Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

war on iraq, a waste of time?

dark fusion

the war on iraq must be the biggest waste of time ever.

what are your views?

their are no weapons of mass destrution!!

why are our troops still there?

you know what i think

stomp, push, shove, mush, **** bush until they bring our troops home (eminem - mosh)

im sure there has bin many post about this but our troops have bin in iraq for 3 years. ITS DISRACEVUL

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iaapac

• dark fusion

• Lord Umbarger

• Stellar

the war on iraq must be the biggest waste of time ever.

what are your views?

their are no weapons of mass destrution!!

you know what i think

stomp, push, shove, mush, **** bush until they bring our troops home (eminem - mosh)

im sure there has bin many post about this but our troops have bin in iraq for 3 years. ITS DISRACEVUL

keep the troops there, if we left now, it would turn into chaos.

Turn to chaos? It already is chaos...

its an insurgency, but not chaos, the Iraqi government isnt strong enough to repell the insurgents all on their own.

so what I mean is that if we left now, more than likely the insurgents would take over the Iraqi government which is exactly what we dont want.

From what the media shows, yes it is. Problems, gore and death are all big for the media cause people watch it then. The other stories of it being better you nearly never hear about. If it's all chaos... then why do they have a goverment? Why do they have free elections? Granted there are kinks that need to be worked out, but nothing is perfect. Not to long ago the Iraqi goverment asked that the US would stay and help, and we have. Another country is asking for our help and support, that isn't chaos right there. They have a functioning goverment that talks to the UN and is already making deals and such with other countries to push forward Iraq into freedom.

keep the troops there, if we left now, it would turn into chaos.

keep the troops there and what, have them get killed

From what the media shows, yes it is. Problems, gore and death are all big for the media cause people watch it then. The other stories of it being better you nearly never hear about. If it's all chaos... then why do they have a goverment? Why do they have free elections? Granted there are kinks that need to be worked out, but nothing is perfect. Not to long ago the Iraqi goverment asked that the US would stay and help, and we have. Another country is asking for our help and support, that isn't chaos right there. They have a functioning goverment that talks to the UN and is already making deals and such with other countries to push forward Iraq into freedom.

I totally agree!!! and the majority of recent attacks are against Iraqi forces, they want this to work, we are their best hope for a democratic country.

Sure.. if you want to think I'm spoon fead midia crap...

They may have a budding govornment.. and want to make this work.. but they still have chaos there. Still bouts of attacks... still get a few suicidal bombings. Untill they've got enough order to stand on their own... they still have chaos.

troops arnt sent to their deaths, they are sent to defend.

I am against war, but Keep the Soldiers there. If they pull out now you risk creating a problem 1000 times worse then it is now. And you will have to go back in and clean it up later. Soldiers know what they signed up for, even if they are against it they should know there job is very dangerous and death is comin workplace hazzard.

I am not a soldier, but i plan to be.

~Thanato

Edited by Thanato

sigh, why do people think pulling the troops out of Iraq will be a good thing?

come on kids, you don't need Sheehan and Moore to tell you what to think, use some freakin common sense.

Thanato is exactly right.

The war was, and continues to be a mistake of an enormous scale, but pulling out right now would be a bigger mistake.

I am not saying that I would not be trying to get them out as soon as possible and getting iraq stable, but pulling the troops out willy nilly would just give an oil rich country to folks that already hate us...giving them all they need to make our lives rather difficult.

One would hope that at some point in the not too distant future the leaders that took us down this path get what they have coming to them; jail.

Because at this point, they cant leave.

As opposed to leave and:

1. Many more civilians would be killed.

2. A regime hostile to the west arises.

3. The US gets blamed for giving up.

4. In the future, ppl will blame the US for whatever wrongs the country does because the US didnt stay to see it through till the end.

The only people causing trouble in Iraq are the chumps(aka-insurgents)that are blowing themselves up and killing innocent, hard-working Iraqis. I'm so tired of hearing that it was wrong to go there, its a bunch of B.S. The Iraqis need our support more than ever now, we must not back down, we must see it through to the end, they deserve that!

This is no time to play politics, it is about the people.

I'm so proud of our troops, they deserve our utmost respect. They know what they are there for, they know the risks better than we do. We need to listen to what they are saying and notice what they are accomplishing. Negativity never wins.

Edited by artymoon

In my opinion the war in iraq is waste of time. the us does not kill only the bad guys it has also killed about 26000 CIVILIANS (http://www.iraqbodycount.net/)

We are just killing innocent people and bad guys. i dont think the terrorist that bomb iraq would have killed as many as we did, i think we are doing them a favor. I am wondering if this is game who is going to kill more civilians, wins ?

This is like vietnam......... waste of time

well that was my opinion respect it as i have respected yours

thank you

and have a nice day to all

Because at this point, they cant leave.

As opposed to leave and:

1. Many more civilians would be killed.

2. A regime hostile to the west arises.

3. The US gets blamed for giving up.

4. In the future, ppl will blame the US for whatever wrongs the country does because the US didnt stay to see it through till the end.

why should they be there?

bush made a mastake and troops are paying the price of death

In my opinion the war in iraq is waste of time. the us does not kill only the bad guys it has also killed about 26000 CIVILIANS (http://www.iraqbodycount.net/)

We are just killing innocent people and bad guys. i dont think the terrorist that bomb iraq would have killed as many as we did, i think we are doing them a favor. I am wondering if this is game who is going to kill more civilians, wins ?

This is like vietnam......... waste of time

well that was my opinion respect it as i have respected yours

thank you

and have a nice day to all

i resect it, i have resected ever opinion even if i dont agree with some

We are just killing innocent people and bad guys. i dont think the terrorist that bomb iraq would have killed as many as we did, i think we are doing them a favor. I am wondering if this is game who is going to kill more civilians, wins ?]

you can at least read and understand the link you provided

Iraq body count clearly shows the majority of civilian deaths have been a result of Insurgents. OOPS

guess what, in wars, people die, its a sad reality.

Heres an interesting thing i noticed whilst watching a ww2 documentary, liberating french towns often resulted in razing said town, its amazing how people these days have so little perspective when it comes to warfare and dealing with regimes like the baath party.

Evidently the war in Iraq was not a 'waste of time'. I think you will find that instead of a dictator who executed thousands of people, there is a democractic government, fragile as it is.

As a few of you have said, we see what the media gives us. Almost all the media in England is anti war, you only see the negative sides.

you can at least read and understand the link you provided

Iraq body count clearly shows the majority of civilian deaths have been a result of Insurgents. OOPS

guess what, in wars, people die, its a sad reality.

Heres an interesting thing i noticed whilst watching a ww2 documentary, liberating french towns often resulted in razing said town, its amazing how people these days have so little perspective when it comes to warfare and dealing with regimes like the baath party.

yes, but doesnt bush go out there and fitgh, i mean, he started it

Evidently the war in Iraq was not a 'waste of time'. I think you will find that instead of a dictator who executed thousands of people, there is a democractic government, fragile as it is.

As a few of you have said, we see what the media gives us. Almost all the media in England is anti war, you only see the negative sides.

good piont

seriously dark fusion, do you even consider yourself to be informed? no blood for oil? bush should go out and fight himself? you don't actually believe that right?

seriously dark fusion, do you even consider yourself to be informed? no blood for oil? bush should go out and fight himself? you don't actually believe that right?

maybe your right, im just bending the truth because i am agianst the war and i am annoying that Innocent people are still getting killed