Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Positives of not being Religious

Sherapy

What you see as refusal i see as growth, Pa is smoking good for your health??? how would you arrrive at this conclusion? would you choose to beleive the cigarette company that has told you its not harmful( actually covers up info to prove otherwise) because they want to keep you as a consumer or would you investigate for yourself, gather evidence then make an informed decison. One is not being responsible for ones self, one is which would you choose? The evidence is in loud and clear that your 'god' is a man made construct, namaste sheri

The evidence is that strong! WOW - WHY HASN'T SOMEONE TOLD ME OF THIS EARLIER :lol:

Come on Sheri. If it were that clear, why would I follow it? Oh, wait. I'm a victim right, succumbing to a victim's construct :no: The fact is, you have your belief, I have mine. I don't go around saying your belief is wrong. I believe mine to be right, but that's not the same thing, is it. But you actively go out of your way to condemn my belief. Why?

As for the cigarette company, I would read all available info, both for and against, and make my own decision. I would not take on face value what the CEO of Marlboro tobacco company says, nor would I dismiss it completely. Though this is a loaded question, because we all know that smoking is bad for you - the government forces the company to put warning signs on ever packet telling of the dangers. Therefore, however I answer this question, it really has no relation to my belief in God and the Bible, which is not harmful. But then again, you think it is harmful, so my answer is just a state of denial, isn't it. Geez, is there any way I can come out of this?

Regards, PA

Edited by Paranoid Android

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• ShaunZero

• Paranoid Android

• hyperactive

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pa you are saying your construct is wrong not i. one could say that everyone knows that god is made up much like Santa, but if it works for you.... My son's friend is 9 he has been told by his friends and his sister and my son that santa isn't real but he refuses to beleive, by his own admission, he says but I know there is a santa, to I want to beleive in Santa....

Kids are interesting once they relize things and this kid has been told by his peers to snap out of it his parents are Santa there is no santa yet he still holds strong to the construct, we all find our way in our time in our way, PA I actually do not stand in judgement of you, I am glad on the smoking thing it does seem we can agree on some things Namaste sheri

Pa you are saying your construct is wrong not i
why are you giving a man made diety credit

These are your words Sheri, not mine! But yes, it does work for me. I do not believe my construct to be false. I believe it to be truth (though I must say my "construct" is belief in God, not belief in a religious organization - but you didn't need me to say that, did you :P).

All the best :tu:

Regards, PA

I hope you're not being serious. Have you ever read a pack of ciggs?

Zero the cigarette companys have to put the warning on the label as mandated by the surgeon general, ( but its strategically located on the side that too was a big discussion) the cigarette company's didn't want to "scare" people off from buying their product, Its a very big buisness which the goverment profits from, you read between the lines, i suppose the way to get around that is to deny the obvious.... Namaste sheri

Pa you think I think your wrong maybe...... I was asking a question? I'll re ask if hypothetically your god is a construct why would you beleive in "him'? namaste sheri

Zero the cigarette companys have to put the warning on the label as mandated by the surgeon general, ( but its strategically located on the side that too was a big discussion) the cigarette company's didn't want to "scare" people off from buying their product, Its a very big buisness which the goverment profits from, you read between the lines, i suppose the way to get around that is to deny the obvious.... Namaste sheri

He's to young to remember that Sheri.

Hypothetically, I wouldn't believe in a man-made construct :tu:

Edited by Paranoid Android

Hypothetically, I wouldn't believe in a man-made construct :tu:

Hmm interesting PA.

Zannie I just assume everyone knows the drama of the cigarette company complete with choosing that as your demise if you smoke that is or breathe second hand smoke( which is actually more deadly than......oh well this is not place namaste Sheri

• 2 weeks later...

What I think has been said 7 times.. or a million. I am an Atheist but I am also a good person, with good ethics. I could slowly take apart christianity and point out all of its flaws. But I wont because if you want to believe then believe. Until you shove it down my throat I wont shove it down yours.

Serena

P.S. Personally I never felt any connection with "God".

Zannie I just assume everyone knows the drama of the cigarette company complete with choosing that as your demise if you smoke that is or breathe second hand smoke( which is actually more deadly than......oh well this is not place namaste Sheri

If the cigarette companies could get away from putting that warning on they would in a heartbeat.

BTW was that directed at me?

If the cigarette companies could get away from putting that warning on they would in a heartbeat.

BTW was that directed at me?

no no, we are on the same page Zannie, you are correct they would take the warning off if they could. Its interesting becasue in the context of the media the laws are different very lax the written word has more stringent laws, the point is you notice through the media and other ways they market to kids without the warning. scandalous huh namaste Sheri

no no, we are on the same page Zannie, you are correct they would take the warning off if they could. Its interesting becasue in the context of the media the laws are different very lax the written word has more stringent laws, the point is you notice through the media and other ways they market to kids without the warning. scandalous huh namaste Sheri

I agree, but couldn't you argue that's it's good for buisness, and the main objective of a major corporation is to pass the profits on to it's stock holders not to make the world a better place.

When you are trying to profit off others you can't let morals get in your way.

The general rule is that there is a profit in confusion; the more confusion, the more profit.

Therefore, the best approach is to create problems and then offer solutions.

Diversion, the Primary Strategy

Experience has prevent that the simplest method of securing a silent weapon and gaining control of the public is to keep the public undisciplined and ignorant of the basic system principles on the one hand, while keeping them confused, disorganized, and distracted with matters of no real importance on the other hand.

This is achieved by:

disengaging their minds; sabotaging their mental activities; providing a low-quality program of public education in mathematics, logic, systems design and economics; and discouraging technical creativity. engaging their emotions, increasing their self-indulgence and their indulgence in emotional and physical activities, by:

unrelenting emotional affrontations and attacks (mental and emotional rape) by way of constant barrage of sex, violence, and wars in the media

- especially the T.V. and the newspapers.

- giving them what they desire - in excess

- "junk food for thought"

- and depriving them of what they really need.

- rewriting history and law and subjecting the public to the deviant creation, thus being able to shift their thinking from personal needs to highly fabricated outside priorities.

These preclude their interest in and discovery of the silent weapons of social automation technology.

Diversion Summary

Media: Keep the adult public attention diverted away from the real social issues, and captivated by matters of no real importance.

Schools: Keep the young public ignorant of real mathematics, real economics, real law, and real history.

Entertainment: Keep the public entertainment below a sixth-grade level.

Work: Keep the public busy, busy, busy, with no time to think; back on the farm with the other animals.

Factor VI - Cattle - Those who will not use their brains are no better off than those who have no brains, and so this mindless school of jelly-fish, father, mother, son, and daughter, become useful beasts of burden or trainers of the same.

http://www.miqel.com/text/silent-weapons-q...rol-manual.html

Edited by scoobysnack

Scooby thanks for that post, yes i would agree with you emphatically, buisness first before anything else. It seems we share a few of the same ideas.I really appreciate the link excellent!!!! namaste sheri

Edited by Sheri berri

Sure it is, religious means believing in a higher power or personal god.

I think the word you are looking for is spirituality. All people on this rock have the ability to be spirtual. It is a choice, a choice that makes all of us human. Just like waking up in the morning, or shooting a person in a fit of rage. We choose to do (insert proper word/s) We are only human.

Scooby thanks for that post, yes i would agree with you emphatically, buisness first before anything else. It seems we share a few of the same ideas.I really appreciate the link excellent!!!! namaste sheri

Your welcome, I wish more people would read that...

I also wanted to post this but I forgot:

It is patently impossible to discuss social engineering or the automation of a society, i.e.,

the engineering of social automation systems (silent weapons) on a national or worldwide scale without implying extensive objectives of social control and destruction of human life, i.e., slavery and genocide.

This manual is in itself an analog declaration of intent. Such a writing must be secured from public scrutiny. Otherwise, it might be recognized as a technically formal declaration of domestic war. Furthermore, whenever any person or group of persons in a position of great power and without full knowledge and consent of the public, uses such knowledge

and methodologies for economic conquest - it must be understood that a state of domestic warfare exists between said person or group of persons and the public.

The solution of today's problems requires an approach which is ruthlessly candid, with no agonizing over religious, moral or cultural values.

You have qualified for this project because of your ability to look at human society with cold objectivity, and yet analyze and discuss your observations and conclusions with others of similar intellectual capacity without the loss of discretion or humility. Such virtues are exercised in your own best interest. Do not deviate from them.

Social engineering (the analysis and automation of a society) requires the correlation of great amounts of constantly changing economic information (data), so a high-speed computerized data-processing system was necessary which could race ahead of the society and predict when society would arrive for capitulation.

In 1952 the grant period terminated, and a high-level meeting of the Elite was held to determine the next phase of social operations research. The Harvard project had been very fruitful, as is borne out by the publication of some of its results in 1953 suggesting the feasibility of economic (social) engineering.

(Studies in the Structure of the American Economy - copyright 1953 by Wassily Leontief,

International Science Press Inc., White Plains, New York).

The Quiet War was quietly declared by the International Elite at a meeting held in 1954.

This volume marks the 25th anniversary of the beginning of the Quiet War. Already this domestic war has had many victories on many fronts throughout the world.

Political Introduction

In 1954 it was well recognized by those in positions of authority that it was only a matter of time, only a few decades, before the general public would be able to grasp and upset the cradle of power, for the very elements of the new silent-weapon technology were as accessible for a public utopia as they were for providing a private utopia.

All science is merely a means to an end. The means is knowledge. The end is control. Beyond this remains only one issue:

Who will be the beneficiary?

In 1954 this was the issue of primary concern. Although the so-called "moral issues" were raised, in view of the law of natural selection it was agreed that a nation or world of people who will not use their intelligence are no better than animals who do not have intelligence. Such people are beasts of burden and steaks on the table by choice and consent.

Consequently, in the interest of future world order, peace, and tranquillity, it was decided to privately wage a quiet war against the American public with an ultimate objective of permanently shifting the natural and social energy (wealth) of the undisciplined and irresponsible many into the hands of the self-disciplined, responsible, and worthy few.

Edited by scoobysnack

Scooby very interesting read, where are you finding this stuff??? i do have a passion for this sort of reading I'm alwauys open to different perspectives. Namaste sheri

Sherri, my only point was that it's on the pack. Does it really matter where?

I havn't seen you in a while but yet you're still the same. The Sherri/hyper duo is back. How old are you guys put together? 300? =P Just messin. You always talk about my age, so... Are you guys married yet?

Edited by ZeroShadow

Zero ha ha ha I must say you are a funny boy, are you 18 yet??only kidding.. Nice to know you are thinking of me. Sorry to mess up your latest mythology, hyper/sheri are respectful of each others thinking styles . Sort of advesarys of a skeptical nature. So don't break out the popcorn just yet Zero not for us. namaste sheri

Edited by Sheri berri