Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

parties

yari1249

Here is a stat I wanted you to know "Young people today are three times more likely to go out than young people 20 years ago and party habits have changed." at these private parties student drinking is unregulated and unsupervised. And, unlike bars, private house parties have no laws limiting drinking capacity or trained bartenders to monitor drinking. And it is such conditions which have played a role in student deaths. I think students who are caught in a wild party should be arrested and fined and parents should also be fined for not having control over there own child.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yelekiah

• yari1249

• DR. YO

• darkknight

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Does in not come down to the responsibility of the person.

And why arrest them, thats just causing unnecessary work for police departments and are already under funded.

That's a ridiculous reason to have the parents fined. Some parents work a lot and cannot supervise their children 24/7.

And why arrest them, thats just causing unnecessary work for police departments and are already under funded.

I agree.

Underfunded i disagree, thats where the fine would come in handy. yes you are correct about people being responsible for themselves, but kids are not aware about trouble they face and As a parent, you just can't say it is OK for your son/daughter to go to just anyone's home and assume they are going to be safe…you can't assume that this day and age with everything that is out there: whether it be crazy drunk guys, date rape drugs, dangerous acts by others, etc. Plus as you know we all have lied or stretched the truth to our parents at one point or another regarding certain things. The question you need to ask yourself is this IS THIS A PARTY YOU WOULD GLADLY BRING YOUR PARENTS TO? If not that means there is something wrong. Another question you need to consider is why don’t you think many parents this day and age attend such parties as this? Is it because they feel there is something fundamentally wrong with what goes on at these parties…or maybe is it they don’t want to be caught up with the wrong crowd…or maybe they just feel there is something not right with what goes on at these parties…or maybe it’s because they know deep down inside God doesn’t look fondly upon what goes on at some of these parties…

That's a ridiculous reason to have the parents fined. Some parents work a lot and cannot supervise their children 24/7.

If a parent isn't able to raise a child properly, the parent shouldn't be responsible for the child in the first place. Wether or not attenting such parties is a sign of bad upbringing, is debatable.

As a parent, you just can't say it is OK for your son/daughter to go to just anyone's home

You do realize that kids sneak out a lot? As a parent, what are you going to do, put them on a leash?

If a parent isn't able to raise a child properly, the parent shouldn't be responsible for the child in the first place.

It is, but even children who are raised "properly", go out and party. It isn't necessarily the upbringing. What it boils down to is the choice of that child.

what type of refinement?? yeah...

kids and parents be given community services. not fined unless it results in crime. and you yourself look young <3 so how did you come with this idea?

Ofcourse the parent should be responsible for his or her child, they brought them to this world... and its not about putting a child on a leash .Being a great parent is about instilling knowledge, potency and the correct principles. Identifying yourself with children impacts the person your child will become. Therefore, characterizing yourself, knowing where you stand and determining what you want for your children will define what future the child will have and strive for. YOU cant let them out in the dark and let them rot to death. (people have done that , which is very sad).... but any ways back to the topic... A parent should be fined because it shows the lack of disipline and concern for the well being of his or her child...Not only that but a drunk kid is putting at risk everyone around him or her...so it would also play a role in the lack of welfare for those around and i think the parent should be fined as well for not setting a limit.

Also, what about parents who allow their children to drink in their own homes? What if they throw a "wild party" during Thanksgiving? They should all be arrested and fined then?

Underfunded i disagree, thats where the fine would come in handy. yes you are correct about people being responsible for themselves, but kids are not aware about trouble they face and As a parent, you just can't say it is OK for your son/daughter to go to just anyone's home and assume they are going to be safe…you can't assume that this day and age with everything that is out there: whether it be crazy drunk guys, date rape drugs, dangerous acts by others, etc. Plus as you know we all have lied or stretched the truth to our parents at one point or another regarding certain things. The question you need to ask yourself is this IS THIS A PARTY YOU WOULD GLADLY BRING YOUR PARENTS TO? If not that means there is something wrong. Another question you need to consider is why don’t you think many parents this day and age attend such parties as this? Is it because they feel there is something fundamentally wrong with what goes on at these parties…or maybe is it they don’t want to be caught up with the wrong crowd…or maybe they just feel there is something not right with what goes on at these parties…or maybe it’s because they know deep down inside God doesn’t look fondly upon what goes on at some of these parties…

Parities have changed over the years/decades. Sure there is drugs, rape, fights. I'm not saying it's ok for these things to happen but the truth is it's been happing for years, and will continue to for years to come. It can avoided and prevented but never eliminated.

When our parents were young I'm sure they never wanted there parents going to there parities. And why would they go anyways? When you are 50 I'm sure you're not going to want to go to a party were everyone else is young and hip, you just dont fit in.

And fines?? Think about it, they have to hire more cops to hand out fines and enforce the arrests.

A parent should be fined because it shows the lack of disipline and concern for the well being of his or her child...

Incorrect. I know tons of kids who are very well-disciplined and still go out and drink.

don't get me wrong, I'm against crime and death. but if there is anyway this is to be avoided then the system has to come with good plan. and oh nice pic.avatar. :tu:

Well if you do, and one of your brothers and sisters (if you have any) went out and partied (snuck out), do you think your parents should be fined? And your sibling should be arrested and have their record screwed?

Incorrect. I know tons of kids who are very well-disciplined and still go out and drink.

This is not about going out and drinking. This is about going out and drinking yourself into oblivion, and similar stupid stuff.

kids and parents be given community services. not fined unless it results in crime. and you yourself look young <3 so how did you come with this idea?

just came up...

This is not about going out and drinking. This is about going out and drinking yourself into oblivion, and similar stupid stuff.

If I'm not mistaken, this topic is about parties and drinking. So my comment was relevant.

Well if you do, and one of your brothers and sisters (if you have any) went out and partied (snuck out), do you think your parents should be fined? And your sibling should be arrested and have their record screwed?

Yeah i do think they should be fined. but maybe i am saying that cause i have no brothers and sisters.