Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

There is no god!

WongFeiHung

This is where I dissagree. Learning about many religions is good. It keeps minds open and teaches people to be more accepting really. It's all part of learning, and not shutting one self off to the world because one's afraid of being confused or whatnot. If you have strength in your faith, then why worry about not knowing what to believe and stop yourself from learning?

you don't have to experience everything to learn about it. I didn't have to live out on the streets to know its tough. i didn't have to do drugs to know they hurt me and those around me. I didn't have to study calculus to know how to count. So, I don't have to read up on every religion to know what I like. I don't have to recieve the world, because there is much of the world that I know isn't good for me. I don't want to learn about other religions and I won't. I have seen it, people here so much about everything that they get stuck in the middle, or they change their religions and their everyday lives. It also affects those around them that recieve them, just as poverty, drugs, and knowledge does. To recieve everything as beneficial is in the eye of the beholder. I personally don't care for everything the world has to offer. I will limit myself for my own wellfare. Now, I'm done argueing. I don't tell anyone how they should live, i would personally appreciate it if I would get the same respect.

God bless

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• hyperactive

• zandore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bleh bleh bleh bleh all you skeptics make me laugh WHERE IS YOUR INDISPUTABLE EVIDENCE AT im sick of skeptics trying to start flame wars with us

This is called Spirituality V's SKEPTICISIM

So in that case bleh bleh blah can you show any proof there is a god? Like it or not that are and will always be Skeptics

Edited by Beckys_Mom

This is where I dissagree. Learning about many religions is good. It keeps minds open and teaches people to be more accepting really. It's all part of learning, and not shutting one self off to the world because one's afraid of being confused or whatnot. If you have strength in your faith, then why worry about not knowing what to believe and stop yourself from learning?

As I tried to tell him before "ignorance is bliss".

bleh bleh bleh bleh all you skeptics make me laugh WHERE IS YOUR INDISPUTABLE EVIDENCE AT im sick of skeptics trying to start flame wars with us
Yes that is a good question.....
So in that case bleh bleh blah can you show any proof there is a god?
OH that is right....ignorance is bliss.

We are not the ones saying there is a God.

i dont have to prove nothing you do again put up your evidence that hes not real

Well no one has come back to tell the tale...& No one will be able to

As I tried to tell him before "ignorance is bliss".

Yes that is a good question.....OH that is right....ignorance is bliss.

Just so you know Zandore...this whole thread and others like it will always be full of Skeptics whether you like it or not, and people that don't believe have their reasons, just in the same way you have your reason to believe. I for one have not slammed your beliefs so pipe down ;)

Just so you know Zandore...this whole thread and others like it will always be full of Skeptics whether you like it or not,.....
Skeptics and believers.

.....and people that don't believe have their reasons, just in the same way you have your reason to believe.
I think you meant my reasons not to believe.

I for one have not slammed your beliefs so pipe down ;)
:cry:

But I was only telling the truth about some of the believers here!

But no one really knows what the real truth is ( I'm only saying) but you have to admit it's true.

I believe if you didn't have anyhting (and I mean anything) to believe in, you would probably go mad!!!

I believe if you didn't have anyhting (and I mean anything) to believe in, you would probably go mad!!!
Curious....why do you think this?

Curious....why do you think this?

Honestly!! My mom told me that many years ago, and I heard it from one of my teachers at school (again many moons ago :ph34r: ) An I used to wonder what they meant, but when you take a long hard think about it all, you think of all the things you used to believe in and some of the things you still believe in today.

IE...I used to believe in Santa, The tooth Fairy (nearly all of us did at one point)

I believe that the world did not begin with Adam & Eve, I believe in the scientists theory The big Bang!!! I could go on but everyone who is anyone believes in something!!!

"Man is lucky to be ignorant, because if he knew the truth it would either destroy him or drive him mad."

~ Stuart Gordan

:P

... and if you don't stop I'll stamp my foot and squeam and squeam until I'm sick. :rolleyes:

Honestly!! My mom told me that many years ago, and I heard it from one of my teachers at school (again many moons ago :ph34r: ) An I used to wonder what they meant, but when you take a long hard think about it all, you think of all the things you used to believe in and some of the things you still believe in today.

IE...I used to believe in Santa, The tooth Fairy (nearly all of us did at one point)

I believe that the world did not begin with Adam & Eve, I believe in the scientists theory The big Bang!!! I could go on but everyone who is anyone believes in something!!!

You said "Big Bang", that's an outer space type thing that's easy to believe in, and how mad could you possibly be believing in this vast scientific and theoretical endevour of space? I can take Santa, tooth fairy, any ffairie, giants, unicorns, gods/goddesses,devils/shedevils,griffins,demons,sylphs,nymphs,dragons (sorry zandore), and ECT and not believe in it.

& turn around and believe in the Big Bang. Fine. I'm not mad. But, I know you said 'probably' - so it depends on how strong a mind you have.

Edited by PFlack

You said "Big Bang", that's an outer space type thing that's easy to believe in, and how mad could you possibly be believing in this vast scientific and theoretical endevour of space? I can take Santa, tooth fairy, any ffairie, giants, unicorns, gods/goddesses,devils/shedevils,griffins,demons,sylphs,nymphs,dragons (sorry zandore), and ECT and not believe in it.

& turn around and believe in the Big Bang. Fine. I'm not mad. But, I know you said 'probably' - so it depends on how strong a mind you have.

At the end of the day who really cares..we all still have to pay our taxes LOL

:D

this is going round and round...where is your evidence..over and over and the arguments will continue and still NO EVIDENCE and ...........................................everyone still has to pay their taxes in the end LOL

this is going round and round...where is your evidence..over and over and the arguments will continue and still NO EVIDENCE and ...........................................everyone still has to pay their taxes in the end LOL

Exactly. :tu:

Didn't taxes start in the beginning of the christian era where goods and money were charged by the church for use of the land?

Agreed Becky's Mom, death and taxes are still the only two sureties we have in this world.

We can argue back and forth until the cows come home, but it is doubtful anyone will change their mind.

"Belief" is a wonderous thing: It requires no proof of a thing, only the belief of the believer.

I want to prose something here. Let's work backwards on this, ok? If there were a Godd, not saying whether it be true or not, what would this be like? I would go for an incredibly nebulous thing, like neither matter nor energy. no gender, no form, just intelligence itself. the vedas say "tathagata", which means "suchness", and say, neither here, nor there. Lao Tsu says "the Way that can be weighed is not the Eternal Way". sort of like when you think you see something out of the corner of your eye. something not directly perceiveable, at least, to the five "senses", but there would have to be some other type of perception. This would explain the multiplicity of religions. It is as if there was this presence, so far beyond our understanding, that it could only be experienced metaphorically to human comprehension. this might perhaps why Moses was only allowed to see Godd's "back", until Godd later killed him by showing him his face. I'm not saying this was literal truth, please concentrate on the symbolism. The Kabbalah calls this the "macroproposus" the greater face/countenance. Do we remember the priestly blessing?

bleh bleh bleh bleh all you sceptics make me laugh WHERE IS YOUR INDISPUTABLE EVIDENCE AT im sick of sceptics trying to start flame wars with us

Aren’t you as a believer meant to have understanding if your god/gods is so infallible then you should not feel threatened by people with there own mind who choose through education or what ever road not to believe. Gods for me are constructed by man for man but i don’t feel threatened by people who believe in god and its related scriptures and accept that others may have an entirly differant world view if that’s what gets them through then so be it as for evidence for me all i have to do is wait till it gets dark and look up to me that’s evidence enough that god does not exists

Maybe you should explore your ignorance and your religion a little more maybe you may gain a little insight into your self and others or atleast reading this forums topic would be a good start

:tu:

i always ask xians, if you are so sure, why don't u kill yourself? they always give a smart-ass answer about suicide. if i really really believed i was going to paradise, i'd go now/

It is far better far better for me that I die, but it is more necessary for you that i live. For me, to live is Christ and to die is gain

I can't quite recall where this is in the Bible, but they are the words of Paul. I look forward to the day I die. WHy do I not kill myself then? Because it is much more necessary for me to be here on earth. Simple.

Regards, PA

But no one really knows what the real truth is ( I'm only saying) but you have to admit it's true.

Hmm, ever heard of Nihilism? It's a worldview that denies absolutely everything. Yes, it is very pessimistic, and yes, it's very hard to be a true Nihilist. But there are those out there.

I guess some of them might be crazy. Some won't be.

Though it is arguable that stern belief in nothing is a belief in something after all. But that's another argument.

Regards, PA