something in that language, telling me thanks for my prayers, thoughts, and flowers-- (her son (?) had to translate.) I didn't understand a word.

How did she know? There was absolutely no way she could have known it was me.

When I asked her how she knew, he translated her answer back to me, her heart told her it was me she said. So, it was confirmed then that I wasn't the only one with this feeling of closeness to this stranger, she felt the same way too, apparently.

theres this girl i see every once in awhile walking around in my school, we always have eye contact for a long time. I feel as if i have known her for a long time when i have never even talked to her, its a strange feeling but i know what your talking about. I have only gotten it with her but its weird.

Shankpin, that is a really beautiful story. I am glad to hear that many people feel this way, and that it is more common than I had believed.

Too bad most of these stories don't end happily...

edit; typographical errors aplenty.

Edited by antediluvianfates

• 2 months later...

That sort of thing happens to me an awful lot...like...weekly occurance...i think its the same as deja vu almost

I always feel comforted by deja vu, its never like "oh my god AHH!"

but yea, when i have the connection to a stranger i just smile and greet them with a hello, nice day isnt it?

and usually they'll greet me back just as cheerful

i think it might be some personality connection or somehting along those lines...someone who will share the same manners with you?

I have had this happen to me a few times thruout my life, but it was always one sided. I have had people come up to me saying they feel a connection and that they know me but i have no reconlection of them at all.

The oddest thing about it is they almost always are people i could of never known. Like in april i had this guy come up to me that was about 50 and say he knew me, i was like yea right were from? He said he could not rember but he knew he knew me. Then he starts tellling me things he could not of known and like info about me from my childhood etc. I asked him how he knew all of this and then he said that he was not sure of exactly how he knew me but he felt a strong connection to me and he knew me back when he was younger. I said that is impossible cause i m only 28!

I have had other older people say they knew me, even when i went to vist my uncle in beersheba, israel i met a guy in his 70s that said he knew me from his collage days, and he knew all kinds of things about my intrests and stuff like that. it was very weird! I wish i could pick up on peoples vibes or energys or whatever so i could have this happen to me were i new someone.

My experience with this is a bit long, but I'd prefer to not go into it...It's not personal or anything, I just don't want to mention it.

edit: sorry if that makes me sound mean, I just wanted to tell you I feel the same way.

Edited by Nessieman23

Yes, this is absolutely real and happens to many people, happened to me as well. Sometimes i would see a stranger and instantly i feel somehow i really care about them and sometimes i feel nostalgic, like i knew them and didn't saw them in a long time. More then sensing that i knew them physically, it's like i knew them on emotional level, recognizing their inner side. It's an amazing feeling that many time leaves me bewildered and wondering.