Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

war on iraq, a waste of time?

dark fusion

I mean, I thought that when they found Al Zarchouwi there that it was kind of like proof and when they realized that most of the fighting in Iraq now is with Osama trained insurgents, it was kind of like further proof?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iaapac

• dark fusion

• Lord Umbarger

• Stellar

Im not trying to be rude here but say you were in the military and endured 2 years of duty in hell to fight for your country, fight for freedom and for the peoples way of life and come home to find out the people you fought for thought it was pointless and a waste of time.

Part of the problem with this topic is that we don't have a clear definition of what a 'waste of time' in terms of foreign affairs, war, and politics might mean. My personal definition is that the Iraq War was a waste of time because it was conducted with objectives based on dubious evidence; i.e., Iraq was invaded because the Bush Administration sold the public on the idea that our main effort was to remove Iraq as a threat to the United States. Since Iraq, which had been military inert in terms of threatening its neighbors since the Gulf War, did not constitute a threat to the US in the first place, an invasion to remove it based on the idea that Iraq was a threat, means that the invasion was pointless. A waste of time.

Im not trying to be rude here but say you were in the military and endured 2 years of duty in hell to fight for your country, fight for freedom and for the peoples way of life and come home to find out the people you fought for thought it was pointless and a waste of time.

Your point is completely understood. But at the same time please consider that many of us have undergone military training and now have recovered from it. Within that training is the indoctrination into concepts such as fighting for your country (Iraq was never a threat to the United States), fight for freedom (without the people of Iraq requesting a fight for their freedom from the United Nations much less the United States), for the people's way of life (no . . . the American way of life. That may not always be welcome to the people of an invaded nation. Example, Afghanistand, Vietnam). We are not saying that your personal sacrifices nor those who perished was a waste of time. It certainly was not for you or others within that combat but it is hoped that with the passing of years and a clearer viewpoint through the passage of time, you may see that you were a victim as much as anyone in Iraq.

Within that training is the indoctrination into concepts such as fighting for your country (Iraq was never a threat to the United States), fight for freedom (without the people of Iraq requesting a fight for their freedom from the United Nations much less the United States), for the people's way of life (no . . . the American way of life. That may not always be welcome to the people of an invaded nation. Example, Afghanistand, Vietnam). We are not saying that your personal sacrifices nor those who perished was a waste of time. It certainly was not for you or others within that combat but it is hoped that with the passing of years and a clearer viewpoint through the passage of time, you may see that you were a victim as much as anyone in Iraq.

interesting, that thought hadn't occurred to me...wasn't it the push of president bush to pull the us-forces to "liberate" iraq from oppression? but if the peoples of iraq didn't ask it officially, then what does that say? does this mean the us-forces are fighting there under false pretense? this war confuses me...but then, all war confuses me ~ as if it be a global sport of some kind, to take life in exchange for power.. :mellow:

"but if the peoples of iraq didn't ask it officially"

It wasn't like the regime liked people opposing them and having a different view. Didn't their elections turn out to be 99% votes for saddam.

They had no way out, the people couldnt rise up and have a voice, all you should know this !