Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S guns coming into Canada

DR. YO

Yeah.. because well.. we all no it's the canadians comming here to the US for life saving surgeries.. no.. wait.. other way around. Americans are always going to Canada for these surgeries..

And.. people from China keep comming to the US for stem cell treatment to beable to walk again... No.. wait again, I have that mixed up... it's Americans going to China for the stem cell treatment so they can walk again..

I think it's Canada that has come through with quite the few medical breakthroughs as well... without the years long debates over "It's wrong because it goes against our religious views!!" or whatever...

Canada was even one of the first countries ready the day after Katrina hit to send help... It only took three or so weeks for the government to finaly let them...

Canada allowes medical marajuana... meanwhile we're still argueing about it and passing laws left and right because the population is fed BS about it to fear it...

Though it needs a bit of a rework... Canada has health care for *all* of it's people. So people who can't afford health care is taken care of... Here.. no insurance.. it costs you an arm and a leg to get health care.

This is only a few. I'm sure people who actually live in canada can come up with a few more things...

And yes I tossed China in... *shrugs* Just because it's another country that allows scientific reseach to happen and treatments to be avalible without a religious bickerfest like we have here in the states.

Oh and to add.. Canada gives *EVERYONE* equal rights... unlike here...

Edited by SilverCougar

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rocky4

• Jodie.Lynne

• __Kratos__

• SilverCougar

One must always be aware of what one says. It will come back to bite you in the ass.....

editted for damned caps lock.

Your lack of patriotism disgusts me.

your lack of common sense disgusts me son.

Grow up and learn.

Yeah.. because well.. we all no it's the canadians comming here to the US for life saving surgeries.. no.. wait.. other way around. Americans are always going to Canada for these surgeries..

And.. people from China keep comming to the US for stem cell treatment to beable to walk again... No.. wait again, I have that mixed up... it's Americans going to China for the stem cell treatment so they can walk again..

I think it's Canada that has come through with quite the few medical breakthroughs as well... without the years long debates over "It's wrong because it goes against our religious views!!" or whatever...

Canada was even one of the first countries ready the day after Katrina hit to send help... It only took three or so weeks for the government to finaly let them...

Canada allowes medical marajuana... meanwhile we're still argueing about it and passing laws left and right because the population is fed BS about it to fear it...

Though it needs a bit of a rework... Canada has health care for *all* of it's people. So people who can't afford health care is taken care of... Here.. no insurance.. it costs you an arm and a leg to get health care.

This is only a few. I'm sure people who actually live in canada can come up with a few more things...

And yes I tossed China in... *shrugs* Just because it's another country that allows scientific reseach to happen and treatments to be avalible without a religious bickerfest like we have here in the states.

Oh and to add.. Canada gives *EVERYONE* equal rights... unlike here...

I am not sure if you are being sarcastic. It is canadians that come here for our technology,

and stem cell research is conducted in our country.

Actually.. stem cell research is conducted... but the actual harvesting(very hard to) and treatments arn't. because people think it's ungodly and thus the problem.

And well, no.. not really more Americans end up going to Canada for health care treatments and whatnot. ;)

Patriotism for this country is like respect... earned. And it hasn't earned mine.

Canada is a leading nation in Reasearch in Stem Cells.

Canada is a leading nation in Computer Production.

Oh and about how Canada needs the US or we would be nothing. You do know the top things Canada gives the us is natural Resources, Hydro, OIL, Metal, WATER, etc so with out Canada the US would be in a tough spot right now. Not To mention with out Canada the Atomic Bomb would not have been produced on time.

Hmm, we WERE in bosnia. We are in afganistan, we currently are sending around 2000 soldiers to Kandahar for the Provincial Reconstruction Team, where the US only had 200.

Also we bought Used subs because it was cheeper then designing new ones, at the time.

Your ignorance disgusts me.

~Thanato

American citizens are smuggling guns into Canada..........

It took a U.S. border guard to catch a suicide bomber on the U.S./Canadian border who had designs on killing thousands of people with explosives at LAX airport on the eve of the millenium.

The guy got right past Canadian border security.

Don't blame the U.S.

FIX YOUR BORDER SECURITY

We can't do everything ourselves.

Edited by truthorder

Yeah America is so evil and is the cause of the world's problems. :rolleyes: And my owning guns is the cause of all violent crime. Grow up and realize your own thugs are the problem and not the U.S. And Silver Cougar, if America p***es you off so much why not leave? You hold Canada in such high regard move there.

American citizens are smuggling guns into Canada..........

It took a U.S. border guard to catch a suicide bomber on the U.S./Canadian border who had designs on killing thousands of people with explosives at LAX airport on the eve of the millenium.

The guy got right past Canadian border security.

Don't blame the U.S.

FIX YOUR BORDER SECURITY

We can't do everything ourselves.

Nobody so far has denied these allegations. Just everything else. Panama! We never needed help in Panama. We were ousting one of our own "Puzzle Palace Spooks" and I remember seeing a "deuce in a half" transport full of Canadians in Bosnia with the 536th Engineers.

Lapi'che

Lets tone down the rhetoric a bit please, people and attempt to argue the merits and/or flaws of someone else's comments civily and respectfully. Leave the personal remarks out of the discussion if you wish to continue to participate.

MM

Piney this guy sign's as you do, Is he from your tribe? :blink:

And Silver Cougar, if America p***es you off so much why not leave? You hold Canada in such high regard move there.

How little you know of me. Anyone here who knows me knows I've been attempting to move from this country. But not to Canada. To cold. I hold many other countries with higher reguard over this one. ;)

Edited by SilverCougar

Lets tone down the rhetoric a bit please, people and attempt to argue the merits and/or flaws of someone else's comments civily and respectfully. Leave the personal remarks out of the discussion if you wish to continue to participate.

MM

With something as ridiculous as the first post in this thread, do you honestly expect most Americans to take it lightly?

Flame baiting isn't allowed in other forums.

Apparently it is in this one. :(

Ya can't have it both ways, guy.

Edited by truthorder

With something as ridiculous as the first post in this thread, do you honestly expect most Americans to take it lightly?

You know, when I went back to read the first post to see what the problem was, I saw this...

I can go over to really any store with guns... wal-mart, dick's, fleet farm and such... buy a rifle/shotgun, ammo, and everything as long as I have the money tonight.

....that honestly scares the living crap out of me...

Really?

You know what? I own a shotgun. I own a rifle.

I kill one deer per year with either one of those guns and the meat from that deer feeds my family for the entire winter. I save over $500 in food because of that.

If you want to say that's wrong, then say it's wrong. I don't care. But ask any one of my kids if they'd rather have a McDonald's hamburger or one of dad's grilled deer burgers and I GUARANTEE they'll be out near the grill handing me the charcoal.

I don't give a crap what you do with your rifle. I just find it horrifying that people can walk into wal-mart and buy one so long as they've got the money of them.

And then they wonder why the rest of the world thinks their gun laws are insane...

Really?

You know what? I own a shotgun. I own a rifle.

I kill one deer per year with either one of those guns and the meat from that deer feeds my family for the entire winter. I save over $500 in food because of that.

If you want to say that's wrong, then say it's wrong. I don't care. But ask any one of my kids if they'd rather have a McDonald's hamburger or one of dad's grilled deer burgers and I GUARANTEE they'll be out near the grill handing me the charcoal.

Mmm... venison. ^_^

I don't give a crap what you do with your rifle. I just find it horrifying that people can walk into wal-mart and buy one so long as they've got the money of them.

And then they wonder why the rest of the world thinks their gun laws are insane...

Well you need to be 18 or older. Not that it matters that much. Around this time of year, dads are always buying their growing boys new toys for hunting. It's a right we have to buy guns. This is the USA and being a different country tend to act differently towards different things then else place in the world.

But this thread is more about Canada blaming the US for it's problems rather then the criminals that commit the crimes. It's the person, not the nation that holds the criminal title. :tu:

You know...it interests me...Americans take any critisism of their actions instantly as "anti-american"...that's kind of like me hearing someone say "You know, I'm not fond of bagpipes", and me screaming "you're anti-scottish!"

I'll admit, I flat out hate the American gun laws...I think they're mad. And I'll never be able to see eye to eye with the gun fanatics, nor see why any sane human being would see a lethal weapon as a collectable. Does it mean I hate america? No...I can't exactly claim "bloody Americans" isn't a phrase I often use, but be that as it may, try not to be so thin skinned :P

...ya yank :P

Again.

Every other forum on this site, if you even come CLOSE to baiting, the thread gets closed.

But as soon as someone starts to bust up on Americans, everything is all okay.

It's a double standard.

It's ridiculous.

Again.

Every other forum on this site, if you even come CLOSE to baiting, the thread gets closed.

It's a double standard.

It's ridiculous.

It was an honest question. We're all discussing our opinions and thoughts on the matter. If the mods closed down every thread that made a country or countries look bad, this place would be a little dull without much life.

Never liked guns much anyways. Loud scary things.

truthorder...on a discussion forum, I'm afraid you're going to have to accept that there are some topics you're going to find inflamatory. That's the way it is....especially in this section. If there's a noteworthy event going on in the world, then it's going to be discussed, regardless of whether or not it offends your sensibilities.

If you're skin's too thin, then simply avoid reading threads in this section...America, as a major world power, is going to have a LOT of threads about it...especially given the slue of political changes occuring there as we speak.

Again.

It's a double standard.

It's ridiculous.

Oh wait... people are busting up Canada ... and this thread is still opened... and no one from Canada is whining about how the mods arn't closing it because of the flamitory comments made about their country...

OH SNAP!

You're right... the double standard is rediculous!

Again.

It's a double standard.

It's ridiculous.

i dunno, i kind of enjoy the baiting and underhanded comments that comes with the World Affairs section, I know i'm guilty of it, so are 99% of the other users.

i think perhaps such things come with political territory, and so long as it doesn't get out of hand its not too big an issue. I enjoy that the mods take a somewhat hands off approach to this section, simply because it promotes a good, honest (sometimes not so honest) discourse, and everyone is ultimately more informed as an end result, even if you sometimes have to wade through snide remarks to find it haha

Edited by bathory