Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

There is no god!

WongFeiHung

Here's a point; and one not often explored here...It doesn't really matter if God exists or not. Not one jot or iota..

The belief in God's existence sparks numerous debates, problems and threads on this forum, but the simple fact is just this..

It's the belief in God that sparks the faith in people, and the disbelief that sparks the controversy..

The point is; throughout the history of this planet God has either existed or has not.

Those who believe draw strength from that, and those who don't find their mettle in proving otherwise, but at the end of the day; who cares?

Everyone is free to believe as they will,and no amount of evidence or arguing will change that in an individual until the time is right for them..

So why bother with the arguments?

Instead why not use the time you spend arguing here to let someone you care about know you love them?

If you're the religious type you've just upheld the tenets you're supposed to and you're a credit to your faith; and if you disbelieve in God totally you will have proved that Atheists aren't heartless and can make the world a better place..

That would pack in more pure meaning than any seventeen inch post full of quotes than you could ever possibly post on here..

Now I fully expect this post will be ignored and not commented on, as it bespeaks good sense; and preaches love and tolerance for everyone. I was prepared for that when I wrote it...

But if even a small sentence of it drills into your skull then my battle is won.. :D

Edited by Falco Rex

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• hyperactive

• zandore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a point; and one not often explored here...It doesn't really matter if God exists or not. Not one jot or iota..

The belief in God's existence sparks numerous debates, problems and threads on this forum, but the simple fact is just this..

It's the belief in God that sparks the faith in people, and the disbelief that sparks the controversy..

The point is; throughout the history of this planet God has either existed or has not.

Those who believe draw strength from that, and those who don't find their mettle in proving otherwise, but at the end of the day; who cares?

Everyone is free to believe as they will,and no amount of evidence or arguing will change that in an individual until the time is right for them..

So why bother with the arguments?

Instead why not use the time you spend arguing here to let someone you care about know you love them?

If you're the religious type you've just upheld the tenets you're supposed to and you're a credit to your faith; and if you disbelieve in God totally you will have proved that Atheists aren't heartless and can make the world a better place..

That would pack in more pure meaning than any seventeen inch post full of quotes than you could ever possibly post on here..

Now I fully expect this post will be ignored and not commented on, as it bespeaks good sense; and preaches love and tolerance for everyone. I was prepared for that when I wrote it...

But if even a small sentence of it drills into your skull then my battle is won.. :D

I feel the same way in a sense. =) Nice post. :tu::tu:

Thank you, Zero..It makes the time I spent writing it worth it..Too many people are offended by the very possibility God might exist that it makes them angry; and also too many are so bull-headed that they can't even entertain the possibility that he doesn't; that we forget that we're all humans trying to make it on the same planet, and that we should care for each other regardless..

Those who believe draw strength from that, and those who don't find their mettle in proving otherwise...

Nail on head. :tu: It requires a certain amount of mental ambiguity to just blow by that statement and not grasp its significance.

However, I suspect most will not.

Thanks joc..And although few will understand this but you and I, let me just say that you were right all along; I just didn't see it until now..

well basically untill someone can post here YES THIS IS ULTIMATE PROOF OF GOD, such as a studio interview with the big guy, which im sure he'd be more than happy to do, cuase if he made this entire cluster **** of a place he's clearly smoked far too much pot for his own good.

OR someone can post THIS IS IT PROOF THAT CHEEKY LOOSE CANNON OF A DRUG MONKEY DOESNT EXIST!!!!.

but nobody can, so really whats the point, oh yeah i think its a given by now that beleife doesnt count. I eman i beleife in a lot of thigns for instance, that purple squirrel that kept stealing my coffee, BUT doesnt mean that he's real though eh????? DOES IT?!?!?!?

Edited by PLO

Here's another point..If God does exist, he doesn't owe an explanation or an answer to anybody..Read the Bible? Job suffered for a bet, and recieved no answer satisfactory to him. Why?

Because when you create the universe you're not obligated to answer to a few people. You've done your job, and done it well. You don't have to go into detail about it and what it all means..

And if there is no God, there's nobody to answer for your beliefs and faith. you have to decide for yourself whether you're on the right path. Some of us are bound to get get it wrong; but that's just being human..

Being human is a beautiful thing though, and it makes me proud to be a member of our species because we have the acumen to question ourselves rather than just going for strict survival..

So do you answer to what you've been taught about God? Or do you place the responsibility for your existence on your own shoulders? Do you do both?

Good for you..

But in the end; remember that no matter what we believe we're all striving for the same thing..

quantum theory applies to small particles whereas the rules of gravity applies to large bodies i.e planets. What applies to humans??? In the perspective of a higher being we abide by both these laws. We are subject to the laws of gravity because in respect to small particles we are large bodies so we abide by gravity, and in respect to large bodies we are small particles and therefore abide by the laws of quantum physics. So for every action we take there is a different action that can be performed. So their are an infinite number of parallel universes that convey our different actions. In every action there can be an option of death. In different paralell universes we die and when we die we then live in a parallel universe where we are still alive or avoided an action which caused death. A connection with god is put foward due to a dilemma in this theory which arises as humans cannot live forever. As we age our body naturally decays until death is unavoidable and there is only 2 parallel univere that we can live in. One parallel universe is an universe were we die and another universe where death is unavoidable. I would like to continue but my mum is calling me for dinner.

The answer is only avaliable within the brotherhood

I agree with you to a degree, as it is an obvious statement, though it - to me - seems odd in this thread. The thread seems to be addressing whether or not God is fake and your post just seems to dodge it with "It doesn't matter. What matters is how it strengthens your beliefs." I'm curious... does the reality of anything not really matter then to you, just so far as it can be used to further one's convictions? Then you are basically saying that people shouldn't worry about trying to establish their beliefs on any rational thought because it is impossible. Your post almost seems to say "Tsk, tsk" for questioning the existence of God, which to me seems like a rather logical and rational thing to do. That's what makes us human. To not question if we have a creator and search for his/her/existence in our world would seem to make us less than we really are. If we have the ability to question, why wouldn't we? Maybe we should just stop thinking and talking altogethor.

Are you implying quantum mechaincs is flawed because it does not incorporate "gravity under General Relativity"...? I'm sorry, I realize that science notices effects in the universe and creates models to explain those effects. The models are tested and called "true" even if they clash with another model that is called "true"... such as is the case with General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics. And you are right: I basically said that we still don't fully understand gravity. I hope this doesn't sound mean, but if you really do, perhaps I could see your thesis or paper. It would have to tie in with Quantum Mechanics because the reality is that the world functions by the pecularities in the quantum world. You realize General Theory of Relativity does not cover the Strong and Weak Forces, right? :huh: I hope this isn't coming off as being combatitive, because I'm not trying to be.

Good Lord, that's not what I was trying to say at all! I was trying to say that the model of gravity as being warping of the space-time continuum was the best, experimentally proven model of how gravity works that we have so far. I DID NOT say that General Relativity was 'flawed' because it doesn't cover Quantum Mechanics; I simply said that we don't have a theory of gravity yet that is united with Quantum Mechanics. In other words, we do not have a 'Grand Unified Theory' of the Four Forces in nature.

we do have a theory that unites quantum mechanics and relativity(giving us quantum gravity) but my post on it got skipped over.

Ok, before any of you religious people come in here and start saying how I'm going to go to hell, and turned into salt or whatever, read this WHOLE thing.

(Some of the things I say here may have been posted in replies to other topics)

I believe that God is completely made up. Throughout many thousands of years and civilizations all over the globe, societies have had a God or gods. This is because they have no better explanation for misunderstood things. "There was an earthquake!!! God is angry!" "Our crops grew tall this year!!! God is pleased!" "This lady woke up from a coma!!! It's a miracle, God saved her!" And so with the common belief that god controls everything we have accepted his rule and everything he does is right. "My grandma dies!!! God did that for a reason!" and so on.

The reason that civilization made God or gods was to keep everyone in line. So many more people would resist stealing and murdering if they thought they would go to hell if they did so. Everyone would be a better person if they thought they would go to heaven for it. God was created to help people stick together and prosper. And I don't think it was a bad thing! Society might not have advanced past what middle eastern poor people have now if they didn't make it, so it was a great idea to conjure that illusion up!

And isn't it convenient that there is no way of proving any of this stuff. Is there a heaven, only the dead know. Is there a god, same answer. How do I know there is a God? You just have to believe....... That last remark is what really bugs me about religion. You just have to believe. What are we believing in? are we believing the priest that there is a God? How does HE know?? He believed a different priest and here is how the telephone game starts. You start out saying "oh Ted has a funny face", and it ends up as "Green books taste like toe jam!" There is no credibility. Religion is worse! It has gone on for thousands of years!

The ancient greeks would have sworn on their lives that there were really manticores, cyclopses and chimeras, but no we know they don't exist. And the same thing happens with christians and angels. maybe they don't see them as frequently, but they believe. If there really is a god, then the bibles MUST be false. This is a quote I got off of comedy central (tv) and i think it is true while funny. I'm not sure it is really a quote though because I don't remember it word for word. "The bible says God doesn't want me to do my sister, but it also says that adam and eve created all humanity and if they had kids, there would be no one else for them to do! Someone had to bang their sister."

I might have forgotten some stuff, but I am tired and it's like midnight here so if you Christians want to attack me now, go ahead, I'm sure there is plenty of stuff in there for you to find holes in, but once you point them out to me, I WILL fill them in.

Ah, you are wrong about allot of things here.

You see, the proof is all around us, demons and angels are as real as the back of your hand, for you see, it's like this, so many times have mental illnesses been confused with demons throughout all of society since the word was defined. But if you really want to find out, you should ask other people that have been there and know about these things, they will tell you some interesting stories and most of them have played and tampered with evil and dark things such as ouija boards, but I can't prove it to you, like you want us to, all I can do is give you a reference, you can't prove that god exists, you can't prove he doesn't exist, it is as simple as that.

And that is string theory.

From what I know of String Theory, (and I'll be honest, I don't know a whole ton about it) it seems fairly abstract and not as practical as General Theory of Relativity and Quantum Mechanics. People are able to test General Theory (light from distant stars wrapping around during a solar eclipse, and the Doppler Effect) and use quantum mechanics (quantum computers and processes), but string theory does not seem to have the same applications at the moment, that I know of. It is interesting, though.

Sorry Hyper, I missed your post on quantum gravity somehow... I'll try to find it.

God is probably laughing over this entire thread, and if not, maybe he's learning something :D

Ah, you are wrong about allot of things here.

You see, the proof is all around us, demons and angels are as real as the back of your hand, for you see, it's like this, so many times have mental illnesses been confused with demons throughout all of society since the word was defined. But if you really want to find out, you should ask other people that have been there and know about these things, they will tell you some interesting stories and most of them have played and tampered with evil and dark things such as ouija boards, but I can't prove it to you, like you want us to, all I can do is give you a reference, you can't prove that god exists, you can't prove he doesn't exist, it is as simple as that.

:w00t: That's made my day. Think I'm going to go ask a demon to take over my body and see what happens... :rolleyes: You're all the one that was trying to summon a dark and evil spirit last night. *puts up pothead filter*

Edited by Nadal

:w00t: That's made my day. Think I'm going to go ask a demon to take over my body and see what happens... :rolleyes: You're all the one that was trying to summon a dark and evil spirit last night. *puts up pothead filter*

Can I set you on fire? :devil::lol:

The God I believe in is GREATER than the Universe. The next time you look up in the night sky, think about what you see. You are not just seeing stars, you are seeing galaxies, billions of them, each of which contains billions of stars! Whatever set all this in motion is God, and that is the same force that maintains the electrons spinning around the nuclei of every atom, and determines the content of that nucleus. Such a force or being could not possibly be contained or limited by petty human beliefs. Such a being is intelligence all our imaginings. This being is not stupid. If you want to call it Jesus, Buddha, YHVH, Allah, or Shiva, it understands. If you close your hand, and grasp a bit of air, it contains, for a moment, billions of subatomic particles, each of which contains a bit of the essence of the One, which was theirs rom the Big Bang to the Heat Entropy which will eventually end this petty universe. Love? Why would that be? Love is not even close to the power of such a being. You Christians suppose that this Being was somehow incarnate in a man-you are not even close to comprehending the true mystery! The Divine Spark is in all of us! We are all "begotten" sons of God. As I said before, the real God understands when you speak to it whatever name you call

That to me, an Atheist, was very beautiful and has turned me Agnostic.

That to me, an Atheist, was very beautiful and has turned me Agnostic.

Really? I am humbled beyond all imagining. Thanks.

Love is not even close to the power of such a being. You Christians suppose that this Being was somehow incarnate in a man-you are not even close to comprehending the true mystery!

...forgive us for not being as 'enlightened' as you obviously seem to be...

Jesus was a being like no other, demons feared his presence, and yet man betrayed him when his only message to the world was kindness and understanding, all of which society lacked and still lacks in it's time.

It's not Christians who are the enlighted ones and the divine spark thst you have stated in your own words is not power from within, although I'm not looking for power I'm looking for a release in demonic activities which affect others.

his only message to the world was kindness and understanding

His message to the world was Forgiveness!

(and some say there is no 'value' in that)

Joc, Why would there be a need for forgiveness?? Jesus (if there was a jesus) was no the only "good" person that has ever walked or will ever walk, nor was his message original Namaste Sheri

Edited by Sheri berri

His message to the world was Forgiveness!

(and some say there is no 'value' in that)

Yeah, that one too. :yes:

Joc, Why would there be a need for forgiveness??

Are you serious? Good one! :tu: You really had me going for a minute there. B)