Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

There is no god!

WongFeiHung

I was told different. That the union between men and women is holy.

Per Christian belief (Majority) sex outside of said union is a sin.

You break one commandment you break them all.

There is no other passage in the Old Testament or New Testament that adequately convinces us that m********ion is a sexual sin in itself.
:blink:

zero mast..... :lol:

I don't think that is what he meant!

Here is what you missed:

"Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and the sexually immoral" (Hebrews 13:4, NIV).

"Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge" (Hebrews 13:4, KJV).

Some more for you:

What Does The Bible Say About m********ion?

"What does the Bible say about m********ion?" is one of our most frequently asked questions. Many Christians have found it difficult to answer this question according to the Bible, because the Bible never mentions m********ion specifically. To understand how God feels about this subject, we must examine other verses that deal with issues such as lust, self-control and purity. Also, we must examine its fruit to see if it is from God. We have tried to address this issue by answering some of the most frequently asked questions. Our prayer is that God will use this page to bring freedom and deliverance

Source

:lol: I am still laughing on that one....poor zero!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• hyperactive

• zandore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey I am just helping a bro out. You gotta do what you gotta do if you ain't married and a Christian. :lol:

Hey I am just helping a bro out.
wait till he sees what and how you helped him.....He's just a 17 year old kid! :lol::lol::lol:

OH man the poor guy!

Ewww I didn't realize he was so young. :blush: He will die. and get totally p***ed at me. Oh well. :rofl:

Ok! I'm new here but whatever... thought I'd reply to Insight anyway, even though his post is like ages old.

First of all, Rene Descartes said "I think therefore I am", not Shakespeare.

Now, as for your question about why atheists abide by a code of moral conduct - just because I am an atheist does not mean I have no ethics. I have my own idea of what is right and wrong, not because I'm worried about getting into heaven or anything, but because I've established by my own set of rules. And, yes, they are probably similar to yours, but I follow them because I want to. Nothing is forcing me to. No one every said that "the only thing in life is myself and my own pleasure". I don't think that. I am considerate of other people. I just don't believe in God. The two things are not incompatible.

Please don't quote scriptures, because I don't count them as I reliable source of evidence. If you're trying to prove the existence of God to me, then it makes no sense that you should quote something I don't believe in.

You don't need to be religious to be a 'good' person.

At this point I must interject to say that I resent what WongFeiHung said about "middle eastern poor people". I am Arab (well, half Arab - my dad is Moroccan), and poor people in the Middle East are not necessarily in that situation because they didn't make up religion. They do have a religion, it's just not Christianity. I doubt religion has much to do with your financial well-being.

Anyway, back to my reply to Insight's post.

Saying that the texts have not changed at all is RIDICULOUS AND UNINFORMED!! Religious scripts have been modified a great deal, not necessarily on purpose, but the Bible as it is now has undergone huge modifications. Not that it makes any difference; in my opinion, it's still all BS but whatever... WongFeiHung is right, look it up some time and you'll see for yourself.

Ok now you're saying that minotaurs and dragons existed? This doesn't give a very good impression of you as a reliable person with whom to debate religion.

Look I'm not going to get in that whole angel thing, because I'm sure I wouldn't be able to change your mind - but I don't believe it.

Ok so God never says anything about doing your sister. So incest is okay, but homosexuality isn't? Or was God too busy condemning gays that he forgot about the incest thing?

Good grief...

So as far as I'm concerned we're just cells, molecules and atoms. Once the electricity, the chemistry, stops working in your brain, that's it; no more. You're history. You can talk about fairness, but that's just something you made up. It's an idea. The universe isn't fair or unfair; it works by mathematics, physics, chemistry, biochemistry... Things happen; it takes a mind to come along and call them fair or not. You people are too frightened to admit how big everything else is, what the scales of the universe are, compared to ours; distance and time. You can't accept that individually, we're microscopic; here for an eye-blink. You can't believe you're not the centre of things, so you come up with all these pathetic stories about God and life after death and life before birth, but that's cowardice. Sheer cowardice. And because it's the product of cowardice, it promotes it; "The Lord is my shepherd". Thanks a ****ing lot. So we've to live like sheep. Cowardice and cruelty. But everything's okay, because we're doing the Lord's work. **** the silicosis, get down that mine and work, n*****! Aw shucks; sure we skinned her alive and threw her in the salt pans, but we were only doing it to save her soul. Lordy lordy, gimme that old time religion and original sin. Another baby for perdition... sh**; original sin? What sick ****wit thought that one up? My best friend died two years ago and I didn't try to dignify it with what's supposed to be metaphysical angst; it's also known as superstitious sh**. He's dead, and all there is is what he left behind. Art, in Jamie's case. That's more than most get. And there's also how people remember him. Isn't that enough? Do I have to make myself feel better by insisting that "his soul is living on"? No, I don't. And you can call me defeatist or small-minded, but you're the small-minded ones. Just accept, for once, that you're insignificant. Once you do that, you can let it go if you want to. All your bull**** religious beliefs will disintegrate, and, trust me, you'll feel so much better for being a rational human being. It's a kind of catharsis. Remember when you found out that Santa didn't really exist? There's the initial disappointment but you learn to accept it. And YOU CAN STILL BE A GOOD PERSON AND DO GOOD THINGS. :w00t: Being an atheist does not make you immoral. It just makes you rational.

Edited by nadia88

Well the obvious truth is that having had both experinces i'm a much better person with out religon than with it and the people who I am inspired by are rarely religious, not to say there aren't good religious people but sooner or later the dogma gets in the way. You are kidding yourself if you think you are gonna become a valuble contribution to humanity by being religious, you'll contribute but not to the solution. Namaste sheri

Welcome Nadia88 to the UM Forum!

just because I am an atheist does not mean I have no ethics.
You will find several very fine upstanding Atheist's here.

Welcome to the funny pages nadia88. I am a fellow nonbeliever but not atheist. Was that a purge you wrote or what? I hope you got it all out on that one because the mods will be all over you with that language even with the ***'s. The religious community around here think they have the moral code in their little story books and that's where it began. Little do they realize that the CODE OF ETHICS were practiced long before their fable came along. We pretty much know right from wrong. We're supposed to learn it when we're young.

I hope you like it around here. We're all good.

Hey zandore I like your new avatar, he's cute but he won't stand still long enough to pet. :rofl:

Ok, before any of you religious people come in here and start saying how I'm going to go to hell, and turned into salt or whatever, read this WHOLE thing.

(Some of the things I say here may have been posted in replies to other topics)

I believe that God is completely made up. Throughout many thousands of years and civilizations all over the globe, societies have had a God or gods. This is because they have no better explanation for misunderstood things. "There was an earthquake!!! God is angry!" "Our crops grew tall this year!!! God is pleased!" "This lady woke up from a coma!!! It's a miracle, God saved her!" And so with the common belief that god controls everything we have accepted his rule and everything he does is right. "My grandma dies!!! God did that for a reason!" and so on.

The reason that civilization made God or gods was to keep everyone in line. So many more people would resist stealing and murdering if they thought they would go to hell if they did so. Everyone would be a better person if they thought they would go to heaven for it. God was created to help people stick together and prosper. And I don't think it was a bad thing! Society might not have advanced past what middle eastern poor people have now if they didn't make it, so it was a great idea to conjure that illusion up!

And isn't it convenient that there is no way of proving any of this stuff. Is there a heaven, only the dead know. Is there a god, same answer. How do I know there is a God? You just have to believe....... That last remark is what really bugs me about religion. You just have to believe. What are we believing in? are we believing the priest that there is a God? How does HE know?? He believed a different priest and here is how the telephone game starts. You start out saying "oh Ted has a funny face", and it ends up as "Green books taste like toe jam!" There is no credibility. Religion is worse! It has gone on for thousands of years!

The ancient greeks would have sworn on their lives that there were really manticores, cyclopses and chimeras, but no we know they don't exist. And the same thing happens with christians and angels. maybe they don't see them as frequently, but they believe. If there really is a god, then the bibles MUST be false. This is a quote I got off of comedy central (tv) and i think it is true while funny. I'm not sure it is really a quote though because I don't remember it word for word. "The bible says God doesn't want me to do my sister, but it also says that adam and eve created all humanity and if they had kids, there would be no one else for them to do! Someone had to bang their sister."

I might have forgotten some stuff, but I am tired and it's like midnight here so if you Christians want to attack me now, go ahead, I'm sure there is plenty of stuff in there for you to find holes in, but once you point them out to me, I WILL fill them in.

first off , i would tell you to goto hell that is "if" there was a hell. im guessing your pretty young maybe 14-21 ? when i was younger i used to think this way aswell. i sought evolution as an alternative answer to a supreme being.

now as for the quote you posted :

"The bible says God doesn't want me to do my sister, but it also says that adam and eve created all humanity and if they had kids, there would be no one else for them to do! Someone had to bang their sister."

now listen up jarhead, the bible was written by man. the fact of the matter is that the bible has been rewritten so many times over the last 2000 years that we really dont know fact from fiction. how ever i can tell you right now that this little story of adam and eve is purely fiction. you dont get blacks , chineese , hispanics etc. from 2 white people. this story is mainly an example of how god gave humans the power of free will. the power to take the fruit from the sacred tree.

Emperor Constantine, gathered many of the Christian groups together during the year 381 A. D. to organize the written books that had been written about Jesus the Christ during the previous three hundred and fifty years and had the ones that he wanted to include put into a bible that he called the “new testament”. He then declared himself the first “Pope” and his new bible became the one and only official bible of his new combined “Roman Catholic” Christian church. so like i said befor , we really do not know what is fact from fiction.

as for The ancient greeks swearing their lives that there were really manticores, cyclopses and chimeras. hell , our history on this earth is so clouded that there probably where these creatures around. scientist like to think they know everything and most of the time they are proven wrong at later dates in history. just look at the hollow earth theory or even global warming for that matter. global warming cannot be proven yet it is teached to this generation as fact. just watch , in 250 years there will be talk of a mystical creature that once walked the earth with 4 legs , had big ears and a long trunk.

i guess your entitled to your own oppinion which i think is a shame. even though you do not beleave or have any faith , god is not wraithful nor vengeful and would never cast away one of his creations to a hell we humans have created in our minds. i guess i would have to conclude my comment saying that your one lucky bast**d.

Welcome Nadia88 to the UM Forum!

im upstanding :D

and i have morals. but i didnt need a book to give them to me.. or at least give me ideas on how to b :sleepy:

And you will find alot of very fine upstanding christians also =D. Why don't we all just get along and all agree to stop being so mean to eachother. Let's put beleifs aside for a second and say...

I LOVE YOU ALL! EVEN YOU SHERRI! =D

And you will find alot of very fine upstanding christians also =D. Why don't we all just get along and all agree to stop being so mean to eachother. Let's put beleifs aside for a second and say...

im stil kinda new here.. but this is spirituality VS skepticism.. lol.. we r SUPPOSED to debate.. to get along we would need to go to another forum! LOL!.. i doubt any1 has anything against u personally.. ppl just dont beleive the same thing. for all i know ur cool.. but i think ur beleifs arent. .lol. :P

We seem to have come full; circle recently. we've gone from some people claiming the Christian God is the only way, which is offensive to others to, God doesn't exsist, you shouldn't waiste your time, why be so pathetic as to believe in something that isn't true.

Which quite frankly is equally offensive. Let's try and remember that we cater to all religous groups here not just, Pagans or Jews or Athiests or Snake worshippers or what ever belief you may have, the rules state that you still have to respect the beliefs of others.

And Nadia welcome to U.M. but please do try not to swear in your posts.

lol.. swearing? this is totally off topic but (as u said) downing each others religion is offensive! and ur worried about a few bad words? i think swearing is part of speech whether u like it or not. and fyi, i RARELY EVER swear.. i just dont find it offensive.. isnt that part of freedom of speech? to b able to say what u want when u want how u want? :P

edit: and when it comes to religion i dont think any1 is trying to offend.. just trying to discuss or debate

Edited by skeksis

The entire point of faith in God is faith. beliveing in something you can't prove.

Edited by Monster Hunter X

Zero this is not personal towards you this is a debate forum , I disagree with religon, I don't know you as a person zero this I have said before its tough in this area you can't be sensitive , I'm addressing the beleifs not you presonally, Okay??? Zero its okayif you choose not to like me I'll be fine with that and so should you. not everyone likes everyone namaste Sheri

I am a fellow nonbeliever but not atheist.

You never told me that before! That is the same way I describe myself :tu:

Hey zandore I like your new avatar, he's cute but he won't stand still long enough to pet. :rofl:

:D

**** ****ety **** **** ****. in case people dont realise... most 'swear words' have been oficially classed 'not naughty' eg. sh**, b**** and b******. but you KNOW this post will still have stars in it...

Welcome kritic to the UM Forum.

May you stay sane! :P

It might not have been the best time to post like that so soon after a MOD made a warning about the same thing.

lol.. swearing? this is totally off topic but (as u said) downing each others religion is offensive! and ur worried about a few bad words? i think swearing is part of speech whether u like it or not. and fyi, i RARELY EVER swear.. i just dont find it offensive.. isnt that part of freedom of speech? to b able to say what u want when u want how u want? :P

edit: and when it comes to religion i dont think any1 is trying to offend.. just trying to discuss or debate

Lol, you're obviously not the observant sort are you? I mean you missed the rules you were supposed to read when you joined up, as well as the fact it's my job to re-inforce those rules. So if I say please don't swear, then you should possibly just breath a sigh of relief and be thankful I used my manners. That goes for if I say please control yourself or please be a little nicer to each other as well.

Also if any-one has neglected to read the rules before joining the forum rules are available at the top right hand corner of every page and Spirituality forums have there own guidlinesit pays to make your self familiar with these things.

I love you zandore ^^

Thank you Zero but do you think it is appropriate with the Bible being against homosexuality?

BTW: I am a male and normal (the way you put it) so no thank you :P j/k

I agree with the bible teaching that homosexuality is wrong, yeah. But God doesn't hate homosexuals. He loves everyone equaly, but everyone must pay for there sins so saying God punishes gay people as a way to proove he doesn't like gay people doesn't hold.

And wawa? Not that type of love silly! I just felt like being nice to people and telling them I love them! =P

Edited by ZeroShadow

I love Zandore too. He is my friend. :yes::wub:

Hi Monster, I believe you are right. But we always try to prove stuff. Even :alien: 's

I agree with the bible teaching that homosexuality is wrong, yeah. But God doesn't hate homosexuals. He loves everyone equaly, but everyone must pay for there sins so saying God punishes gay people as a way to proove he doesn't like gay people doesn't hold.

For you because of your religion homosexuality is wrong. One theory is it might be genetic (the jury is still out on that one) another is that a person's (gay persons) brain is "wired" different. In either of those cases your "God" would be the one to blame.

I my self do not care what a person's sexual orientation is just as long as they are a good person inside.

And wawa? Not that type of love silly! I just felt like being nice to people and telling them I love them! =P
Keep talking like that and people will start to wonder about you and your orientation!