Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Three die playing catch with grenade

__Kratos__

BANJA LUKA, Bosnia (Reuters) - A hand grenade being used instead of a ball in a game of catch exploded early on Saturday killing three youths in this Bosnian town, police and news agencies said.

Two youths aged 19 and 20, one of them from neighboring Croatia, were killed instantly while a 20-year-old woman died on her way to hospital, police said. Her sister was slightly injured but two other youths suffered serious injuries.

The blast occurred at 2:00 a.m. in the western town of Novi Grad at a place in the town center frequented by youngsters. Police said an inquiry was under way and declined further comment. It was not clear why the grenade exploded.

ONASA news agency quoted witnesses as saying the youths tossed the hand grenade to each other before it exploded in the hands of one of them.

Bosnia is awash with illegal weapons left over from the 1992-95 war and tragic incidents are frequent despite several successful campaigns by international peacekeepers and police to get people to hand over illegal weapons.

Source

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:lol: Fools got what they deserved. :lol:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• Master of Geeks

• Mr Ed

• Bebi

It was not clear why the grenade exploded.

Erm... the pin fell out while it was being thrown about? I'm sure although grenade pins don't just "fall out" they weren't designed to be thrown more than once....

Great story though, gave me a good laugh

I feel bad for laughing because I know its tragic, but you really have to be a DEE DEE DEE to play catch with a grenade. :lol:

The death of two young men and a woman is not funny. To laugh at an accident like that is quite disturbing actually.

How is that an accident? If you were 5 years old I can understand, but 20. :angry2:

The death of two young men and a woman is not funny. To laugh at an accident like that is quite disturbing actually.

Man... they were playing with a freakin grenade! Sure, it was an accident but with the level of stupidity they were at in playing with a grenade it was their own fault. :yes:

:lol: I mean... how does one start playing catch with a grenade? :P

Oh sorry I am wrong, how funny. Two men and woman were killed by a grenade ha ha ha. Man I am having a job wiping the tears of laughter away.

If you find it funny then that is fair enough, but I just don't see the joke in the stupidity of three young people leading them to their deaths.

Edited by Mr Ed

Oh sorry I am wrong, how funny. Two men and woman were killed by a grenade ha ha ha. Man I am having a job wiping the tears of laughter away.

They were playing catch with a grenade

Who in there right mind plays catch with a grenade!!!!

I still think it's funny. I bunch of $@%&*! idiots :P

Edited by DR. YO

:lol: I mean... how does one start playing catch with a grenade? :P

One can only hope that these folks did not reproduce before they began knowingly playing with a device that is designed to kill as many people as possible within a 25 foot diameter.

I am having a difficult time feeling bad for these folks; I think they were well aware of what they were doing, and they killed themselves being painfully stupid. I think that puts them to the top of the list of the Darwin award.

One can only hope that these folks did not reproduce before they began knowingly playing with a device that is designed to kill as many people as possible within a 25 foot diameter.

I am having a difficult time feeling bad for these folks; I think they were well aware of what they were doing, and they killed themselves being painfully stupid. I think that puts them to the top of the list of the Darwin award.

yes! I vote Darwin Award AND Nobel Prize!

Their actions were trully moronic yet I just cant sit there laughing at them as they have lost their lives and the loss of life is never a laughing matter.

I say that someone inadvertantly or purposefully "pull-the-pin" before tossing. Given a delay fuse, it's hard to say who did it. Or the pin simply shook loose from all the tossing.

Who knows... but one thing is certain: It was STUPID.

I wholeheartidly agree with you!!! :cry: This isn't funny at all. What about the woman who died? She wasn't doing anything stupid! <_<

I wholeheartidly agree with you!!! :cry: This isn't funny at all. What about the woman who died? She wasn't doing anything stupid! <_<

2 guys, 1 women all playing catch. She was doing something stupid.

Only people I'm not laughing at is the bystanders that got hit by those 3 morons. <_<

Edited by __Kratos__

If you find it funny then that is fair enough, but I just don't see the joke in the stupidity of three young people leading them to their deaths.

I don't find your the form of stupidity in your avatar funny, Do you?

Its like feeling sorry for someone that was told that he couldn't fly with his arms, But he walked to a cliff and tried to fly, sending him to his death. sh** happens.

;)

Edited by smallpackage

It is a dumb thing to do you can't run about playing catch with a grenade of all items and expect to keep all limbs intact can you?! What would possess someone to be playing with one cos I'm sure they were probably aware of what it was!!!

and i thought a mate of mine was stupid for playing catch with a cactus :no: it was definately stupid, but they didn't deserve to die :hmm:

Funny.. it is hilarious, stupid dim wits they deserve it.. play with fire and you get burned. Morons.

Funny.. it is hilarious

it's only funny till someone gets hurt..... then it's hilarious ;)

Makes me laugh no end. Some people really have no common sense.

Hey man look a grenade! wow no way here I have a great idea lets go play catch with it!!

Seriously though..who would?!

I wonder if their parents had any children with intelligence??? :blink::blink:

I've played catch with a lot of things, but at least I've got enough brain cells to know not to play with greenades.

Maybe one of our great warning labels needs to be put on each grenade? :hmm:

WARNING: Not to be used for catch or any other sports activities.

40nrockinon :devil:

Funny.. it is hilarious, stupid dim wits they deserve it.. play with fire and you get burned.

I agree,u play with grenades,u get a limb blown off and die!

What are 19 year olds doing playing catch anyway? At least they didnt smash any windows and blow up some poor buggers house and family in the process.Idiots.