Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

There is no god!

WongFeiHung

Hmm, ever heard of Nihilism? It's a worldview that denies absolutely everything. Yes, it is very pessimistic, and yes, it's very hard to be a true Nihilist. But there are those out there.

I guess some of them might be crazy. Some won't be.

Though it is arguable that stern belief in nothing is a belief in something after all. But that's another argument.

Regards, PA

I am not a Nihilist, and what I said IMHO to me is true and a lot of others will agree, and just becuase they agree, does not make them a Nihilist either.

I say we will all find out the real truth when we die.

;)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• hyperactive

• zandore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agreed Becky's Mom, death and taxes are still the only two sureties we have in this world.

We can argue back and forth until the cows come home, but it is doubtful anyone will change their mind.

"Belief" is a wonderous thing: It requires no proof of a thing, only the belief of the believer.

Very, very good point, only it isn't about 'There is no god' it's about

IN GOD WE TRUST and what changes a mind when some one feels guilty for spending or not spending one penny, and doesn't believe in god?

Just remember- if there is no god, why is it> in GOD?

See, in God there is only trust if there is a WE. If you were all by yourself, there would only be you and God, and trust.

If you don't believe in God, theres you and trust.

Edited by PFlack

do ever actually try to make sense, or do you just string along whatever words float into your head?

do ever actually try to make sense, or do you just string along whatever words float into your head?

Ah, yeah, and what did you not get about the word "IN"? This whole entire posting section is about in God or no God.

Remember WongFeiHung? "I believe that God is completely made up".

So in God being made, you have to trust that there are borderlines to that creation of some human interest whether some like it or not. Someone brought up taxes, yeah, and what's that about? It doesn't matter whether anyone believes in god or not, you have a penny or a dollar to pay and it says IN GOD WE TRUST on every peice.

So I'm not making sense?

How about by some supernatural means- I let a word float into my head that makes sense- and then I tell you it doesn't matter that the word GOD is imprinted in millions upon millions of notes all over the place and some people just don't

GIVE A DAMN ABOUT IT

Edited by PFlack

Ah, yeah, and what did you not get about the word "IN"? This whole entire posting section is about in God or no God.

Remember WongFeiHung? "I believe that God is completely made up".

So in God being made, you have to trust that there are borderlines to that creation of some human interest whether some like it or not. Someone brought up taxes, yeah, and what's that about? It doesn't matter whether anyone believes in god or not, you have a penny or a dollar to pay and it says IN GOD WE TRUST on every peice.

So I'm not making sense?

How about by some supernatural means- I let a word float into my head that makes sense- and then I tell you it doesn't matter that the word GOD is imprinted in millions upon millions of notes all over the place and some people just don't

GIVE A DAMN ABOUT IT

Not quite sure what ur getting at are you saying you dont think god exsists ?or that the fact it refers to the word god on bank notesmust make him real lol ? if its the latter then in that case santas as real as me and u as theres lots of paper with his name on it too personally id prefer to belive in santa ratha than god i think santas done a lot less damage as a concept

Edited by Big cheese

O.K., there are distinct differences on this issue. Started out with WongFeiHung(where-ever the guy is) about how "there is no God".

1) He doesn't have evidence that there is no God.

2) When he said God is completely made up, how do you get evidence to measure up to what is "made" up?

What do you do if there is no evidence of the existence of God, and all you know and see all over the place is what you think is created by human beings but there is no evidence to point out a borderline?

What is it you think is going to grow any further than the God people made up, than the God who makes himself? Where does it end?

Hypothetically lets say God was 30 ft. tall for instance. So Wong is saying that God is made up- being created by human beings right? FAKE - so that means if human beings made God he has to obviously grow. Next year he'll be 31 feet tall. When is he going to stop growing? When was he born?

Well, hey!!!! Human beings made God right????? How?

On the issue that some people think God is made up by human beings and worshipped, what do the non-believers do about the money they are forced to have to live off of in the country? They were all over-ruled, they had no choice and they all get this attitude sometimes ( like WongFeiHung ) that it is so overwhelming in such a legal political way - that it isn't about religion anymore. So you have to stop somewhere because you can get frustrated and stereotypical.

Some people have to worship God without any choice in life until LEGALLY at the age of 18 you make your own choice as to whether you want to worship God or not. I had to- so what's the problem is that some people are in between no evidence and what evidence there is if God is made up by human beings- and not one penny is there to support either.

In God who do you trust? If you do, who is we?

So who do you trust if human beings made God? Human beings who are convinced that there is a God because they were so convinced that they made God? That they trust in that God - and you can't do anything about it?

That is what I mean, and if it doesn't make sense - spell it out and point it out to me. Because I have not even the slightest clue, now, how it doesn't make sense.

You have two ways, God is made up by human beings- meaning there is creation. No evidence, but substance in the flesh/blood/bones/brain and what ever mind is behind it.

There is no God, meaning it was never created by human beings, and not even God created God. No evidence. No substance - just complete mind-boggling non-human NOTHINGNESS.

Edited by PFlack

PFlack, common sense tells me there can't be an entity such as this. According to believers It's been around since the beginning of time and it has yet to show itself to be some kind of molecular unit or energy or anything and the best anyone can do is have blind faith in it. I would think that something so narcisistic and all powerful would want it's followers to know it and see it. You won't convince me that this thing is real until I see with my own 3 eyes.

Edited by curiousity

PFlack, common sense tells me there can't be an entity such as this. According to believers It's been around since the beginning of time and it has yet to show itself to be some kind of molecular unit or energy or anything and the best anyone can do is have blind faith in it. I would think that something so narcisistic and all powerful would want it's followers to know it and see it. You won't convince me that this thing is real until I see with my own 3 eyes.

That is another way I would say it. Ive just come down to some conclusions that fit that perspective, and it was never an easy thing for half of my life to get to that point ... but I'm here. It was about having a perspective that is neither against God or a disbelief nor the whole hearted dead-on religious faith I endured as a child. If anything now when I look back and I try to understand what makes it blind faith, it's hard to see family is still in that position of 'faith' and how I see what was so blind about me. When I never thought it was about being blind about it.

Seeing through it is about the best I do.

this topic goes on and on but the fact is you cant change peoples minds about something like religion because you will never be able to prove them wrong. never. it simply cannot be done because for everything you do not have an answer for they do. which is how religion has survived all this time. it hides with the unexplained. as for those who would try and change that, good luck. i tried.

this topic goes on and on but the fact is you cant change peoples minds about something like religion because you will never be able to prove them wrong. never. it simply cannot be done because for everything you do not have an answer for they do. which is how religion has survived all this time. it hides with the unexplained. as for those who would try and change that, good luck. i tried.

You will never be able to prove them wrong, if they were never proven to be right.

So there are those like me that are in the center. I survive all this time without religion. I don't hide the unexplained nor with it, since I do my best to research it and expose it for what it is.

I will never try and change it. Nor hide it when and if I do know.

So, you try, good luck.

You tried and you failed.

It doesn't mean you won't find the answer.

You have hit the nail on the head...we will keep trying but not one of us will find the right answer untill we die

There's no God?

Many will look with there eyes but will not see, and will listen with their ears but not hear.

Edited by scoobysnack

Ok, now wait a minute. Even though I am a non-believer, I must give the religious folks a lot of credit. Religion has always been an excellent way to keep people in line. It promotes law and order and moral values that a great deal of people wouldn't have if it weren't for the religious teachings. Had it not been for them, our species would have never made it beyond the level of heathens. Even though I don't personally buy any of the hooplah, I must admit that I would rather have religious coworkers any day then not. I work with many Christians on a daily basis and I think they are great people. They are always honest and helpful and you don't have to worry about them stealing anything or cheating customers.

that is true RedRaider, but do we still require a 'higher power' to maintain law & order today?

And you must have an exceptional group of christians working with you.

I've known many who were not so........saintly?

Edited by JMPD1

Blind faith is a 50/50 shot. Either what you believe is true, or it isn't. People take a blind shot at bets and win.

Edited by ZeroShadow

that is true RedRaider, but do we still require a 'higher power' to maintain law & order today?

The laws in America(dunno about elsewhere) are almost identicle to God's laws. So, do we really need the laws of America? Don't steal, don't kill, etc... A higher force being smarter than a human(hypotheticaly speaking) would be able to withold those laws better than a mere human.

Yes, because the cops can't be everywhere and catch everybody who commits a crime. We need to keep the religion in place to keep people in line subconciously. For instance, someone who works with very little supervision if any at all, would be less likely to swindle or steal if they thought they would go to Hell for it, especially with all the soft and weak punishments and little deterrent we have in our country at the present.

And you must have an exceptional group of christians working with you.
Yes, they are an exception to the rule you could say.

I've known many who were not so........saintly?
Yes, me too, which is one of the reasons why I turned my back on religion in the first place.

Many will look with there eyes but will not see, and will listen with their ears but not hear

sounds like a get out of jail free card to me :yes:

sounds like a get out of jail free card to me :yes:

'Many are called, few are chosen.'

'He who knows does not speak, he who speaks does not know.'

'He who knows does not speak, he who speaks does not know.'

^^^^^

Ironic, ain't it.......

^^^^^

Ironic, ain't it.......

It's a paradox, if you don't speak to God or yourself, what DO you know but irony.

It's a paradox, if you don't speak to God or yourself, what DO you know but irony.
maybe you only need to speak to other real people insted of fairytale gods or voices in your head no irony in that

Anyway isn’t talking to your self a sign of madness? Maybe religion falls into the same category I don’t know but both require you to talk without answers and answer without knowing

and as for inane quotes here’s one for you ask the right questions get the right answers ( Homer Simpson’s The simsons Sky TV maybe given enough time man will create a new religion based on homers values and call them self’s the Simsonites now there’s a Religion I will accept as true) All hail Homer King of Kings

:D:D