Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A List of Optical Illusions.

Pharoah

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raptor

• Pharoah

• Lord Umbarger

That second one was freaky as hell...I was saw the steretypical face of jesus!

It wont let me for some reason, I get an error message. :hmm:

Same problem here. :(

Hey, that on e in the last post is pretty good. I've not seen that one before. It kind of reminds me of those magic eye things that used to be on posters and in newspapers.

Debunked!

Well, if I make a mental effort for them not to disappear, they dont. Otherwise, yeah, they do.

I dont know if I'd qualify that as an illusion. The reason it happens is because at a close distance you can see the thin black lines, and those create the image for you. Theres also different tones of gray which create the opposite image, which, when looking at from far away, are the ones you see without interference from the black lines.

• 1 month later...

Oldest trick in the book, and I still fall for it. :P

As do I, Mandy. *sigh* As do I.

One I fell the hardest for was the one with for foreign energy drink. The other was one I got in my e-mail, a collection of supposed paranormal sightings. The first few were all nice, you know, a faerie, a face in the trees, etc. But then, on the last one, it has a caption that says, "Now, look closely, and you can see the figure of a woman on the other side of the lake." or something like that. So, of course, I put my nose right up to the screen and then WHAMO! I was crying like a freakin' baby.

:(

P.S. I hope you're not still seeing Jesus on your wall. :P