Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

There is no god!

WongFeiHung

Well one things for sure. When our time comes to die. The real truth will be known if God is real or not. Believer or not.

well you cant disagree with that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• hyperactive

• zandore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*Drinks the tomato juice* *Gags*
:geek: Should have tried a V-8 *smirks*

Ok, before any of you religious people come in here and start saying how I'm going to go to hell, and turned into salt or whatever, read this WHOLE thing.

(Some of the things I say here may have been posted in replies to other topics)

I believe that God is completely made up.

Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Psalms 2:1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

Psalms 2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

Psalms 2:3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

Psalms 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

Psalms 2:5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Psalms 2:1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

Psalms 2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

Psalms 2:3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

Psalms 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

Psalms 2:5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

Okay, for one, I don't completely understand "Bible-Jargon", so can you translate it for me? And two, the bit I did understand (Psalms 14:1) is the biggest load of bulls**t I've ever read. That's nowhere near being true and is quite insulting to anyone it's referring to. <_<

You'll get used to the fact that some people use the bible to prove their point... reguardless the fact that alot of people don't take the bible as proof of anything

Who's David and Goliath? :ph34r:

Oh it's just some old bogus story they made up, probably to inspire political reform in that time period, but nonetheless I think it's in the front somewhere...pretty sure it's in the Old Testament. Don't quote me on that one though. :)

The reason some people use bible quotes is because they can't think for themselves. They have to rely on their storybook to answer any questions about god. Why don't they get it that we're just not interested in this book of fables and using it to prove anything is ridiculous. <_<

Whenever I doubt God, I always think back to the first martyr for Jesus; St. Stephen...Knowing how people are, I wonder why he gave his life up if there was not something that happened so profound in his life, that he would be willing to do this (I could use many more examples but you get the picture)...We are humans and I don't know about you, but most of us are not willing to 'go gently into that goodnight'...or go kicking and screaming for that matter...

Besides. There's just too much unexplained sh** that happens in this world to believe it's all amino acids coming together 4 billion years ago, and given enough time, those two (or more) amino acids built an all-wheel drive Porsche 935...Put into those terms, it gives even the most dihard athiest pause...

Personally, I don't think God is anything like the Brahma, Allah nor the Judeo-Christian God I worship (but my Christianity give me a good template for life). We probably won't ever know. However, if your swear up and down that there is no God...you'd better pray you're right...if you're right; no loss for there was nothing to gain. If you are wrong... :devil:

Edited by MrVelvet

You could probably get a person who beleives in the big bang to beleive that the car you drive accidentaly came together when 4 other cars crashed into eachother. =P

However, if your swear up and down that there is no God...you'd better pray you're right...if you're right; no loss for there was nothing to gain. If you are wrong... :devil:

Whatever! I don't believe that for a second. But I'm if I'm wrong and I go to Hell then I hope they have a gift shop ... I'll send you a postcard.

You could probably get a person who beleives in the big bang to beleive that the car you drive accidentaly came together when 4 other cars crashed into eachother. =P

What?! Are you telling me that's not true?

Damn!!!

Actually my friend Hyper. :wub: He showed me books about the theorys of how the world became. And it was fasinating.

Let us say what if the Big Bang were true. God could have made it happen via Big Bang.

Man I wish I could get a car like that. Everytime I wreck I gotta buy a new one. ( which has happened twice) Bless me. :cry:

Actually my friend Hyper. :wub: He showed me books about the theorys of how the world became. And it was fasinating.

Let us say what if the Big Bang were true. God could have made it happen via Big Bang.

Man I wish I could get a car like that. Everytime I wreck I gotta buy a new one. ( which has happened twice) Bless me. :cry:

I'd want a Skyline that crashed into a Dude-buggy ... Quirky!

However, if your swear up and down that there is no God...you'd better pray you're right...if you're right; no loss for there was nothing to gain. If you are wrong... :devil:

Save me a seat!

However, if your swear up and down that there is no God...you'd better pray you're right...if you're right; no loss for there was nothing to gain. If you are wrong...

Being a Deist, I believe there is a Creator, I just have no reason at all to believe he is the blood-thirst god of Abraham's three bloody children! Yes, I have a lot to gain if I don't believe in your god....let's start with the 10% of my salary that I will retain instead of wasting it on some superstition, then there is the extra sleep that I will get on Sunday mornings and the TV shows that I won't miss on Wednesday evenings (or whatever day you have your "Prayer Meetings", nor the wasted time at "Church business meetings and most of all I will not have to suffer through the "Pot Luck Fellowship Meals" with it's endless casseroles, that I see my Christian friends dreading! One the other hand, I have all of the above to lose if I believe in your god! :yes:

I hope God's a woman, a hot one...
You are in luck Hech! :yes:

God is a man made concept....He or She can look like anything you want :tu:

Belief really isn't an issue with real mystical experience; anyone who tells you it is--they're the ones who are faking, you can bet on it. Nobody has to believe. You don't have to believe in a sun in the sky, or that people tend to have five fingers on each hand. I don't have to believe that I regularly receive the thoughts of other people without them saying anything or that I sometimes know what's going to happen before it does or that the world around me is consious; that the world has things to tell me and does so.

One of the peculiar consequences of consciousness is free will. Free will is interesting. You can absolutely know what will p*** your girlfriend off, as if she were wired with an anger button. You can push the button again and again and again with the same result. But then, one day, you do "the thing" and she just smiles. She's changed; same person, same history, same baggage, but a different result. Not random, not predetermined, but willful. She made a choice that changed the way she sees you.

Consciousness does that. The world around us is conscious and can change its mind too. Consciousness is real, but it does not produce good lab results. :innocent:

i suspect this thread will get locked (or merged with the lengthy 'god is fake' thread).

but if it doesn't, and so many want a god, fine....

I am your god! :rofl::rolleyes: