Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hi, tell me why should I belive?

PlatoonSgtElias

First of all hello from Estonia. I decided to registrate here after doing some search on "Anneliese Michel". I watched the movie "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" and I kinda start to belive that there are some strange forces between life and death. Im very skeptik though bout spirits, god and the devil. I belive in space and time and the boundries of space.. but hearing all my life about ghost, spirits, god and so... im so confused in what to belive.. This is the first time in my life I have written this kind of text in the internet. I havent been in a curch for umm like 15 years or so, im 20 right now and at my work (Im a computer technician) all of my bosses are religous. Catholic or how is that in english. I want to belive in something but there has nothing that can make me belive in something i havent seen... a blurry topic im sure :)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShaunZero

• SilverCougar

• hyperactive

• scoobysnack

There will be plenty of people more than willing to tell you "what to believe"

Take great caution in this.

In the end, you alone are responsible for the decision.

There will be plenty of people more than willing to tell you "what to believe"

Take great caution in this.

In the end, you alone are responsible for the decision.

^ I agree. People in here believe in many different things and it's open to argument - like it or not. I believe in the after-life, ghosts, UFO's, possession, etc., but I don't believe in God. Some opinions are credible, others, I'm not so sure about. But at the end of the day, I believe what I do, and no matter how many times people try to drum an alternative into my head, it wont work. I wont change.

I can't, and wouldn't, tell you what you should believe in. Like Pallidin said, it is only YOU who is responsible for your decision. :yes::)

EDIT: By the way, welcome to UM. :D

Edited by Tornado

I agree with the others on this; only you can make the decision what to believe in. I would do some research. Ask yourself: what sparks your interests? Don't be afraid to ask questions. Hope this helps you out! :tu:

Hey, I'm in the same boat at the moment. At the moment, I am looking into different things and their origins. It seems to me alot of different beleifs think different things about the same thing. For example, healing. Christians beleive it comes from their God/Jesus. People into Reiki and the like beleive there is a natural source where healing comes from (in the form of an energy). Exactly where does that healing come from?

I've started off with an assumption, i.e. there is a spiritual realm and I'm going from there. I then make another assumption (there is a God) and I scrutinise that until I'm left with something or nothing then move on.

Be open minded, don't let anyone tell you 'this is the way' or 'this is what is really behind it'. Collect all the facts/theories, scrutinise them and make your own mind up. :tu:

Hope this helps.

Hon... I'm going to give you this advice.

There is only one thing you should TRUELY believe in. Yourself.

Believe what you want, but not off what just people say. seek information for yourself.

Believe what you want to. Believe what you think is right. Don't believe something because others told you so.

Follow your intuition and heart.

This is the way I look at things:

What I see

+ what I learn

+ what I feel

what I believe.

I know that a lot of people in my past would wonder why I'd feel this way. I used to be very involved in the church & other religious things. But I had a really hard time seperating everything that I had experienced. I've always gotten premontions & I've always wondered if I was "alone". That there wasn't a spiritual realm & that those that went on before couldn't cross over to communitcate.

I have to kinda agree with Silver Cougar:

I feel that we are given our instincts & other intuitive gifts for a reason. To live & to understand.

40nrockinon :devil:

Everybody has already said it - Beleive in yourself. Keep an open mind.

Read everything first and then see if you can come to a logical decision. Even after years of researching I am still researching because only what you Beleive becomes the Truth for that moment. Keep a questioning mind, it is healthy.

Edited by Rainbow Rowan

PlatoonSgtElias: I bid you Welcome to the Unexplained-Mysteries forum! :st

Listen to SilverCougar. She tends to have the very good advice.....even if she is a cat :cat:

Hon... I'm going to give you this advice.

Hi SC :blush:

*Beats a hasty retreat*

DITTO! And welcome! ;)

Edited by seanph

ha ha ha.. Cats are known to have wisdom X) And cougars are known to be teachers...

Hi sweetie,

It depends on what you like.

Do you believe in reincarnation?

Do you believe in sin?

Do you believe you are a servant to God or the same as God?

If you have any questions about Christianity I can help in that area. But I do not know of other religions to much.

I am a believer of many things. But only one God. It depends on what you want to believe. Just search within and ask even your co workers if you are interested in Catholism. :yes:

Welcome.

101 :D

If you decide to beleive in Christianity, stay away from the churches and religious people who judge others and say they're going to hell.

Matthew 7:1-5 " 1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

Told not to judge by the very book they follow.

Edited by ZeroShadow

Just because someone believes or does not believe in something does not mean it doesn't exist. You can say you don't believe in God, but that doesn't mean He doesn't exist. You hear all these stories about exorcisms and demonic possessions, so there should be no doubt there's an evil entity at large. I can also show you evidence that Jesus exists, unlike what people who worship other gods can do. So, whether or not you believe, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The decision is ultimately yours. All you can do is look at the evidence and make your choice.

Which is again... something that holds no meaning to it unless you put your own wantings into it. If you want the prophacy to mean something... it'll look like like it.

Why should you believe? For that, you must weigh all options. The most common argument seen in philosophy is Pascal's Wager. Pascal was a noted mathemetician and philosopher. He had developed a system of horse betting tha guaranteed that by the end of the day he would always come out ahead.

When faced with the question of religion and God, he weighed his options carefully. He made hs decision based on the idea that, with all things considered, it was better to believe than to not believe. If one believes, and his beliefs are true, then everything is gained. If he believes, and there is no God, then he has lost nothing. If he does not believe, and he is wrong, then the risk has caused him everything. If they do not believe, and the belief is to be found wrong, then nothing is either ganed or lost.

As a Christian, this same wager was made by Paul. We see him make the claim once that, "If there is no God, then let us eat and drink for tomorrow we die." In other words, if we have nothing to believe in, then all we have to live for is the moment, becase we aren't guaranteed the anything else. However, if we live with a belief in something greater - then we can lead life with a purpose, whatever that may be.

If you decide to beleive in Christianity, stay away from the churches and religious people who judge others and say they're going to hell.

Matthew 7:1-5 " 1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

Told not to judge by the very book they follow.

I could not agree more, I am a Christian, though at many times I have not wanted to be. I find it hard to go to church, because most churches want to tell me how to act, think, or dress. I personally believe and study the supernatural/paranormal quite a bit. Not necessarily accepted in most Christian circles. Zero, you bring up several great points, most notably that most Christians do not tend to fllow their own teaching or example. I don't believe it is my place to pass judgement, r argue anyone into believing anything.

I believe that the reatest move of faith anyone can do is to doubt their own beliefs and question them constantly. To look for the best possible answer. People claim to have too much blind faith. I never want to believe blindly, in fact, I think that is the most dangerous thing in Christianity. The christian church is guilty of just as many horrendous acts as any other, and most of those are because of people blindly believing the things that one or two people believe.

So, if yu choose to believe in God, you have a lot t study and to learn. o quote the X-files, the truth it out there. It is there to be found and to be learned, and the only way you will find it is by exploring.

Belief takes energy. So to believe in nothing, is also a very energizing process that takes energy. Which in a sense creates this paralell division of such an energy in a spiritual way between life and death that can be pallatible. ( *misspelled?* - pallatable. Workable. Flexable. Ect.).

I would suggest you maintain skepticism, and look at the claims of those who would have you believe off of 'feeling' and 'faith' with an examining eye. I am also curious as to how reading the actual account of Annabeliese Bell made you want to believe more; it seemed pretty clear from the accounts that Bell was either epileptic or schizophrenic.

And ignore the bull crap about Pascal's Wager. It is worthless for one big reason. When a believer offers it to you, they say that if you believe in God, you lose nothing. But that is strictly not true, because what if you believe in the wrong God? You may have believed, but now you're off to Hell nonetheless.

Believe what you will.

The belief system that brings you the most comfort.

Examine several belief systems to see which one fits you best.

DO NOT belive the first person to tell you that their religion is the "ONLY" one.

Remember: whatever you believe, if it brings you comfort and peace, it is right for you. However, what is right for you, may not be right for others.