Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

There is no god!

WongFeiHung

Does this apply to all of the Gods that existed both before and after the Christian God

you ask me about my religion, i tell you by my religion. I don't know what to say about the other religions and its not my place. God bless

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• hyperactive

• zandore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Christianity is not the only religion on this dust ball called Earth. There are religions older than it is, does this apply to all of them also?

Time keeps going on, because God lives forever. Since God lives forever, then we who confide in him live forever as well.

To the believer the religion/God that they follow is real, just as is your God is to you.

Edited by zandore

you ask me about my religion, i tell you by my religion. I don't know what to say about the other religions and its not my place. God bless

how many times do I have to repeat myself?

God bless

If you don't have Spiritual eyes that only God can give, how will you see God. If you don't have Spiritual ears that only God can give, how will you hear him speak to you?

Bluefinger I assure you at one time I was told how to see a god and how to hear a god but the truth found me and I know why I never heard or saw anything but tales of old. Once I got over the fear instilled in my psyche by the religious community including my family I realized that these stories were only repeated fables with lessons attached. I can't take them any more seriously than Harry Potter.

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in [their] knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

AMEN Brother......

Once I got over the fear instilled in my psyche by the religious community including my family I realized that these stories were only repeated fables with lessons attached. I can't take them any more seriously than Harry Potter.

You know, I went from not believing to believing in the Bible, and Fear at no time was a part of my choice. It was a choice made purely out of Love - like Bluefinger said, true Religion is Love (thanks BF, well said :tu:)

Regards, PA

Edited by Paranoid Android

You know, I went from not believing to believing in the Bible, and Fear at no time was a part of my choice. It was a choice made purely out of Love - like Bluefinger said, true Religion is Love (thanks BF, well said :tu:)

Regards, PA

Same here. Fear has nothing to do with it. People just try to find all kinds of different reasons to make Christianity look bad don't they. O_o They must never sleep conjuring up these ideas.

You know zero you seem to have this knack for saying the wrong things. I don't need to lose sleep conjuring these things up. In my religious experiences I have been made to fear many things according to their dogma. Don't dismiss what I am saying because you might not have experienced the same. You are young and have much to learn. One day you will realize where I am coming from.

you ask me about my religion, i tell you by my religion. I don't know what to say about the other religions and its not my place.

God bless

As I suspect....Typical Christian attitude (intolerance).

To these other religions.....Christianity is a false religion.

I believe in God as a spiritual being, there are a lot of things I don't believe in but God is not one of them.

People say things like - If there was a God then why are there so many bad things in the world.

My understanding is...For everything, there is an opposite, ie where there is a right there is a wrong, where there is good there is bad ect..! We are put on this earth and it is up to us what path we choose to lead whether it is good or bad.

ah becky's mom,

now there is no good, no bad, no, evil. these are all value judgements and are a matter of perspective. perhaps the best def of a god is it is a value judgement based on perspective. for just like good, evil, right, wrong, et al, they do not exist outside of the thoughts of those that utilize such constructs.

I went from Catholic to Agnostic... Now figure that one out. :)

God bless

how do you twist my words like that? I said that I can't speak for other religions, not that I condemn them. Is it that you misunderstood what I said, or do you just hear what you want to hear? As a Christian, I have NO obligation to look into other religions or even consider them. I don't have to open myself up to other religions either, because I am quite comfortable with mine, thankyou.

Good night and God bless.

:D Beautiful posts. I love them all. Everything is true when it comes to divinity: atheism, polytheism, pantheism, monotheism.

:ph34r: "ONE is all.... Deny not ONE while you live. The world is full of those who say they seek ONE. How is it that seekers always blind themselves first to their surroundings? Until they remove the film, they seek in vain. Do you wish a word of comfort? There is none. Do you wish a better road? There is none. Do you wish a Savior? There is none. For you, there is only ONE. You will make that do." p. 385.

:ph34r: "The juice of memory rises. When it spills will be the time of reversal. It is coming. Be ye prepared. Mighty shall be the roar, violent the rending, joyous the release." p. 164

:ph34r: "The foretelling time. The pages from the rear are in the fore. Sun-worshippers have taken their place. The ray of love is seldom perceived and often misunderstood as having flesh. The daybreak of the new morn is founded on the proper perception of the ray of love. Babes know it not- -neither man nor woman. The mystic alone knows the reality of this ray." The Word of One, "Doer

:D Like all holy books, the Bible is to be interpreted symbolically, not literally. It is the fundamentalists who take things literally, and give rise to terrorists and televangelists. To take it literally is to make a deliberate misunderanding.

:tu: To seek spirituality is good. To assume there is only one path is wrong.

:w00t: All quotes are from the Word of One. == love, Cebrakon

:D Beautiful posts. I love them all. Everything is true when it comes to divinity: atheism, polytheism, pantheism, monotheism.

I agree with most of your post, so don't think I'm picking on you. I'm just wondering if you can clarify something for me. If all ways are right, then the terrorist who straps a bomb onto himself and blows themselves up in a schoolbus is doing according to their beliefs. Most people, however, would onsider this a wrong path. Yet if all ways are right, then is this also right, is it not.

Just a thought.

Regards, PA

I agree with most of your post, so don't think I'm picking on you. I'm just wondering if you can clarify something for me. If all ways are right, then the terrorist who straps a bomb onto himself and blows themselves up in a schoolbus is doing according to their beliefs. Most people, however, would onsider this a wrong path. Yet if all ways are right, then is this also right, is it not.

Just a thought.

Regards, PA

please judge your tree byt the fruit it bears, like your master taught. What about the christian right bombing abortion clinics?

Love life , Love your friends ,love your world , forgive your enemies The Beano p72 1976 edition ( uk comic) nice words means nothing I could quote many more from even more inane sources

Just two question who forgives god?

And religious people would you entertain the possibility you are wrong?

(Not asking you to say your are only concede the possibility you could be)

I ask the latter as im a non believer based on the evidence i see around me but in the spirit of science can appreciate and accept i could be wrong however remote that possibility is

Edited by Big cheese

please judge your tree byt the fruit it bears, like your master taught. What about the christian right bombing abortion clinics?

Geez, GM, you just do not pay attention to my posts, do you. Like my master taught (and all saracasm aside please), a tree will be judged by its fruit, and those that bomb abortion clinics have been judged by their fruits.

Please, read your Bible again. The context of the passage is speaking to the individual, not the collective. Judge the individual by their fruits.

I seriously hope I do not have to post this again. Thank you.

Regards, PA

Edited by Paranoid Android

I feel I must step in here a moment. The fundies that are bombing clinics and hanging blacks and gays are the same as those muslums that blow themselves to smitherines. They are under the misguided impression that they are doing the right thing in the eyes of their god. As you religious believe, in the beginning there was only one tree and it created many different trees from the same seed.

God bless

how do you twist my words like that? I said that I can't speak for other religions, not that I condemn them. Is it that you misunderstood what I said, or do you just hear what you want to hear? As a Christian, I have NO obligation to look into other religions or even consider them. I don't have to open myself up to other religions either, because I am quite comfortable with mine, thankyou.

It is not about me twisting your words but about you showing other religions the respect that you want Christianity to be shown.

It is not about me twisting your words but about you showing other religions the respect that you want Christianity to be shown.

No, sir, its not. I show them the respect I should be by leaving them alone. I don't try to convert them, so what else should I do? Should I read up on their religion and study their ways? No, I won't and don't have to. I have no obligation to seek out other religions and its not for you to impose that task upon me. Do you see where I'm getting at. You don't tell an apple farmer that he should plant oranges because you like oranges. Same goes with religion, I HAVE NO OBLIGATION to pay my respects to other religions by getting involved with their practices.

Why should I care about their religion?

God bless

bluefinger it's a shame that you don't enlighten yourself by understanding other religions. You might find out more about your own and yourself.

No, sir, its not. I show them the respect I should be by leaving them alone. I don't try to convert them, so what else should I do? Should I read up on their religion and study their ways? No, I won't and don't have to. I have no obligation to seek out other religions and its not for you to impose that task upon me. Do you see where I'm getting at. You don't tell an apple farmer that he should plant oranges because you like oranges. Same goes with religion, I HAVE NO OBLIGATION to pay my respects to other religions by getting involved with their practices.

Why should I care about their religion?

God bless

Blue that sounds a bit righteous :innocent: You will only be dogmatic and rigid and leave your self no options mentally it can get very scary when you are so sure you know everything, it cuts you off from life and growth is slow if at all, this is only a suggestion and you do as you see appropriate for yourself, But you only need to look around and see the effects of a My way is the only way concept, its been devastating to say the very least, if we are to grow as a humnaity a starting place would be in knowing the differnt beleif structures that make up your world you live in and the willingness to let go of those that aren't serving the whole. Wisdom isn't because you know everything wisdom is becasue of and made possible by what you don't know. One who is confident in his beleive structure is undaunted by anothers, beleifs can only be changed if you decide they are you are in error if you think otherwise. Namaste Sheri

bluefinger it's a shame that you don't enlighten yourself by understanding other religions. You might find out more about your own and yourself.

This is to scary for many who already have convinced themselves of what religion is to them.

It is within each right to do as they please, but I do agree that one should at least look at others before making a final determination.

Bluefinger, does your religion come from your parents, or have you made this determination all on your own?