Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Bush's religious fanacticism a danger?

iaapac

When he was Governor of Texas, George Bush told a friend that God wanted him to be president. He later told the Palestinian Prime Minister that God told him to attack Iraq. In 1993, just before running for governor of Texas, Mr. Bush told a Jewish reporter that only believers in Jesus go to heaven.

Given that part of the Christian history is a continual battle with Islamic nations and the suppoort of "God's chosen people" in Israel. A fundamentalist in power could easily interpret his responsibility to God as being the modern prophet in search of final victory, especially if he was so delusional that he truly believed that he was a political agent of God himself.

Considering Bush's fundamentalist beliefs and his declaration that he has a political mission for God, is he and his beliefs a danger to the United States and the world?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yelekiah

• Welsh Shaun

• iaapac

• joc

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked myself this question last night. And at times it seems like it is another Crusade. However, do you have a link where it proves that he said that (about attacking Iraq)? Some claim he was just taken out of context and was simply making a comment on his faith.

I asked myself this question last night. And at times it seems like it is another Crusade. However, do you have a link where it proves that he said that (about attacking Iraq)? Some claim he was just taken out of context and was simply making a comment on his faith.

There are many links but as you said, Yelekiah, the White House whitewashed it with the claim that it was taken out of context or it was due to bad translations.

Isnt he as bad as terroists who say they kill in the name of "GOD" If Jesus and God are on his side we are in big trouble. It worries me and yes I do think this is some crusade Bush wants to do. Maybe he has watched Kingdom of Heaven to much :blink:

It wont be long before he thinks "God" is telling him to invade Nth Korea or protect taiwan or something like that. Is he also acting like Hitler who apperantly said he was doing "Gods will"

On another quick point here in Australia they want to put the word "God" in our national anthem because "We are a christian country :innocent: ". Yes i am christian but i know we are far and few between with more and more nationalities and religions coming to Australia its hard to find a christian sometimes unless you know where to look. anyhoo quite a few people are upset about it.

bush is dangerous

Edited by jesspy

I agree.

I'm sorry, if he actually said these things or implied them even it would be quoted in every single newspaper across the world. All americans would be up in arms, leaders through out the middle east would be condeming Bush left right and centre.

Give me proof or go away.

Mr. Bush told a Jewish reporter that only believers in Jesus go to heaven.

Your having a laugh! if not the reporter was............its called propaganda.

Well if there is any truth to it, it doesn't make him better since he is bringing religion into an issue. I wish they tape-recorded it so I would know for sure.

Exactly, dont report something of this magnitude (of which it is) without evidence to support your claims.

By the way, nice to talk to you Yelekiah, ( as we've been missing one another recently ) or what ever you say under these circumstances?

We have lol.

But does anyone view this as a war with Christianity vs Islam?

A lot of what these terrorists believe, ironically, have nothing to do with the Koran, but the Hadith.

As for George Bush, I haven't seen him act like a fundamentalist. Not as bad as most anyway.

As for George Bush, I haven't seen him act like a fundamentalist. Not as bad as most anyway.

If he had boy would we know about it.

Isnt he as bad as terroists who say they kill in the name of "GOD" If Jesus and God are on his side we are in big trouble. It worries me and yes I do think this is some crusade Bush wants to do.

Are you completely insane? Have you forgotten 9/11? What is wrong with you peope? :blink:

Are you completely insane? Have you forgotten 9/11? What is wrong with you peope? :blink:

Most of us got over waving the 9/11 crutch.

I don't see many brits waving IRA bombings like a wounded wing... to bring an example in.

Since... 9/11 Bush has shown time and time again that he's a religious fanatic and a dangerous person to have in office. Even his supporters are eroding from under him.

Recent local news on it...

*shrugs* I can see a huge nationwide party that will start the moment he's out of office.

Most of us got over waving the 9/11 crutch.

I don't see many brits waving IRA bombings like a wounded wing... to bring an example in.

Since... 9/11 Bush has shown time and time again that he's a religious fanatic and a dangerous person to have in office. Even his supporters are eroding from under him.

Recent local news on it...

*shrugs* I can see a huge nationwide party that will start the moment he's out of office.

Got over 9/11? I don't think it's "most" as you so suggest.

As for the party, I doubt it.

Excuse me for interupting :blush: it's getting late and Welsh Shaun has made me laugh a few times the last couple of days. :lol:

You are a breath of fresh air and I would like to welcome you! :tu:

...carry on...

:innocent:

Gibberish Butcher is not a religious fanatic, HE IS A LIAR. He plays the Jesus Card when it suits his greedy objectives. He also plays the Terror card to gain control of the people. Over 80% of the US, now believes this, when will the rest of you wake up. Getting rid of that monster is the only salvation this planet has. We don't need that maniac slaughtering the Arabs and US troops to promote his own materialistic agenda when we are facing so many other disasters now and in the very near future.