Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

There is no god!

WongFeiHung

:lol: How is feeling sad for someone called pride?

BTW: Even though I am not a Christian I was doing the Christian thing :rolleyes:

Where is your Christianity?

This circumstance shows pride because I said it enough that it was my choice to stop looking at other religions and all of asudden you feel sad for me. What if, because you refuse to believe in a god, I called you close minded and that I felt sad for you. When you say, "I feel sad for you," how do you think it makes someone feel. 'like a fool.' A fool is the least of men and to call someone a fool shows some degree of pride. The Christian thing is not making someone feel foolish, but to rather pick them up when they are down, fill them with wisdom while they're humble. Openly pitying someone is almost the same as ridicule in public eyes. If you feel sad for me, tell me in private, if you can't, then lets keep this civil, please.

God bless

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• hyperactive

• zandore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

....how do you think it makes someone feel. 'like a fool.' A fool is the least of men and to call someone a fool shows some degree of pride.
WTF?

Just where did I call you a fool?

If you feel sad for me, tell me in private,
Unlike you apparently I have nothing to hide.

god is real. it's religion that is fake.

god is real. it's religion that is fake.

really? and which god is that? (i know, the god you have created a construct of, of course!)

really? and which god is that? (i know, the god you have created a construct of, of course!)

good evening, hyper, buddy. I thought i explained what I "believe" in. i quote myself.

The God I believe in is GREATER than the Universe. The next time you look up in the night sky, think about what you see. You are not just seeing stars, you are seeing galaxies, billions of them, each of which contains billions of stars! Whatever set all this in motion is God, and that is the same force that maintains the electrons spinning around the nuclei of every atom, and determines the content of that nucleus. Such a force or being could not possibly be contained or limited by petty human beliefs. Such a being is intelligence all our imaginings. This being is not stupid. If you want to call it Jesus, Buddha, YHVH, Allah, or Shiva, or Fred,it understands. If you close your hand, and grasp a bit of air, it contains, for a moment, billions of subatomic particles, each of which contains a bit of the essence of the One, which was theirs from the Big Bang to the Heat Entropy which will eventually end this petty universe. Love? Why would that be? Love is not even close to the power of such a being. Christians and others, that suppose that this Being was somehow incarnate in a man-you are not even close to comprehending the true mystery! The Divine Spark is in all of us! We are all "begotten" sons of God. As I said before, the real God understands when you speak to it whatever name you call-all gods are merely a reflection of the real thing.

As an occultist, I have to accept that whatever you send out will be reflected in what appears to you. the form is "constructed", if you will, will be filled by the "real" thing, which, according to occult philosophy, we can't know directly. but it doesn;t matter, it will come to you according to your beliefs. I was not "born" into a religious faith like most here. my parents were atheists (my mom still alive at 81). I found my own path and like it. I have communicated to many various forms of "God", but they are all the same one, in my point of view. I accept that Moses saw something, and Buddha, too. I don;t try to impress my point of view on others, but I love a little debate.

:innocent: I guess there is no higher being after all. The concept of religion is a positive energy, a way to live yr life by. It never actually existed until ppl began to believe in it. Once that happened, it began to become real by using the positive energies from the ppl's beliefs. & then it continued to grow into what we have today.

TeraLink Was Here! ;)

you guys seem to come up with these theories that don't make sense just so you have some reason not to believe in God.

:tu: i agree with not pressing one's views on others.

I say everything seen by Buddha and Abraham (and all the others) were self induced hallucinations and nothing more. People create their gods. When it comes to buddhism however i prefer the "true" path in which there is no god! (no need for the hindu influece)

I say everything seen by Buddha and Abraham (and all the others) were self induced hallucinations and nothing more. People create their gods. When it comes to buddhism however i prefer the "true" path in which there is no god! (no need for the hindu influece)

but as an occultist i insist that they were seeing a reflection of the real thing.and siddharta gautama never denied the gods, just stated that enlightenment was more important than worrying about who created what.

Exod. 24:9,10; Amos 9:1; Gen. 26:2; and John 14:9

God CAN be seen:

"And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my backparts." (Ex. 33:23)

"And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to his friend." (Ex. 33:11)

"For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." (Gen. 32:30)

maybe but I think he meant in a different way which seemed like it was face to face, God probably did something cool like making his stick turn into a snake and that was enough proof so it was like face to face with God, they talked many times Moses and God

1000's of times of God doing stuff was hallucinations, EVERYTHING, ok, keep blocking everything about God you're doing a fine job.

I find myself intrigued by creation myths and other origin stories from other cultures and civilizations. I know people will believe wholeheartedly that the world started just like Genesis says it did, but then you start looking at all the other beliefs there have been and the similiarities of some of the stories and whatall.. Seems silly to me that people don't want to consider the possibility that it's just a story once told to explain how things got going simply because science wasn't something like we have now, with explainations that have come from experimentation and research. Everything they couldn't "know" they gave to gods to deal with, i guess. They had no means to answer questions like we can now. And we still have questions that may never be solved.

Maybe that's the point, though. Never stop asking, never stop looking. Always want to learn more, become more.

Maybe if god really did make us in his image, then perhaps that's what he hopes we all become..gods who will build new universes...

okay, now I'm just getting fictional...

ok, just because we make pictures of whatever we like that means we want it to copy it? if you make a picture of a bug you want it to fly? that makes no sense.

Also you say "people back then didn't have science to think about blah blah blah"

we still aren't advanced, people will be above us in the future and will think we were wrong because they are more advanced than us, and someone will think they are higher and smarter and think they're right in the future, and it goes on and on forever! it can't be stopped, probably in a 50 years they will think apples are meat or who knows what, the smarter future people always think they know the answers better than past people and I'm sure someone years ahead of now will be thinking scientists now are wrong.

put yourself in people's shoes, how would you feel being Moses or someone and people in the future saying "He's wrong because he was born in a dumb time period"

that's basically what you're all saying, well most.

some of us think that genesis validates evolution, not the opposite. the only apparent mistake was the birds preceding land animals, otherwise it;s pretty close. this is of course if you understand that "yom" in hebrew didn't mean "day".

1000's of times of God doing stuff was hallucinations, EVERYTHING, ok, keep blocking everything about God you're doing a fine job.

which gods doing what? it is all a human creation. the old anecdotal approach :innocent::hmm:

i don't block anything of "gods", i recognize them for what they are: a human construct, an attribute, a fiction. They can be as real to someone as the toothfairy. Gods exist only in the thoughts of men. Keep blocking the truth, you are doing a fine job!

but as an occultist i insist that they were seeing a reflection of the real thing

real to them! people are quite good at thinking what they "see" is real.

some of us think that genesis validates evolution, not the opposite. the only apparent mistake was the birds preceding land animals, otherwise it;s pretty close. this is of course if you understand that "yom" in hebrew didn't mean "day".

Even without that, evolution fits. A day to the Lord is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like a day.

ANd if you understand anything at all about numbers in the Bible, it doesn't have to be a literal "thousand years", but rather a thousand (or multiples thereof) is simply symbolic of a large, but ultimately finite period of time.

Some food for thought :tu:

Regards, PA

Edited by Paranoid Android

People see God as a being, some like to worship the sun & the moon as their form of God, others have different ideas, that is what makes it intresting and again is why it is known as a faith.

If I didn't have faith in something and had nothing to believe in..i'd go mad

I think that nearly everyone believes in something..!

maybe but I think he meant in a different way which seemed like it was face to face, God probably did something cool like making his stick turn into a snake and that was enough proof so it was like face to face with God, they talked many times Moses and God

Where in the Bible does it say this? :hmm:

Hey zandore, guess what - I agree with you on this *cue dramatic music*

Man has seen God before - the OT is full of occassions where he does. It was a different era when God was visibly leading his people (I almost used the word "actively" leading, but you might misunderstand what I meant - I hope visibly is clearer to understand).

I think only Moses ever truly saw God (though an argument can be made for Peter and John seeing the transfiguration of Jesus) up on Mt Sinai, his face came back in sheer radiance of reflected GOd, that would blind those who looked upon him. All other mentions it was a physical manifestation of God in some way, a burning bush, a pillar of fire/smoke, a man with the physical constitution to wrestle all night. All other mention of man meeting God, God has been a representation of some form, which was the point I think that wots-his-name was trying to make when he said no one has seen God.

Just my humble opinion.

Regards, PA

Edited by Paranoid Android

:lol:

You did know when the Israelites were leaving Egypt, God was with them, as a cloud by day, and pillar of fire by night. God stayed with them for the next 40years as they wandered the wilderness.

Of course you knew that!

No mushies I'm afraid, though it'd make for some interesting stories, I'm sure.

Regards, PA

as a cloud, as a whisp of wind.... all just colourful stories. of course, there is also the issue of the evolution of man at play! man had to develop the ability to understand the "source" for voices in his head.

as a cloud, as a whisp of wind.... all just colourful stories. of course, there is also the issue of the evolution of man at play! man had to develop the ability to understand the "source" for voices in his head.

You make the assumption that these are nothing but a madman's ramblings. Let it suffice that I disagree.

Regards, PA

Hey zandore, guess what - I agree with you on this *cue dramatic music*

Man has seen God before - the OT is full of occassions where he does. It was a different era when God was visibly leading his people (I almost used the word "actively" leading, but you might misunderstand what I meant - I hope visibly is clearer to understand).

I think only Moses ever truly saw God (though an argument can be made for Peter and John seeing the transfiguration of Jesus) up on Mt Sinai, his face came back in sheer radiance of reflected GOd, that would blind those who looked upon him. All other mentions it was a physical manifestation of God in some way, a burning bush, a pillar of fire/smoke, a man with the physical constitution to wrestle all night. All other mention of man meeting God, God has been a representation of some form, which was the point I think that wots-his-name was trying to make when he said no one has seen God.

Just my humble opinion.

Regards, PA

PA your comments support your beleive structure , you are demonstrating your understanding of god, the bible shows the ignorance of man more than anything else (ignorance in what he doesn't get or wants to) basically, this is a lesser god IMO , Its a journalling of how man comes to understand himself and handles himself and as you can see he hasn't gotten to far. Namaste Sheri

Whatever Sheri - I'm just saying what works for me. Yes, it is my understanding of God. In your opinion, it is a lesser God. To me, it is the only God.

I know we're not going to see eye to eye on this, I'm just saying what I believe.

Regards, PA

PA I know you beleive in the bible God, As opposed to all the other Gods to beleive in why this one???You have said on a few occassions you have studied so many relgions correct and settled on Christianity, the vengeful needy, egotistaical God who needs I mean needs worship or else??? I'm curious. namaste Sheri :D

It's a matter of perception. The words that you ascribe to the Bible God:

the vengeful needy, egotistaical God who needs I mean needs worship or else

I would never use myself. My Bible God is a God of love and mercy and justice and righteousness, who was willing to sacrifice everything for me.

Regards, PA