Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

There is no god!

WongFeiHung

Humanity is primordial to the core. It inevitably and constantly believes in something "greater" than itself, no matter it be God or Aliens, just like someone pointed out here in the thread. And that's truly pathetic.

God is created by clever humans (not the other way around) to subjugate other, more stupid humans and thus creating religion, also a tool for subjugation.

If you read the whole Old Testament, you'll see that it's full of agression and violence from the "loving" Christian God. Anyone still believing it's all about "turning the other cheek", think again. It should be all about common sense, not using the Bible slavishly and (too) litteraly as a life-guide. Christianity doesn't have monopoly on goodness, forget about it.

BTW, I think it's in Mattheus that God points out that your body is "his". I call this pimping on high level.

Those who believe in him do it either because they need it, for safety reasons, or because they have been brainwashed as children to believe the mainstream, i e, "God exists".

I think there is no God and the argument that non-believers go to hell means no one can actually control this fact (because when they get there, they're dead, of course!) but people still believe it. Blindly!

It's so paradoxically hollow that it's funny.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• hyperactive

• zandore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PA I know you beleive in the bible God, As opposed to all the other Gods to beleive in why this one???You have said on a few occassions you have studied so many relgions correct and settled on Christianity, the vengeful needy, egotistaical God who needs I mean needs worship or else??? I'm curious. namaste Sheri :D

But, just because you see PA's God this way, doesn't neccessarily mean that you are correct on your judgements. People look at justice different ways, vengence is a personal trait that really isn't up for you to judge. Egotisitical.....well, I think for someone who has control of all things in the universe, I say God's doing a wise job with His power. To understand this God, you may need to understand that we realize that eternal life can only be found in God, thus worship is a neccessary thing with today's freewilled people who prefer to worship their own lives, which will one day fade. Just some thoughts to crunch.

God Bless

Bluefinger I think your a little confused. Your last line is a bit incorrect, IMO. Freewilled people who are worshipping their own lives will be the way of the future. If we worship our own lives we will appreciate them much more and in turn we will appreciate other people of the world as well. This transition away from religion is in the difficult early stages but will even out eventually and peace will reign when the religious community will no longer be ruled by an outside entity. If we look inside ourselves for the answers we will find them. Your god in reality is the bigger voice inside each of us only, you attribute it to a physical/spiritual entity.

God's free will allows us to choose to worship God.

Although people say how is it a choice when you are going to Hell if you do not worship him.

Well if you choose not to worship God then why would you think you would go to Hell?

But maybe some feel that Hell is real and that maybe they are wanting to believe but they do not because of what a Christian has to sacrifice.

Christian Sacrfices:

( if we all followed these)

1) no sex before marriage or sexual immorality

2) you have to sacrifice anything that controls you. ( say eating ice cream controls you) The item that controls you is soemthing that can hinder growth in God. This is soemthing a lot of people don't want to give up. ex:drinking, smoking, overeating, sexy attire, and vainity. These things are bad. And some people don't want to give up something that gives them pleasure.

you guys seem to come up with these theories that don't make sense just so you have some reason not to believe in God.

maybe its the inconstancies in religion that makes people see the hard truth and accept it for what it is rather than construct fairytale gods to give purpose where non lies

Granted religion is all about choice its your choice to ignore or perceive facts in a way that suits your belief what’s important to me is when those facts are backed up with evidence that can be proven and proven again by all parties involved

I choose to not believe as education and the evidence around me suggest this

And religion offers no valid alternative

Big Cheese I think that is a good reason to not believe.

BTW I love the name. It makes me hungry. LOL.

Bluefinger I think your a little confused. Your last line is a bit incorrect, IMO. Freewilled people who are worshipping their own lives will be the way of the future. If we worship our own lives we will appreciate them much more and in turn we will appreciate other people of the world as well. This transition away from religion is in the difficult early stages but will even out eventually and peace will reign when the religious community will no longer be ruled by an outside entity. If we look inside ourselves for the answers we will find them. Your god in reality is the bigger voice inside each of us only, you attribute it to a physical/spiritual entity.

:tu::wub: namaste sheri

But, just because you see PA's God this way, doesn't neccessarily mean that you are correct on your judgements. People look at justice different ways, vengence is a personal trait that really isn't up for you to judge. Egotisitical.....well, I think for someone who has control of all things in the universe, I say God's doing a wise job with His power. To understand this God, you may need to understand that we realize that eternal life can only be found in God, thus worship is a neccessary thing with today's freewilled people who prefer to worship their own lives, which will one day fade. Just some thoughts to crunch.

God Bless

Blue, the christain god speaks for himself, thas an ironic statement your god doesn't have control over the universe that is obvious, What is wise about how he is handling things Blue?? So it seems that your need to beleive in eternal life is so over whelming you "overlook" alot!! Make peace with the fear of death, why do you fear it ??? "There is nothing to fear except fear itself" I beleive people are taught to live in fear, the voice inside of you is the only voice you should follow as curiousity suggested, Namaste Sheri

um, please don't tell me what my God is if you don't believe in my God the way I do, thats like teaching someone something they already know, but in your own method. I'm sure that person like's his method well.

But, do really think that removing religion from our community will remove theft, murder, lies, adultery, hate, anger, lust, loftiness, ect.?? By no means, because people are how they are and will choose to do what they want regardless of what a religion, parents, or even government says. If they won't listen to their own conscious in which you trust so much, how will they listen to any greater authority such as God, parents, guardians, government, bosses, ect.??? No, religion has nothing to do with people's choices, their hearts have everything to do with it. If a person wants to kill, he will kill, regardless of what anyone says. Just because religion would be removed, it doesn't mean peace will get better. Religious wars are for power and territory. Religious quarrels are for personal gain. Religious killings are out of insanity or lack of knowledge. So no, we cannot worship our own lives, because they will NEVER be peaceful enough.

God bless

Blue, the christain god speaks for himself, thas an ironic statement your god doesn't have control over the universe that is obvious, What is wise about how he is handling things Blue?? So it seems that your need to beleive in eternal life is so over whelming you "overlook" alot!! Make peace with the fear of death, why do you fear it ??? "There is nothing to fear except fear itself" I beleive people are taught to live in fear, the voice inside of you is the only voice you should follow as curiousity suggested, Namaste Sheri

Its not death that I'm afraid, its a waste of life that I'm afraid of. Why go on living if we will all die? I believe in eternal life, so death does not scare me. I think you are reading me wrong. And just because God doesn't control the univererse, it doesn't mean he can't. He just decides not to for his own reasons, which I'm sure are wise.

Oh, i'm sure i don't want to follow my curiosity to far into an unknown land, that can turn out for the worst of me, then I will be a fool.

God bless

Its not death that I'm afraid, its a waste of life that I'm afraid of. Why go on living if we will all die? I believe in eternal life, so death does not scare me. I think you are reading me wrong. And just because God doesn't control the univererse, it doesn't mean he can't. He just decides not to for his own reasons, which I'm sure are wise.

Oh, i'm sure i don't want to follow my curiosity to far into an unknown land, that can turn out for the worst of me, then I will be a fool.

God bless

blue why wouldn't you want to follow your curiousity, what do you mean by unknown land????Waht would turn out worse for you??? Or make you foolish??? namaste sheri

blue why wouldn't you want to follow your curiousity, what do you mean by unknown land????Waht would turn out worse for you??? Or make you foolish??? namaste sheri

ever heard of 'curiosity killed the cat?' There are somethings we are better off NOT knowing, for the safety of ourselves and the lives of others. curiosity often leads to confusion, especially with faith, because you never know which is the right one, you just have to believe in what you believe. The unknown land is my symbolism for unfamiliar topics that make a fool out of you if you don't watch what you are saying or doing.

I'm not a very curious person outside of my religion anyhow.

God bless

ever heard of 'curiosity killed the cat?' There are somethings we are better off NOT knowing, for the safety of ourselves and the lives of others. curiosity often leads to confusion, especially with faith, because you never know which is the right one, you just have to believe in what you believe. The unknown land is my symbolism for unfamiliar topics that make a fool out of you if you don't watch what you are saying or doing.

God bless

Blue, are yo uplaying guitar in your photo??? Do you listen to different styles of music??

Wow Blue, curiousity killed the cat?? What would be dangerous and life threating if you asked that is???Doyou stick to one style of music or do you explore many??/ namaste Sheri

Blue, are yo uplaying guitar in your photo??? Do you listen to different styles of music??

Wow Blue, curiousity killed the cat?? What would be dangerous and life threating if you asked that is???Doyou stick to one style of music or do you explore many??/ namaste Sheri

yep thats me. I explore many types, but stick to one most of the time. Rock. Music can't save me though, so I guess its a little different that religion.

God bless

God bless

Wow. Curiosity is a bad thing, huh?

I guess its better to go through life with downcast eyes, and never think about what might be beyond the next hill.

Thank the maker that there are people out there with curiosity and the desire to learn more and question why things are, and why they aren't, and how to make life better. Elsewise, we'd still be on the savannah eating grubs and being eaten by lions......

You probably fit in very well in the dark ages blue. ;)

but, good journey on your path, I hope it brings you comfort.

Gee... if it wasn't for curiosity and imagination... we would probaly still be no more then primitive sapiens.

None of what we have now...

Twas curiosity and imagination that led to where we are now. Evolutionist or ID withstanding.

I mean.. if it wasn't for curiosity, we wouldn't know what distilled sugar cane juice would tast like... And I'd be a sad kitty... =(

Yes and if it wern't for curiosity, we would never have discovered that cows can be milked. Allthough I'm not sure what the original curious person was doing when they were being curios there. :huh:

Yes and if it wern't for curiosity, we would never have discovered that cows can be milked. Allthough I'm not sure what the original curious person was doing when they were being curios there. :huh:

Speaking on that line... if it wasn't for curiosity, we wouldn't have found out that camel's milk is more nutricious then cow's... X)

(random trivia fact)

my favorite iis cake. how did someone take wheat, milk, yeast and eggs and put them together?

Wow. Curiosity is a bad thing, huh?

I guess its better to go through life with downcast eyes, and never think about what might be beyond the next hill.

Thank the maker that there are people out there with curiosity and the desire to learn more and question why things are, and why they aren't, and how to make life better. Elsewise, we'd still be on the savannah eating grubs and being eaten by lions......

You probably fit in very well in the dark ages blue. ;)

but, good journey on your path, I hope it brings you comfort.

okay, let me rephrase that. There are good curiosities and not so helpful curiosities. For example taking drugs can be good if you are sick, but some drugs are bad for you. Sex is good but isn't so good once you learn the varieties of risks and of STD's out there. Believing in a religion is good, but observing so many may just mislead you to a point where you don't know what to believe. What I'm saying is I do not want to get to that point, whether what I believe in is actually true or not. I believe in what I believe and I don't want to believe in any other religion, so I have no buisness investigating their religions. On top of that, I really don't care to.

God bless

some things should not have been discovered, or at least not utilized when not understood. :yes:

Believing in a religion is good, but observing so many may just mislead you to a point where you don't know what to believe. What I'm saying is I do not want to get to that point, whether what I believe in is actually true or not. I believe in what I believe and I don't want to believe in any other religion, so I have no buisness investigating their religions. On top of that, I really don't care to.

This is where I dissagree. Learning about many religions is good. It keeps minds open and teaches people to be more accepting really. It's all part of learning, and not shutting one self off to the world because one's afraid of being confused or whatnot. If you have strength in your faith, then why worry about not knowing what to believe and stop yourself from learning?

Edited by SilverCougar

okay, let me rephrase that. There are good curiosities and not so helpful curiosities. For example taking drugs can be good if you are sick, but some drugs are bad for you. Sex is good but isn't so good once you learn the varieties of risks and of STD's out there. Believing in a religion is good, but observing so many may just mislead you to a point where you don't know what to believe. What I'm saying is I do not want to get to that point, whether what I believe in is actually true or not. I believe in what I believe and I don't want to believe in any other religion, so I have no buisness investigating their religions. On top of that, I really don't care to.

God bless

blue you define your life around a fear construct, in order for religion to be so effective it scares you about everything as you are saying certainly be aware and use care but Religon is propagandasized (sp) by fear, you are simply telling us what you are afraid of which is alot most of all yourself, How is that good for you ???? Why wouldn't you investigate and question, why wouldn't your religon want you to?? Why at your young age would you limit yourself , your god should be able to stand under any scrunity and questioning , what would he be hiding ??? namaste Sheri

If you have strength in your faith, then why worry about not knowing what to believe and stop yourself from learning?
good question Silver, very good question.

good question Silver, very good question.

i always ask xians, if you are so sure, why don't u kill yourself? they always give a smart-ass answer about suicide. if i really really believed i was going to paradise, i'd go now/