Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

There is no god!

WongFeiHung

I know what you will probably say, but I want you to explain why stealing is bad, why is murder bad.

Alright. And the best way for me to explain is this: Why do you think it is bad.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• hyperactive

• zandore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright. And the best way for me to explain is this: Why do you think it is bad.

Is this serious???? Namaste Sheri

Is this serious????

What do you mean "Is this serious????" Why wouldnt it be?

What do you mean "Is this serious????" Why wouldnt it be?

Why the need to remind each other that you shouldn't kill or lie??? I didn't read every post so i may be coming in at a odd point but Not killing is natural not lieing is natural if its not I venture to guess its taught. Namaste Sheri

Why the need to remind each other that you shouldn't kill or lie??? I didn't read every post so i may be coming in at a odd point but Not killing is natural not lieing is natural if its not I venture to guess its taught. Namaste Sheri

I think you're kind of confused with whats going on. He is asking me, someone who doesnt believe in god, what makes murder bad.

I think you're kind of confused with whats going on. He is asking me, someone who doesnt believe in god, what makes murder bad.

Okay well i apologize kind sir for speaking out of turn, oh and what was your response??? Namaste Sheri

Okay well i apologize kind sir for speaking out of turn, oh and what was your response??? Namaste Sheri

My response was the question you quoted.

Even though gods were made up, what about Jesus? He did a bunch of good things and everything, and he even taught about God, and he rose from the dead. That's why people started believing in God, they didn't make it up. Christianity wasn't made up, it was based on historical things.

oprah does good things.. should we start a religion about her? rose from the dead? HA! prove it. how do u know they didnt make it up? BUT.. yes it was BASED on historical things. ever seen a movie BASED on a true story? its not really accurate.. thats coz its BASED on a true story with little extra lies thrown in to make it spiffy and not so boring. so the me christianity was BASED on jesus.. but all the rest is bull***t to make it look appealing. if there is a god then let him stop me finishing this post!

another thing.. if i walked passed u every day and u said hello and i ignored u.. would u keep saying hello? somedays u drop ur books... i still ignore u.. other days u trip over.. i still ignore u.. i can see ur about to b hit by a bus but i still ignore u.. how long will it take for u to stop saying hello? coz theres no way im gonna reply.. isnt that kinda what its like talking to god? lol.. he never replies.. why? coz he isnt there! :o

*waits for earbashing*

oprah does good things.. should we start a religion about her? rose from the dead? HA! prove it. how do u know they didnt make it up? BUT.. yes it was BASED on historical things. ever seen a movie BASED on a true story? its not really accurate.. thats coz its BASED on a true story with little extra lies thrown in to make it spiffy and not so boring. so the me christianity was BASED on jesus.. but all the rest is bull***t to make it look appealing. if there is a god then let him stop me finishing this post!

another thing.. if i walked passed u every day and u said hello and i ignored u.. would u keep saying hello? somedays u drop ur books... i still ignore u.. other days u trip over.. i still ignore u.. i can see ur about to b hit by a bus but i still ignore u.. how long will it take for u to stop saying hello? coz theres no way im gonna reply.. isnt that kinda what its like talking to god? lol.. he never replies.. why? coz he isnt there! :o

*waits for earbashing*

:sk:wub::tu: good post Namaste Sheri

And you religious people claim to have higher morals than atheists rolleyes.gif

I'm sure alot of you claim to have higher morals than you actualy do. Let's all be honast, if there wasn't a God, it would be a tad bit easier to kill someone. If I had a good reason to kill someone(Let's say someone who killed my family), I wouldn't do it because I respect God. Now, on the other hand, I don't find it wrong to murder an evil person such as someone who killed your entire family.

IMO that doesn't make you have less morals than anyone else.

And besides, morals are only opinions.

Edited by Richdog

I'm sure alot of you claim to have higher morals than you actualy do. Let's all be honast, if there wasn't a God, it would be a tad bit easier to kill someone

Only to those that take their morals from a religion (Christians, Jews, Moslems mainly), for those of us who take our morals from society, the lack of a god would not impact our morals at all. What morals we had prior to learning there was no god would continue to guide us. Only the religionists would feel such a loss that they would go on a rampage (and then be punished by those of us who followed society's morals). ;)

*sigh*

I didn't take my morals from God. I follow his laws. Like I said, I have morals, but if I had to follow those and not God's laws I'd be more sinful. Even if God did not exist, my morals would be the same.

Actualy there are alot of murderers who don't beleive in God. And the ones that do, just don't care to follow him. They have nice morals, eh?

This whole morals thing is kinda wack. It's basically people trying to say "My morals are more peacful than yours, you're a bad person!" kinda thing.

And what's wrong with some people basing their morals on the bible? It teaches good morals. Alot of people's parents teach them morals, why's that different from the bible teaching others morals? Or friends teaching friends.

Edited by ZeroShadow

zero don't you find it bizarre that you need to be part of a system that mandates morals???? Religoin doesn't even understand morals Zero what are morals ( Bigotry, is a moral hatred is a moral discrimination is a moral cruelty is a moral,) this book in a nutshell is what to do if you don't get your way, Namaste sheri

Edited by Sheri berri

I'm sure alot of you claim to have higher morals than you actualy do.

You're right. But what I replied to was an attack on the implication that those who do not follow god are people who commit crimes such as rape, stealing murder, etc.

Let's all be honast, if there wasn't a God, it would be a tad bit easier to kill someone.

Really? Why do you say that? Plus, there are and were plenty of those who killed FOR god. So... plenty vs a tad... hmm, which is the better choice...?

If I had a good reason to kill someone(Let's say someone who killed my family), I wouldn't do it because I respect God. Now, on the other hand, I don't find it wrong to murder an evil person such as someone who killed your entire family.

And now what about respecting the law? What about killing in the name of god?

IMO that doesn't make you have less morals than anyone else.

But saying that the only reason you dont do something like murder or rape is because your god doesnt want you do to so does make you have less morals, because in this case, you dont have morals, you are following direction.

Ok, before any of you religious people come in here and start saying how I'm going to go to hell, and turned into salt or whatever, read this WHOLE thing.

(Some of the things I say here may have been posted in replies to other topics)

I believe that God is completely made up. Throughout many thousands of years and civilizations all over the globe, societies have had a God or gods. This is because they have no better explanation for misunderstood things. "There was an earthquake!!! God is angry!" "Our crops grew tall this year!!! God is pleased!" "This lady woke up from a coma!!! It's a miracle, God saved her!" And so with the common belief that god controls everything we have accepted his rule and everything he does is right. "My grandma dies!!! God did that for a reason!" and so on.

The reason that civilization made God or gods was to keep everyone in line. So many more people would resist stealing and murdering if they thought they would go to hell if they did so. Everyone would be a better person if they thought they would go to heaven for it. God was created to help people stick together and prosper. And I don't think it was a bad thing! Society might not have advanced past what middle eastern poor people have now if they didn't make it, so it was a great idea to conjure that illusion up!

And isn't it convenient that there is no way of proving any of this stuff. Is there a heaven, only the dead know. Is there a god, same answer. How do I know there is a God? You just have to believe....... That last remark is what really bugs me about religion. You just have to believe. What are we believing in? are we believing the priest that there is a God? How does HE know?? He believed a different priest and here is how the telephone game starts. You start out saying "oh Ted has a funny face", and it ends up as "Green books taste like toe jam!" There is no credibility. Religion is worse! It has gone on for thousands of years!

The ancient greeks would have sworn on their lives that there were really manticores, cyclopses and chimeras, but no we know they don't exist. And the same thing happens with christians and angels. maybe they don't see them as frequently, but they believe. If there really is a god, then the bibles MUST be false. This is a quote I got off of comedy central (tv) and i think it is true while funny. I'm not sure it is really a quote though because I don't remember it word for word. "The bible says God doesn't want me to do my sister, but it also says that adam and eve created all humanity and if they had kids, there would be no one else for them to do! Someone had to bang their sister."

I might have forgotten some stuff, but I am tired and it's like midnight here so if you Christians want to attack me now, go ahead, I'm sure there is plenty of stuff in there for you to find holes in, but once you point them out to me, I WILL fill them in.

i believe you. but im not sure what to believe anymore. im stuck. i dont want to believe in god because he might be fake. but i dont not want to believe in god because he might not be fake. oh why does this have to be. i wish this would all come to an end. so that i dont have to be stuck,confussed,frustrated,overwelmed, and wondering what if this is true or what if this is not true.

quote from a confussed mac.

:unsure2::unsure::cry::wacko::(:no:

But saying that the only reason you dont do something like murder or rape is because your god doesnt want you do to so does make you have less morals, because in this case, you dont have morals, you are following direction.

:clap::clap::clap: Thats something I cant understand about them. Morals come from with in and not someone telling you to not do this or your going to burn in hell when you die. I dont kill/hurm/hurt/miss with/put down/ degrade/ talk about or abuse others because 1. I dont like/ enjoy/ find humor in/ bring myself up by or want to do these things to others and 2. I wouldnt want them to do that to me. Somethings not right if you need a book to tell you not to do those things to others :hmm:

god also says everyone has to send me $500 tomorrow.. or u wil burn in hell forever :blink:

lol.. its kinda like SIMON says in a way :w00t:

:clap::clap::clap: Thats something I cant understand about them. Morals come from with in and not someone telling you to not do this or your going to burn in hell when you die. I dont kill/hurm/hurt/miss with/put down/ degrade/ talk about or abuse others because 1. I dont like/ enjoy/ find humor in/ bring myself up by or want to do these things to others and 2. I wouldnt want them to do that to me. Somethings not right if you need a book to tell you not to do those things to others :hmm:

So when you were born, you knew it was wrong to steal. Or were you taught by your parents and pressured to conform to societies standards and morals. Are you sure you came up with your morals all by yourself.

And who is responsible for the rules society has currently.

I'm really playing devils advocate here folks. I'm not really a crazy person, who wants to go out and kill.

I'm saying that God keeps me in check. It's always in the back of my mind. It would make it a lot easier to not believe in God, because there would be nothing to worry about.

What do non belivers worship instead of God? Nothing, money, pleasure...?

For all of his mathematical brilliance, Einstein was forced to use a slack variable in his equations that he called a "fudge factor". So as 2006 approaches (Bible code about nuclear war) and 2012 (end of civilization) approaches, pray real hard to "Dear Heavenly Fudge Factor" for survival guidance and maybe even salvation as people did at the end of the third sun. Yes virgil and virginia, there really is a God.

pray real hard to "Dear Heavenly Fudge Factor"

naw, I'll just keep living my life as normal, I have seen "end-of-the-world" fads come and go and the Biblical Codes is just another one and just a accurate as the predecesors and just as accurate as those to follow - in other words, just more male bovine manure! :yes:

Edited by mako

zero don't you find it bizarre that you need to be part of a system that mandates morals???? Religoin doesn't even understand morals Zero what are morals ( Bigotry, is a moral hatred is a moral discrimination is a moral cruelty is a moral,) this book in a nutshell is what to do if you don't get your way, Namaste sheri

Sigh, either you didn't read my post or you're purposeley nagging me. Didn't you read when I said the bible doesn't give me my morals? It gives me laws to follow. Do America's laws give you your morals? ^^

Edited by ZeroShadow

No it does not mean they have less morals. It means that not murdering(given the right cirumstances) isn't one of them. They may have many others.

And let's say someone does have less Morals? So what? Doesn't mean it'll be only christians without it. Why do you follow America's laws? Same reason we follow God's. Has nothing to do with morals really.

Edited by ZeroShadow

What do non belivers worship instead of God? Nothing, money, pleasure...?

Who says anyone has to "worship" anything?