Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

There is no god!

WongFeiHung

Hi Matthew,

People only see a God who killed people with the flood and don't look at his reasons behind it. They also don't know why God would send his son to die for us. I mean it is just what they view our God as-a blood thristy killer. Which you and I both know that God is not a blood thristy but a God with power and rules with sovereignty.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• hyperactive

• zandore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe some of you have a wrong impression of God. The God you speak of, I don't believe that either. My God, the Father in Heaven, who sent His son Jesus Christ to die on a cross, is much different than some of the descriptions I have read here

So you are in essence saying that the Bible is lying? Everything that I mentioned about your god and your religion is backed by your book of mythology and recorded history...I fail to see any love in your god, and find it ludicrous that he had to sacrifice himself to himself so that he would not have to condemn his beloved creations to the eternal fires of hell! As the old computers used to say, "DOES NOT COMPUTE, DOES NOT COMPUTE"! I don't need to know more, I have studied your religion extensively and find it to be contrived, illogical, and (in my opinion) a fraud. Tell you what, you start the prayers and maybe I'll join you later....don't hold your breath, I don't really like talking to myself. no.gif

101, as I have pointed out numerous times, the Creator of everything could have merely tailored a Human specific, 100% fatal virus, made Noah and compamy immune and then released it. No need to destroy all life...Blood thirsty is the word that comes to mind! yes.gif

101 and Matthew its you who is deluded the bible is clear if you had read it it would be clear to you , Matthew i am not religious myself and many others around here are specifiacally saying we do not beleive in a bible God not one of you has ever cared what we believed or asked you only care about pushing A god that doesn't exist, we aren't buying!! that is all not a single one of is doing Bad things quite the contrrary and I ask that you inquire as to what kind of people we are without religion??I do alot of humanitarian works with my life because i choose to I care about the planet and the people in it and I think I am one with everyone I don't think I know it all I know there is much i haven't remembered, My life lived is my testimony to divinity as is everyone elses, If yo truly understood "God" which is another word for unconditional love which is free eternal and infinite by definition you would not be proclaiming yourself to "Know " God God cannot be proven kids. there is much you don't know, Why are you angry??? Why are you defending your God Do you think that all that is would need you to defend it?? namaste sheri

101, as I have pointed out numerous times, the Creator of everything could have merely tailored a Human specific, 100% fatal virus, made Noah and compamy immune and then released it.  No need to destroy all life...Blood thirsty is the word that comes to mind!  yes.gif

797569[/snapback]

Yes Dear I understand. But I don't know Noah or the people of that time in particular. Or the animals. Maybe the animals were going to die anyways of diseases that evil man gave them. And Noah got the pure "clean" and "unclean" animals. I don't know why God did it but there had to be a reason. yes.gif

Yep, there is a reason, the OT was written by a bunch of Bronze Age savages that didn't know about microbes or genetics or any other science - they thought rabbits chewed their cud, bats were fowls and insects had only four legs. They wrote about what they knew, which shows that the bible is not the word of god, but only another silly book of mythology. Sorry, I had to tell you that, but we all need to quit believing in Santa and the Tooth Fairy. yes.gif

It's much easier to believe that there is no God or God is fake. If that's your way of thinking, it allows you a safety to continue living the way that you are. It allows you to sin, and not feel guilty about it. It allows you to be as promiscuous as you see fit with no accountability. Your rant did nothing to sway my beliefs, as I would expect that what I say may not change your beliefs. I respect your opinion, but as a Christian, I can't say that I agree with it. If you would like to talk about our differences sometime, please let me know. Always up for a good discussion.

797532[/snapback]

So you automatically assume that people who don't believe in your god are bad sinful people? why is that? What made you become a christian? have you ever looked at other religions?

101 Can there ever be a justifieable reason for killing??Come on think about it You will find you need no OUTSIDE authority to give you directions no higher source to supply you with the answers If you think about it if you look to see how you feel about it the answers will be obvious to you , and you will act accordingly, This is called acting on your own authority?? What does your own authority tell you about A god that kills HIS creations?? namaste sheri

Hey Sherri, Sweetie I am not angry with you or anyone else. I hope no one thinks I am mad at them. I personally tell my daughter about God. But in ways she can understand. But it is like that with anything you just explain things to a child in a way they think of it.

I personally don't know why God killed his creation but I know that if I seen a person killing another and I were on the jury I would give them the death penalty. No other justice would suffice in my eyes. Unless it were a child.

I also would like to answer your question about why I do not ask abnout what you believe in. I have asked my friends on here before about their beliefs but only when they interest me. I have asked Hyper,Zandore,and SilverCougar. Also JMPd. They all are very different and I love them all with a passion. I just haven't asked you because I am unsure of what you believe.

101 thats kool not everyone is interested in everyone, I'm not offended by it, Its a huge misconception that the only way to be aqgood person is to be Christian or some other religion, More often then not the relifious person isn't a good person by there own admission and they are striving everyday to be good to cleanse of their sins through Gods forgiveness, I'm suggesting because of personal experience goodness is a state of being its not something you do its something you are and when you realize this everything you do is good and for the bettterment of mankind, all your choices are choices based in love. I see religoon as the impossible route to living a life thats a benefit to myself and all others I have read the bible lots of bibles , this is why it doesn't inspire me it doesn't teach me to value myself love myself it teaches fear and worship, I know that worship and fear are dangerous,I want to use my life on purpose for a purpose wher it contributes , choosing a belif system is serious yo will become that beleif system and what I'm wondering i s why would yo uwant low self esteem, justifiable homicide fear unworthiness ?? I don't understnd why anyone would choose that over love.

To a Christian God is love even with the fear you speak of and worship. But I know of people who are not religious by nop means who are wonderful. Even as a non believer a person reaps what they sow. and if they are mean to someone they must expect that back. It is the same with love I show love to people and hope they will recipricate back. But it is not always so.

“When I came to men, then found I them resting on an old infatuation: all of them thought they had long known what was good and bad for men.

“An old wearisome business seemed to them all talk of virtue; and he who wished to sleep well spoke of "good" and "bad" before retiring to rest.

“This somnolence did I disturb when I taught that no one yet knows what is good and bad:- unless it be the Creator!

“It is he, however, who creates man's goal, and gives to the earth its meaning and its future: he only effects it that anything is good or bad.

“And I bade them upset their old academic chairs, and wherever that old infatuation had sat; I bade them laugh at their great moralists, their saints, their poets, and their saviors.

“At their gloomy sages did I bid them laugh, and whoever had sat admonishing as a black scarecrow on the tree of life.

“On their great grave-highway did I seat myself, and even beside the carrion and vultures- and I laughed at all their bygone and its mellow decaying glory.

“Like penitential preachers and fools did I cry wrath and shame on all their greatness and smallness. Oh, that their best is so very small! Oh, that their worst is so very small! Thus did I laugh.

“Thus did my wise longing, born in the mountains, cry and laugh in me; a wild wisdom, verily!- my great pinion-rustling longing.

“And oft did it carry me off and up and away and in the midst of laughter; then flew I quivering like an arrow with sun-intoxicated rapture:

“Out into distant futures, which no dream has yet seen, into warmer souths than ever sculptor conceived,- where gods in their dancing are ashamed of all clothes:

“(That I may speak in parables and halt and stammer like the poets: and verily I am ashamed that I have still to be a poet!)

“Where all becoming seemed to me dancing of gods, and wantoning of gods, and the world unloosed and unbridled and fleeing back to itself:

“As an eternal self-fleeing and re-seeking of one another of many gods, as the blessed self-contradicting, recommuning, and refraternising with one another of many gods:

“Where all time seemed to me a blessed mockery of moments, where necessity was freedom itself, which played happily with the goad of freedom:-

“Where I also found again my old devil and arch-enemy, the spirit of gravity, and all that it created: constraint, law, necessity and consequence and purpose and will and good and evil:

“For must there not be that which is danced over, danced beyond? Must there not, for the sake of the nimble, the nimblest,- be moles and clumsy dwarfs?

“There was it also where I picked up from the path the word "Superman," and that man is something that must be overcome.

“That man is a bridge and not a goal- rejoicing over his noontides and evenings, as advances to new rosy dawns!”

I know that in the bible God has done many things that I don't understand, but He does. That's why He is God and we are not. Things happen for a reason, a reason that we may not always need or want to know. But the God of the New Testament is a God of grace and mercy. That's all I'm saying. Alot of what people talk about is from the Old Testament.

know that in the bible God has done many things that I don't understand, but He does. That's why He is God and we are not.

I see the problem, you and 101 are going on the assumption that the God in the bible is real! That explains a lot....no worry, he is fake. The real God is nothing like the one worshipped by the followers of the bible.

But the God of the New Testament is a God of grace and mercy.

See, there is proof that the god of the bible is fake! You say god is unchanging, yet he changed from the OT to the NT. From bloody thirsty despot to loving blood thirsty despot that demanded the sacrifice of his son (who was somehow himself) in order to be bribed into not tormenting his creations for eternity (Here Johnny, here is a nice cookie if you will quit tormenting the cat)!

just stating my belief, as each person here is entitled to do

Yep, unless you lived under the theocracy that was imposed by the Christian religion for nearly 1 and a half millenia. stating your belief then could have gotten you barbequed or worse! yes.gif

“There was it also where I picked up from the path the word "Superman," and that man is something that must be overcome.

You know I got something from each and every beautiful words that you write Loge and sometimes I don't know if I interpret the way you wish it should be. But I find that the statement above is saying that we should not act as gods and are not super human because then in itself we would be commiting sin. original.gif

But thanks to the grace and mercy of God, I can express my beliefs without the fear of death. At least in this country that is. There are many parts of the world where people can be killed for admitting they believe in Jesus. I lost a good friend in South America a few years ago who was there as a missionary and he was killed by a group of people there because he was a believer. Dude, if you don't believe in God, that's fine, I have tried to tell you about Him, and that's all I can do. I can't beat you over the head with it. I'll just keep you in my prayers.

To a Christian God is love even with the fear you speak of and worship. But I know of people who are not religious by nop means who are wonderful. Even as a non believer a person reaps what they sow. and if they are mean to someone they must expect that back. It is the same with love I show love to people and hope they will recipricate back. But it is not always so.

797664[/snapback]

WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND WHAT YOU REAP IS WHAT YOU SOW IS A UNIVERSAL LAW IT APPLIES NO MATTER IF YOU ARE RELIGIOUS OR NOT,If you are living your life conciously you will see this as plain as day, 101 Love is sufficent unto itself it needs nothing , you understand things in the context of conditons I speaking of things from the awareness of uncoditional, From that perspective Killin g would never be justified or used as a means of conflict resolution of course there mAy be an exception but rarley, would choose to believe in a God that is Visible and has no secrets, its like letting your kid watch wrestling and wonder why they wrestle or let your kids play violent video games and woinder why they are the school bully, kids do learn by images and the company they keep the bible is the same , the new testament isn't any better Matthew God doesn't grant grace and mercy only the bible would tell you that to keep you thinking you needed something. Belive what you want but you can't expect people who SEE THE truth to pat you on the back its serious stuff religion and dangerous, 101 would you give your daughter matches A nd expect her not to hurt herself, its the same with the bible as a mother I wouldn't let my kids knowingly hurt themselves . Namste sheri

But thanks to the grace and mercy of God

Actually through the grace and mercy of the Deist, Christian and Jewish forefathers of America.

There are many parts of the world where people can be killed for admitting they believe in Jesus.

And there are places in many parts of this world where people can be killed for admitting they don't believe in Jesus - I spent some time in Serbia and saw the results of the Christian ethnic cleansing.

I lost a good friend in South America a few years ago who was there as a missionary and he was killed by a group of people there because he was a believer

I held the body of a two-year old in my arms that was killed by Serbian Christians because her village and family were Moslems, the sword of religious prejudice cuts both ways.

Dude, if you don't believe in God, that's fine, I have tried to tell you about Him, and that's all I can do

Ah but I do believe in a god, the Deist Creator, and I have tried to show you how patently fake the Christian God is and tell you about the Creator, that is all I can do!

I can't beat you over the head with it

If only the other Christians of this board would be so kind. I promise not to beat your over the head with the Creator.

I'll just keep you in my prayers.

As long as they are directed to the Creator, I wouldn't want you talking to yourself no.gif

Mako, I appreciate it.. You know you're right about it being both ways. Christians are just as bad sometimes. There are tons of radicals out there, I'll admit that. But that's not what the bible teaches. And I know there are radical Muslims out there, and that's not what the Quaran teaches either. I respect what you say brother and I am thankful for good conversation.

Thank God for you Matthewgoad....Seriously....You're trully a blessing.

But thanks to the grace and mercy of God, I can express my beliefs without the fear of death. At least in this country that is. There are many parts of the world where people can be killed for admitting they believe in Jesus. I lost a good friend in South America a few years ago who was there as a missionary and he was killed by a group of people there because he was a believer. Dude, if you don't believe in God, that's fine, I have tried to tell you about Him, and that's all I can do. I can't beat you over the head with it. I'll just keep you in my prayers.

797698[/snapback]

Edited by endlessgirl

Sherri I said a non believer even reaps what they sow. Maybe you misread my post. But I seen it plain as day because I wrote it to begin with silly.

I actually wrote this very statement in my post: Even as a non believer a person reaps what they sow.

But I would not allow my child to play with matches. But I do teach her the Bible. I teach her about the fruits of the spirit, Noah and other things. A child understands better then we ever would think. It is not dangerous unless it is used for evil. People don't kill homosexuals anymore because the Bible says so in one verse. They kill becauise they do not condone what they do. That in itself is wrong.

Matthew its by the grace of man you can have beelifs and not die for them but that is not the rule America is no different then ask someone who lives in the white surpremisist area and is black?? ASk the boy that was tortured for being gay Matthew shepard in the U.s. Man has grown very litlte in the wy of Love have you asked Why?? Look to the bible you are only as evolved as the systems you beleive in beleiefs are your behavior. its as simple as that that is why I stand so lound for the end of religion as it currently stands, it needs to be outgrown we need a new religon based in only Uncoditional love what do you stand for??Do you plan to have children?? what kind of legacy do you want to leave them the bible??? It simply shows the cruelty of man who doesn't get his way will do anything to stay in power is this the kind of person you want to be??? God is wearing a costume called man.

I would be honored to have my children grow up reading the bible, knowing about Jesus at an early age. I only wish I could have done that. The bible is wonderful, and I read it as often as I can. I am thankful that the words of Jesus were written down in the bible, just as i write them in my heart as I read them.

Sherri I said a non believer even reaps what they sow. Maybe you misread my post. But I seen it plain as day because I wrote it to begin with silly.

I actually wrote this very statement in my post:  Even as a non believer a person reaps what they sow.

But I would not allow my child to play with matches. But I do teach her the Bible. I teach her about the fruits of the spirit, Noah and other things. A child understands better then we ever would think. It is not dangerous unless it is used for evil. People don't kill homosexuals anymore because the Bible says so in one verse. They kill becauise they do not condone what they do. That in itself is wrong.

797741[/snapback]

101 if this were true that homosexuals were not being killed anymore it is not because of the bible its because of the people who have been outraged by that treatment to anyone, Its beause of the people who have siad the bible is wrong in its teaching of the discrimination of gays , the bible is dangerous and it has been used for evil can you tell me a time when it hasn't been used for evil???