Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
WongFeiHung

There is no god!

1,104 posts in this topic

777MileStare

maybe you only need to speak to other real people insted of fairytale gods or voices in your head no irony in that

Anyway isn’t talking to your self a sign of madness? Maybe religion falls into the same category I don’t know but both require you to talk without answers and answer without knowing

and as for inane quotes here’s one for you ask the right questions get the right answers ( Homer Simpson’s The simsons Sky TV maybe given enough time man will create a new religion based on homers values and call them self’s the Simsonites now there’s a Religion I will accept as true) All hail Homer King of Kings

:D:D

But there is no fairytale god or gods- and no fairytale voices. What it is- whatever you think it is IN my head, I have absolutely no clue. This is about 'there is no God'- and I continue with that issue, and if you tell me to talk to someone real - the irony is as plain as day. What you think is real has it's own irony no different from me. If you don't understand that praying to God ( yeah ironic isn't it? ) is probably no different a thing than 'talking' to God - why is it you feel so much better when your around a few dozen people in a church and you focus your attention to someone or something that ISN'T human?

So that isn't a sign of madness that a whole bunch of people get together in a building on a Sunday morning or for other people sometimes anywhere at any given time and pray to a God? NO of course not.

Your all alone at night and before you go to bed - you pray - (no not madness not talking to yourself or God ) but you have to use your voice don't you?

Oh!!! the madness!! the madness!!!

So here is a quote - Ive used it before - Unquestioned answers are more dangerous than unanswered questions.

Big cheese
But there is no fairytale god or gods- and no fairytale voices. What it is- whatever you think it is IN my head, I have absolutely no clue. This is about 'there is no God'- and I continue with that issue, and if you tell me to talk to someone real - the irony is as plain as day. What you think is real has it's own irony no different from me. If you don't understand that praying to God ( yeah ironic isn't it? ) is probably no different a thing than 'talking' to God - why is it you feel so much better when your around a few dozen people in a church and you focus your attention to someone or something that ISN'T human?

So that isn't a sign of madness that a whole bunch of people get together in a building on a Sunday morning or for other people sometimes anywhere at any given time and pray to a God? NO of course not.

Your all alone at night and before you go to bed - you pray - (no not madness not talking to yourself or God ) but you have to use your voice don't you?

Oh!!! the madness!! the madness!!!

So here is a quote - Ive used it before - Unquestioned answers are more dangerous than unanswered questions.

With regards to voices in your head i was genralising i wasn’t being specific to you

And you say that praying to god is no different to talking to god but if god doesn’t exists both would mean you are talking to your self as is the case from my perspective to me I could as easily talk to a plank of wood as I could talk to god and get the same response and meaning which would be nothing (for me)

Before I go to bed no I don’t pray because I don’t believe

And as for quotes it seems to me that religious types are far too quick to quote meaningless vague cop out quotes to justify the fact that some people see thorough religions falseness and see it for what it really is, a moral and social framework and nothing else

Your reply is a little confusing im still not sure whether you are saying you are a believer or not at some points you read as thoe you believe and others that you don’t which is it? And your use of the word irony is out of context

Yeah I really believe in God he has changed my life (Irony)

:tu:

Paranoid Android

How true and that is a pre equisite of religion, die to be right namaste sheri

One would think it is a pre-requisite of life that we will die, not of religion..........

777MileStare

With regards to voices in your head i was genralising i wasn’t being specific to you

And you say that praying to god is no different to talking to god but if god doesn’t exists both would mean you are talking to your self as is the case from my perspective to me I could as easily talk to a plank of wood as I could talk to god and get the same response and meaning which would be nothing (for me)

Before I go to bed no I don’t pray because I don’t believe

And as for quotes it seems to me that religious types are far too quick to quote meaningless vague cop out quotes to justify the fact that some people see thorough religions falseness and see it for what it really is, a moral and social framework and nothing else

Your reply is a little confusing im still not sure whether you are saying you are a believer or not at some points you read as thoe you believe and others that you don’t which is it? And your use of the word irony is out of context

Yeah I really believe in God he has changed my life (Irony)

:tu:

First off, I'm a non-religious person and I don't believe in God religiously any more. I do beleive that someday or today/anyday,if there was something very spiritual in nature without religion and someone could call it a God I would have to see or hear it to believe it.

So I am skeptical about the moral and social network that religion is and how God plays a role in it first off for so many, for me it's a spiritual instinct to see through the falseness beyond the religion. So there is a mid-point for a lot of issues.

You say you could talk to a plank of would just as easy as you could talk to God right? Where is it easy if all you know to identify what God is, starts on a food chain. Where do you begin after a block of wood?