Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

war on iraq, a waste of time?

dark fusion

Well, the USA put their leg almost to the groin in the mud, and now they cant put it out whiout creatinga chaos. You have a very fragile national goverments how is backed by the prescence of the USA and allies troops. The own Iraq forces are unrelaible at best. And them you have the diferent insurgents. The ones whit Al-queda , the ones how are sunni, the shiiets, the ones backed by Iran, the kurds wanting the fundation for Kurdistan, etc,etc. IF the USA & allies retires from the zone, Iraq will be torn apart in diferent regions, at the best. At the worst, it will be converted into a bloodsheed zone betewn the diferent factions.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iaapac

• dark fusion

• Lord Umbarger

• Stellar

Inocent people should not be killed in a time of war, but unfortinatky it happens. Millions of people were being killed in the second world war, not soldiers civilians, and not the ones being put in Hitlers Death Camps either, most were russian, some were english, others were french, dutch, german, italian, might i go on.

Its really unfortinate that civilians are killed in war, and im totaly against war, but it isnt an excuse to back away, untill that number is extreamly high, and even then if the cause is right, like it was in WW2 you should not back down. Right now Iraq needs a government, they need and Army, and they need international support. If anyone wants US and or British troops out of Iraq, you will just creat a bigger problem, and when you have to go back in and fix it in 10-20 years you are the people who will be saying, why didnt we stick it out.

I as i said i am Against war and this one should not have been started, but stick it through.

~Thanato

I as i said i am Against war and this one should not have been started

finnaly some agree with me, it should not have been started

keep the troops there, if we left now, it would turn into chaos.

If the war in Iraq brings democracy to a suppressed and tortured nation, then it cannot be a waste of time.

If the war in Iraq brings democracy to a suppressed and tortured nation, then it cannot be a waste of time.

but there is no democracy, there is just chaos

Maybe not just now, but they are trying desperately to bring it about! Extremists keep assassinating those that could make this happen.

I know you're a guy, wants everything yesterday, ahem! Just have a lil' bit o' patience.

waste of time?....the army,navy airforce have fought with honor and bravery, knowing they fought to make the world better. you cannot tag this as wasted time.

What about the other war it seems like Bush put it in his do it later file and bin laden may have slipped away!

No...I think you will find that there is a democractic government in place with coalition forces patrolling the streets. That is not chaos.

Chaos is no government, or a collapsing one, with everyone running about looting. In my mind anyway, after all chaos means chaos.

Edited by Mr Ed

I totally agree!!! and the majority of recent attacks are against Iraqi forces, they want this to work, we are their best hope for a democratic country.

There is a natural assumption on the part of the American people that the people of Iraq WANT a democratic government. This is the same rhetoric we heard during the invasion of Afghanistan and what happened? Today the entire nation outside of Kabul itself, have returned to their former state of government. When U.N. missions went there to promote rights for women, there were protests and it was protests by the women.

Democracy may be wonderful for the United States but that is not sufficient reason to imagine that it is the form of government wanted by the rest of the world. Given that, we must then ask by what right or authority did the U.S. invade Iraq?

There is a natural assumption on the part of the American people that the people of Iraq WANT a democratic government.

Do you remember seeing hundreds of Iraqis beating the statue of Saddam Hussain with their shoes?

Also, the media don't like to show it, but many Iraqis in England anyway supported the war, maybe not for the emphasis on WMDs, but because it got rid of a power crazed dictator.

Many Iraqis are glad Saddam has gone, my mother is a counsellor at Greenwhich university, many, many international students. Most of the Iraqis there are glad the war happened.

When the elections in England were going on, an experiment/thing went on and they sent an Iraqi man around with the main political party that opposed the war. He told everyone that the war was a good thing and that the situation will get better now.

The media normally likes to show us hatred, scare mongering and getting angry at our governments is what they like to do.

Edit-

Tell that to all those thousands of people who were tortured, oppressed, or simply went missing during the last 30 or more years under Saddam!

Exactly.

Edited by Mr Ed

There is a natural assumption on the part of the American people that the people of Iraq WANT a democratic government. This is the same rhetoric we heard during the invasion of Afghanistan and what happened? Today the entire nation outside of Kabul itself, have returned to their former state of government. When U.N. missions went there to promote rights for women, there were protests and it was protests by the women.

Democracy may be wonderful for the United States but that is not sufficient reason to imagine that it is the form of government wanted by the rest of the world. Given that, we must then ask by what right or authority did the U.S. invade Iraq?

Tell that to all those thousands of people who were tortured, oppressed, or simply went missing during the last 30 or more years under Saddam!

the way the war is going there is gonna be no-one left to run the Democracy

these are all brilliant piont, its good to hear different view from diferent poeple.

Do you remember seeing hundreds of Iraqis beating the statue of Saddam Hussain with their shoes?

Also, the media don't like to show it, but many Iraqis in England anyway supported the war, maybe not for the emphasis on WMDs, but because it got rid of a power crazed dictator.

Many Iraqis are glad Saddam has gone, my mother is a counsellor at Greenwhich university, many, many international students. Most of the Iraqis there are glad the war happened.

When the elections in England were going on, an experiment/thing went on and they sent an Iraqi man around with the main political party that opposed the war. He told everyone that the war was a good thing and that the situation will get better now.

The media normally likes to show us hatred, scare mongering and getting angry at our governments is what they like to do.

Edit-

Exactly.

The existence of a dictator and his offenses are not denied or debated here. The collective opinions of displaced Iraquis, living in a foreign nation where it is best to share a popular opinion, can be equated with the views of those still living in Iraq. The fact is that even the opinion of most Britains has changed since the beginning of the war. Concerning the famous filming of the toppling of the Hussein statue, it has been claimed and fairly well admitted that this was posed and at least one report indicated that each Iraqui participant received $50 USD.

The reported views of the Iraquis living in England (where many have been westernized) were consistent in that they hoped Hussein would be overthrown so that immigrant restrictions could be lifted and their families reunited. That is a far cry from the desire for a democractic government.

Concerning the famous filming of the toppling of the Hussein statue, it has been claimed and fairly well admitted that this was posed and at least one report indicated that each Iraqui participant received $50 USD.

Post a link to this evidence please, seems interesting. I have never heard of this.

The reported views of the Iraquis living in England (where many have been westernized) were consistent in that they hoped Hussein would be overthrown so that immigrant restrictions could be lifted and their families reunited. That is a far cry from the desire for a democractic government.

As you may have noticed Iraq isn't really in a position to do this at the moment. However bad the short term effects of the war are, the long term benefits will be great.

Concerning the famous filming of the toppling of the Hussein statue, it has been claimed and fairly well admitted that this was posed and at least one report indicated that each Iraqui participant received $50 USD.

'Claimed' and 'Fairly well admitted' in no way equates to proof positive! It is sweeping and innacurate statements like this that further inflame the situation. For heaven's sake, the media do enough of that!

Couldn't agree more.

You know, these 'philosophers' sit back in their cosy armchairs, having lived since birth in a democratic, free society, with absolutely no real concept of what it must be like to walk a mile in the shoes of a suppressed and oppressed human being.

More people died in car accidents this month then soldiers died in Iraq in 2 and a half years.

hello !!!

well this is my question was the war in iraq waste of time or not?

have a nice day !!!!!

brave men and women have died in believe they died for good cause not a time waste.

for those who fought bravely and with honour to protect and make world better. no one can call it waste of time.

brave men and women have died in believe they died for good cause not a time waste.

for those who fought bravely and with honour to protect and make world better. no one can call it waste of time.

ok, a waste of lives then cus the people who have died, there lives have been wasted

hello !!!

well this is my question was the war in iraq waste of time or not?

have a nice day !!!!!

hello !!!!

you just dont read do you cus i said in the first post that this might have been posted many times before :angry2:

have a nice day !!!!!

ok, a waste of lives then cus the people who have died, there lives have been wasted

all nations was build on lives of brave men and women...its not waste.

all nations was build on lives of brave men and women...its not waste.

yes, but what was the piont of war anyway