Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Time and Death

Event Horizon

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yelekiah

• Quantem Singularity

• zephyr

• Zoso

Time doesn't apply in dreams, or during drug usage. Do you equate that to death? In my opinion, time does not stop and it doesn't flow anyway.

I'd imagine that when you are 'dead', unless you believe in an afterlife, it is like being put under anesthetic for surgery. You have no awareness of time, or of even being alive and existant. It's not like you are just sitting there, unable to speak, or move, or see, in the darkness, for all eternity.

That's why death as the end of consciousness doesn't scare me. I mean, it's not like you'll notice that you're dead.

Well, you wouldn't be aware of time because time is related to perception and the nervous system. And when you're dead, your nervous system should not be operating.

When you die I think time is something that happens on Earth But in Heaven you never age or anything. So maybe time is still there but it doesn't effect us any. It is possible that time exists post -mortum but we won't know that until we die.

The answer to this question will be based largely on your spiritual view of life after death (or the non-existence thereof). Personally, I believe that when my body dies, my spirit will live on in another realm, a spirit realm (for the sake of argument I'll call it heaven). In this realm, time is a non-issue. It is irrelevant, it may as well not exist. As spirit entities, we would live outside of time.

It's hard to explain further, because I honestly don't know. This is just my opinion based on my view of who God is, and what happens when we die.

Regards, PA

"Time is a continuous passage of existence in which events pass from a state of potentiality in the future, through the present, to a state of finality in the past"

When you die there is no past, present or future, so therefore time would not exist.

When you die there is no past, present or future, so therefore time would not exist.

If there is no past when you die, then where has our time on earth gone? The universe would be missing time if our past ceased to exist, or not somehow accounted for in the new equations. Since our life is the past of our death, then as far as we are concerned, ther's definately a past in death. :hmm:

How are we even argueing about this? In every case of death and becoming alive again they said that they saw colors, faces of loved ones. true time may be distorted, time passes more slowly when you are traveling fast, but it wouldn't stop.

I contradicted myself.

Edited by Quantem Singularity

I just had an epiphany, so bear with me. Sound, under certain circumstances, has recently been discovered to travel faster than the speed of light. Therefore, radio waves is one way to travel in time.

If they are bent over and over again they will(with powerful lasers).

So all we need to do is find a way to attach atoms.

So all we need to do is find a way to attach atoms.

First step is to create a quantum computer, and attach the atoms. It will take a loooong time. However, if we create a time machine, that wouldn't matter.

But we will only be able to trans port non living things. other wise, much like what happens in a black hole, you become a string of atoms :no: thanks.

we would have to send a radio wave with a wave the size of a planet to create a possible "organic" time shift.

but we would be able to camunicate to the past and or furture that had another of these machines to decode the waves.

and antoher thing we would need another machine to unscramble the waves, which explains why we have had no contact.

Not necessarily. We have particles within us. Quantum particles can travel in time, so it's feasible.

It will likely fail the first 2 million times, but eventually, I think we'll get the hang of it.

you can't stop time, but you could make yourself move faster to make time appear to move slower.

which again state that moving faster makes time around you move slower

Edited by Quantem Singularity