Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

formorian giant

fantazum

click on this link for the pic:

http://www.burlingtonnews.net/gianttoni2.JPG

Click on this link for the story:

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...3D%26ie%3DUTF-8

Does anyone out there have any info on this find? There is something very odd about this thing.

The artefact disappeared shortly after discovery and i would love to know if it was just another hoax.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fantazum

• Essan

• darkknight

• Welsh Shaun

Modern anthropologists have put forward the theory that once the giants existed in great number, and were the dominant race prior to the advent of modem and smaller races of men and women. Being warlike, they diminished their number in great wars (as the thousands of mound burials in the Ohio River Valley attest), and were eventually subjugated by the smaller, but more numerous races. Although the giants of yesteryears may have been destroyed, the genes still rise in modern man ie. children born with 6 toes or fingers, double rows of teeth and giant sizes such as shown in the picture at the top of the page.

We can find another example of the existence of giant 'bearded' men, through the tradition of the Chippewa, Sandusky, and Tawa tribes.,

recently lot of findings about giants has been discovered...once such read at giants

If Ireland was once inhabited by giants, then presumably they'd consider normal humans to be 'little folk' - which must mean that we are leprechauns! :w00t:

(Yes, the picture is an obvious hoax, typical of the time - note the way it even has a 'fossilied' loin cloth to protect its modesty!))

If? this was a hoax it perhaps would explain why it and its owners disapeared.

Thanks for the post though fantazm, I'll enjoy reading more on these Giants later.

recently lot of findings about giants has been discovered...once such read at giants

thanks for the link. Yes I managed to find a really good history of Ireland which mentions the legend of giants existing on the Island until vanquished by subsequent invaders.

One other legend of ireland which intrigues me concerns the 'stone of scone'

thanks for the link. Yes I managed to find a really good history of Ireland which mentions the legend of giants existing on the Island until vanquished by subsequent invaders.

One other legend of ireland which intrigues me concerns the 'stone of scone'

The stone of Scone. Yes that artefact has a very peculiar history and set of legends behind it. One legend claims that the stone was actually a piece of Solomon's temple....another claims it was one of the bedstones that supported the ark of the covenant.A popular name for it is 'jacob's pillow'

The stone, according to one legend, was brought to Ireland by a family of jews who had been forced to flee egypt. They were given a lift by some pheonecians who had established themselves in Ireland and britain to mine tin deposits. The jewish family established themselves as the first rulers in ireland and established an ordered and cultured society. Their lineage apparently can be traced to certain noble irish families alive today.

According to another legend the jewish royal family were all interred within a place now known as tara....a name sounding strangely like torah.

One more very odd fact: the stone was taken to scotland from Ireland and the english swiped it in 1296ad. They returned it to scotland in 1996 but the scots were a tad suspicious that the english may have given them a forgery so a sample was taken from the stone and tested. Apparently the sample proved that the stone could only have come from the holy land.

I posted a lot of stuff on my site about giants and archeological fidnings connected with them. Just FYI.

Before anyone goes too far out on a limb with this, I'd ask "You do realize this is a statue, right?"

Fossils don't get unearthed whole and intact like that, and bodies don't petrify naturally; and certainly not in Ireland. If they said they'd found it somewhere like Pompeii at least we'd have a somewhat belivable account of how they could have unearthed such a find; by pumping plaster into the depression the body left, and like that..

But even then, it wouldn't have that loincloth.. :lol:

It even died in a classic renaissance pose..How dramatically wonderful.. :D

It reminded me of the "Cardiff Giant". Another famous hoax.

I think everyone here knows this is a hoax. And that it disappeared shortly after discovery just means it was quickly put in storage before it could be examined too closely.

Which means somebody has this sucker in their basement. Isn't that kinda cool?

Looks like a poorly designed sculpture made by someone in my art class! :lol:

If Ireland was once inhabited by giants, then presumably they'd consider normal humans to be 'little folk' - which must mean that we are leprechauns! :w00t:

(Yes, the picture is an obvious hoax, typical of the time - note the way it even has a 'fossilied' loin cloth to protect its modesty!))

I managed to find out that when this thing was found it was in a prone state (lying down)

the loin cloth was actually placed on it deliberately by the discoverers to preserve the victorian sense of decency. Apparently it has a gigantic schlong. It is supposed to have six fingers on each hand but I cant confirm this.

The strangest 'fact' about this artefact is that is encased in volcanic pumice. Hmm...volcanic activity in Ireland is believed to have ended with the dinosaur age.

Giant stuff

Giants in History, Myth, and Legend

Giant Skeletons

skeleton of a giant human. :)

Jolly Green Giant :D

I personally doubt Giants 12' +, however, 7' -8' why not, they are among us today, its a disease... pituatary or something... Isnt there a 7' + guard in the Royal guards? JMO

southern Ireland at the time this 'giant' was found was occupied by the english and the subjugation of the irish created great wealth amongst the english landlords. This extremely wealthy class built numerous stately homes snd spent a great deal of their time travelling outside of the province. It is possible that this 'giant' may have been brought to ireland from somewhere like Pompey by one of these rich landlords and then become the object of a hoax or simply been forgotten about and dumped.