Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

John Palifox Key "Proofs of my Return"

science101

I have to agree with BishopRyan on this one. Personal insults are not necessary. I think each of us are here to determine if JPK's manuscript is a figment of our imagination or a tangible document.

For the past couple of years, I read countless of posts of those whom claim that they possess this mysterious text. None have been forthcoming with a shred of evidence. Despite the number of purported statements shared by posters that swear that they own the manuscript, the text remains an enigma.

If one does own such a document, where is the harm in throwing a thread full of inquisitive seekers a bone?

Personally, I see nothing wrong with BishopRyan's question. We are all seeking answers, that's all!

Edited by science101

Eloi your comment "doesn't everyone" tells me your no more mystical than a Tickle Me Elmo doll. Walk the line and put the truth out there. You don't even need to show it to me show it to someone else and let them verify it.

Edited by BishopRyan

Too many misspellings of common, everyday words in your post for me to take you seriously. Sorry. I only write to those who have some basic literacy. Sorry.

I have before me a copy of P/M/R. Doesn't everyone? I thought this was the basis of this text.

Learn to compose correctly, then contact me again.

I can definitely scan any amount of this you want. Easy to do. But I won't do it for dropout kids or computer geeks. Sorry.

Mention one IT thing and I'm out. Otherwise, I share. And willingly too.

Dood, attax on misspellings and grammar errors just sho how arrogant you are. Yoo can't have a coversation with sumwon without being a d***? He was unsure if the book did in fact, exist... All you had to do was say "yes, I have a copy, and I would gladly show it to you." - or something to that uhfect. :hmm::rolleyes:

Are you going to comment on my spelling errors? :rolleyes:

He just doesn't enjoy being put in his place by yours truly. :gun:

New development or at least to me.

Let me start by saying this up front what I was told is all out of some guys mouth I don't know and never meet until yesterday so I can't substantiate any of this but its helpful nontheless.

Ok I'm in sales and had a guy come by yesterday and like any salesman I got to chit chatting with him and his wife about work and hobbies and so forth. He is a retired oil field worker and I do know for a fact the name he gave me is real and he did years back work for Valero so this much I know is true I saw his retirement statment as proof of income because I took a credit app from him.

Got to blabbing about hobbies and his wife chimed in with eyes rolling about how many books he has and how much time and money he's spent traveling to grow his collection and sell books to would be buyers.

Man I started laughing and I said buddy have I got a dousy for you. We have been looking for this book JPK PMR what do you know about it or have you ever heard of it. He laughed louder than me and then he settled down a bit.

He said almost 3 years ago he had a guy who he has done business with in the past out of South Carolina contact him about possibly finding this book and buying it from him if he could locate it. He gave a very basic description of the book and stated it was a work of fiction written by a young man in the late 50's possibly early 60's and he heard about it from a guy in a neighborhood book club.

First thing he said he did was try to find any history of this book selling through independant transaction or large auctions to establish how rare the book is and what kind of money he should ask for when he finds its. He really figured he would locate it rather easily. He says he does this all the time with books that he isn't so familiar with so he can get a solid return on his time and money invested.

He came up empty handed on any book history. I didn't really get clarification on what his research process was but he seemed very genuine in his efforts. So he figured there may not be many of these left. Then he said he contacted some good friends of his that also collect rare books as a hobby so they could shed some light on the subject and possibly help him locate a copy.

They followed 2 leads all the way in Australia based on heresay and when they went to get verification on the leads before making a long expensive flight nothing checked out. Both leads turned out to be unprovable and the people contacted weren't actually in possesion of anything other than stories. Also said he followed one lead on a guy in Russia who said he had a copy of the book and would sell it for 15k all the follow up work proved a false name and this guy said the book was stored in a vault in a bank under a bank name that was proven to not exist. Eventually the lead dried up and never returned calls and then the phone number went out of service. So big dead end.

He said they searched all over the US chasing about 20 or so different leads and all turned out to be nothing. He searched for 8 months before quiting and giving up. The closest he got was a fake copy that someone typed up on a computer and had a custom cover and embossing done by someone like a kinko's he said his source that followed the lead said it was a obvious fake and a total waste of time.

Also he said he had a associate show up at Emory University and try to talk to someone there because a couple of his leads mentioned the school. Two employees at Emory University said people are always coming in looking the shelves for a copy of the book. His associate was told that a student employee searched every shelf in the library and actually searched any and all storage or rumage areas on campus he could find and found nothing. He said both of the employess said no such book exists and one said he knows it doesn't exist because no one ever came in looking for the book until about 6 months before they had there meeting so his reasoning is that if the book was actually real people would have been looking for it long ago refering to it a recent scavenger hunt.

His associate was introduced to another professor who had worked at the university for some time and had no knowledge of anyone named JPK but did have one vauge recollection of a teacher that had a large compilations of short stories written by students that was available to read at anytime in his office and had heard about lots of great fiction or fantasy stories within that compilation folder but he never got around to reading it. Of course that professor is long gone now and may or may not have been JPK.

There is a record of someone by that name working for the university or at least they think thats what they found Named: J. Key in old enrollment and course listings but in his associates research on that employee it turned up basically no info the stance that Emory took was he was probably a student teacher that came and went. As there were only two sheets of paper even close to that name.

Everything was a dead end every lead was fake or unproven and every bit of info was hearsay. He only followed it as long as he did because of the person who said he would sell the book for 15k and figured he could make a buck on a resale if he could locate it. He believes no such book exists.

I asked him if he found any solid info as to had published the book or how it was distributed and he said no such proof or even firm info relating to the distribution on a small or large scale ever materialized. He did say he was under the impression that less than 400 copies ever existed that is when he actually beleived the book may have existed.

I could have possibly gotten more exacting info but I was really under the impression that this guy had exhuasted his efforts in finding this book and came to the relization that he should have stopped looking way sooned than 8 month. I asked him if understood or knew what was actually written in the book and he refered to it as fiction and fantasy.

He was a little p***ed that he spent so much time and money on it but he thought he could pull about 50k out of it on a resale. Finally he said there are alot of collectors and hobbiest that have looked for the book at one time or another and all feel at this time that no such book ever existed and he even hinted that it was kinda joke or something basically to not take seriously.

Well anyway it was a fun converstion on more of a serious side of this story. I feel pretty good in saying I don't think this book is real at all.

Edit:

Man I just read over this its really long sorry. Short version goes something like this meet a guy whos a collector he and others thru research don't think the book ever existed.

Edited by BishopRyan

BishopRyan:

Not long at all! I enjoyed reading your post. Thank you for the sharing that information. When I listen to someone's personal account about his/her hunt for JPK's manuscript, I develop two trains of thought:

A) Either the manuscript is completely made up; hoax

B) There has been a wide spread effort to suppress the book and its contents.

I choose the latter. No way in hades can so many details be fictionalized. I do believe that some proclaim to have the book to make themselves appear to be important role players in the whole JPK saga (names I will not mention). Whereas, a relative few may actually own the cherished compedium or have experienced some type of phenomenon.

I guess the reason why JPK's legacy endures because there is so much mystery/intrigue surrounding the manuscript. Every so often a person will show up on a forum just like this to claim they have a copy of the book; visited different dimensions; or knew JPK personally. Who knows how much of this is a crock of sh**!

Unlike many, I do believe the manusript is out there. Those that possess the book are unwilling to share its secrets. Can you blame them? I often question whether or not I would devulge passages of the book if I owned it.

I do know this - the book was considered very dangerous by some anonymous poster on about.com. This person dissuaded those interested in finding the book to give up there search for the "fabled" text or face the consequences. Consequences of what?

Needless to say, the JPK mystery is so strange you can't help but to be inquisitive about the manuscript or the famous portals purported in Montmorency, MI; Dekalb County, GA; or Sussex, Deleware. Is there a possible government cover-up? Possibly

Where is the manuscript? Where is JPK? Why is there no birth or death records; graduation certificates; etc.?

One day the truth will be revealed!

Edited by science101

New development or at least to me.

Let me start by saying this up front what I was told is all out of some guys mouth I don't know and never meet until yesterday so I can't substantiate any of this but its helpful nontheless.

Ok I'm in sales and had a guy come by yesterday and like any salesman I got to chit chatting with him and his wife about work and hobbies and so forth. He is a retired oil field worker and I do know for a fact the name he gave me is real and he did years back work for Valero so this much I know is true I saw his retirement statment as proof of income because I took a credit app from him.

Got to blabbing about hobbies and his wife chimed in with eyes rolling about how many books he has and how much time and money he's spent traveling to grow his collection and sell books to would be buyers.

Man I started laughing and I said buddy have I got a dousy for you. We have been looking for this book JPK PMR what do you know about it or have you ever heard of it. He laughed louder than me and then he settled down a bit.

He said almost 3 years ago he had a guy who he has done business with in the past out of South Carolina contact him about possibly finding this book and buying it from him if he could locate it. He gave a very basic description of the book and stated it was a work of fiction written by a young man in the late 50's possibly early 60's and he heard about it from a guy in a neighborhood book club.

First thing he said he did was try to find any history of this book selling through independant transaction or large auctions to establish how rare the book is and what kind of money he should ask for when he finds its. He really figured he would locate it rather easily. He says he does this all the time with books that he isn't so familiar with so he can get a solid return on his time and money invested.

He came up empty handed on any book history. I didn't really get clarification on what his research process was but he seemed very genuine in his efforts. So he figured there may not be many of these left. Then he said he contacted some good friends of his that also collect rare books as a hobby so they could shed some light on the subject and possibly help him locate a copy.

They followed 2 leads all the way in Australia based on heresay and when they went to get verification on the leads before making a long expensive flight nothing checked out. Both leads turned out to be unprovable and the people contacted weren't actually in possesion of anything other than stories. Also said he followed one lead on a guy in Russia who said he had a copy of the book and would sell it for 15k all the follow up work proved a false name and this guy said the book was stored in a vault in a bank under a bank name that was proven to not exist. Eventually the lead dried up and never returned calls and then the phone number went out of service. So big dead end.

He said they searched all over the US chasing about 20 or so different leads and all turned out to be nothing. He searched for 8 months before quiting and giving up. The closest he got was a fake copy that someone typed up on a computer and had a custom cover and embossing done by someone like a kinko's he said his source that followed the lead said it was a obvious fake and a total waste of time.

Also he said he had a associate show up at Emory University and try to talk to someone there because a couple of his leads mentioned the school. Two employees at Emory University said people are always coming in looking the shelves for a copy of the book. His associate was told that a student employee searched every shelf in the library and actually searched any and all storage or rumage areas on campus he could find and found nothing. He said both of the employess said no such book exists and one said he knows it doesn't exist because no one ever came in looking for the book until about 6 months before they had there meeting so his reasoning is that if the book was actually real people would have been looking for it long ago refering to it a recent scavenger hunt.

His associate was introduced to another professor who had worked at the university for some time and had no knowledge of anyone named JPK but did have one vauge recollection of a teacher that had a large compilations of short stories written by students that was available to read at anytime in his office and had heard about lots of great fiction or fantasy stories within that compilation folder but he never got around to reading it. Of course that professor is long gone now and may or may not have been JPK.

There is a record of someone by that name working for the university or at least they think thats what they found Named: J. Key in old enrollment and course listings but in his associates research on that employee it turned up basically no info the stance that Emory took was he was probably a student teacher that came and went. As there were only two sheets of paper even close to that name.

Everything was a dead end every lead was fake or unproven and every bit of info was hearsay. He only followed it as long as he did because of the person who said he would sell the book for 15k and figured he could make a buck on a resale if he could locate it. He believes no such book exists.

I asked him if he found any solid info as to had published the book or how it was distributed and he said no such proof or even firm info relating to the distribution on a small or large scale ever materialized. He did say he was under the impression that less than 400 copies ever existed that is when he actually beleived the book may have existed.

I could have possibly gotten more exacting info but I was really under the impression that this guy had exhuasted his efforts in finding this book and came to the relization that he should have stopped looking way sooned than 8 month. I asked him if understood or knew what was actually written in the book and he refered to it as fiction and fantasy.

He was a little p***ed that he spent so much time and money on it but he thought he could pull about 50k out of it on a resale. Finally he said there are alot of collectors and hobbiest that have looked for the book at one time or another and all feel at this time that no such book ever existed and he even hinted that it was kinda joke or something basically to not take seriously.

Well anyway it was a fun converstion on more of a serious side of this story. I feel pretty good in saying I don't think this book is real at all.

Edit:

Man I just read over this its really long sorry. Short version goes something like this meet a guy whos a collector he and others thru research don't think the book ever existed.

I liked reading your experience with this dealer/bookfinder. I wrote about mine about in DC, and it was totally boring aside of this "adventure." The now gone bookseller just looked at a list of availabilities, identified one and told me it would be delivered in ten days to his store for a thousand bucks which I did not have. He also told me a credit card would be fine and that he had recently sold a copy of P.M.R. from the same source in Savannah, Georgia.

I have to admit that I should have scraped up the money somehow. I had no idea the thing was worth this much. I had only read about it on the aspyre.net blog and gotten interested. I figured that even a clever hoax might have some interest after being all wrapped up in that blog for so long. It is, after all, a very, very interesting blog. There is nothing that I know of quite like it on the web. Even if it was fiction I did not care.

But back to your experience. I have dropped into a couple more bookstores in the DC area which deal in rare manuscripts. One guy searched around and said he had no listing, but the other one posted it on a trade board somewhere (?--their private stuff) and told me he got 5 replies within 24 hours. 2 or 3 of them had the 1961 original version and wanted to negotiate a price. In other words, try to wangle as much as possible out of the end user. The bookseller I was talking with live said he could open a bid. I did not wish to do that.

Look, I'm a fairly low-key person on a low-key income.

Sorry.

But what I wanted to mention is that this bookseller (and I think he is still there....and can look if someone wants me to), said that some of his emails suggested that the book was not "for public consumption" and maybe even banned somewhere for some reason.

He said there had been a lot of commotion about the book in the past few years and that he had been casually looking for a reasonably priced copy himself---with no success because all the copies that existed were out of his price range.

Well, that was my experience. Not as exciting as Ryan's, lol. The search for this book has been on for some time I guess. Quite a chase!

Thing that made me believe the guy I met was this. He said his associate meet the 2 people who work at Emory and both said no one ever mentioned the book nor looked for it until recently. This tells me this is a recent event. Sounds like the guy I meet had his associate at Emory right around when this story was full blown. Both the employees found it obvious that if the book was real poeple would have heard of it long before and come around looking for it say in the 90's all the hustle and bustle they were having was recent I'm guessing 2001 to present and if I remember thats when this story made the rounds online which and I haven't checked is about the same time that this thing started really gaining steam.

Also this guy seemed to really push the fact the he exhuasted every effort to locate a copy of PMR now if it was as easy as one phone call to a dealer I think he would of got his hands on one.

This guy just looked spent after telling me his efforts I believe he was genuinely looking hard to find it.

The other thing is this guy didn't mention any of the eloborate stories told online pertaining to the book. I expected him to say how excited he would be to find a copy and find out whats really inside it but that never happened. This guy thought it was a book just like any other and a well written work of fiction.

The fact that this guy wasn't chasing people that had seen gnomes or people from other times and deminsions tells me he was probably looking in the right places if the book existed.

Tranchons tell the book seller you have a buyer if we can get a photo or something solid on the book (post online if he or you can) I'll send a third party to evaluate the book in person and if it checks out I'll bid.

If the bookseller won't or can't provide proof I'm guessing or let us evaluate it before we buy it then he's probably pulling our chain.

Edited by BishopRyan

BishopRyan, great new info. Thanks. If a copy of the book had existed this fellow would've found it.

I'm not buying the story about the book being supressed because it is dangerious. There are plenty of dangerious books that are very easy to obtain.

Even if the book was 'banned' there would be a reference of it somewhere, and copies would still be available. At one point all of Dr. Wilhelm Riech's books were banned, burned and he was thrown in jail. Now you can sit down in Barnes and Nobles and read a copy over a cup of coffee.

I may be grasping at straws here, but does anyone else see the similarities?

The manuscript is a collection of letters, maps, personal anecdotes and experiences. Key never makes an assumptions about his adventures.

Key's manuscript is a hodge-podge of various sources. It begins as a rambling account of his experiences in some place called Constitution Lake, which is near Atlanta, Georgia, and which it appears is on property that was owned by Key's family. Then it shifts to Montmorency County, Michigan USA, where Key is taken by a local to an "archway" buried in the deep forests which is readily accessible and "always open" for travellers.

Key was trying to compose a socio-folkloric paper for his university and he states that. It is a first draft of some sort of doctoral dissertation. He is trying to explain the origins of the smaller creatures of all worldly folklore---elves, gnomes, sentient lizards, etc.

The last part of the manuscript is a compendium of letters (called "Compendium of Letters") that Key received through his many correspondents during the late 1950s and early 1960s. Most of the letters are handwritten and they too copy very poorly.

I may be grasping at straws here, but does anyone else see the similarities?

Dang, nice correlation I hadn't even thought of that. Maybe it was a few hippies that read the folder of short stories and started calling it a book. No wonder no one can find it. We may never know. Probably in some old ladies basement today. :unsure2:

I'm not buying the story about the book being supressed because it is dangerious. There are plenty of dangerious books that are very easy to obtain.

Don't read anything into this. I personally will believe that this is nothing more than a hoax until I either hold a copy of the book in my hand, or happen to slip into the alternate dimension.

But, the "danger" of books like Reich's, which contest that systems can be altered by an unknown energy, Orgone, is different, in my opinion, from books or papers that discuss openings in the fabric of space that take us to another dimension.

Why? This COULD represent a severe national security issue. If it were made public that one could enter an "archway" in remote Delaware, and pop out in Germany, or follow a trail of archways and navigate the globe without being detected...think of the possibilities.

Smuggling, fleeing from the law, invasion of other countries...all would be a matter of simply knowing where to walk and when.

I could understand supression of something like this. It requires no special technology, no special training. Only a map of where to go.

But, I haven't seen any lost Germans popping up in my neighborhood lately, so I don't believe a word of it. And, I've been through enough swampy wastelands in my life, including wetlands just south of Atlanta, and never felt so much as an inkling that I'm in another world.

-2AR

• 4 weeks later...

Still looking through my copy of Proofs of My Return and I see that nothing new has been added to this discussion. I found an interesting section which deals with the apparent capture of one of the "upright lizard guardians" back in 2003.

http://aspyre.net/pauladenail/archive/2003/07/

Scroll down to the entry titled "Lizard Captive in Ploermel"

Makes for some curious reading, as does all of this webjournal.

Stills lots of unexplained mysteries. I always thought this old manuscript was a joke. But if it is a hoax, it sure is an old one. They must have been planning for it in 1961.

Unreal.

Still looking through my copy of Proofs of My Return and I see that nothing new has been added to this discussion. I found an interesting section which deals with the apparent capture of one of the "upright lizard guardians" back in 2003.

http://aspyre.net/pauladenail/archive/2003/07/

Scroll down to the entry titled "Lizard Captive in Ploermel"

Makes for some curious reading, as does all of this webjournal.

Stills lots of unexplained mysteries. I always thought this old manuscript was a joke. But if it is a hoax, it sure is an old one. They must have been planning for it in 1961.

Unreal.

So how long did it take for you to write that whole story? I did add something new.

Eloi I don't think you have a copy of the book. I have a guy that would give somewhere in the area of 15k for it and I'm sure he would give you a hefty sum just to see it. I challenged you some posts back with out a response.

Your a trouble maker that likes to troll I think you need a little attention and something better to do with your free time.

If the book existed the man I talked to would have surely found a copy or at least evidence that it existed he seemed to have endless resources in finding a copy of JPK's book and he found nothing.

Why don't you bring something real to the table be a man or women and be upfront. You insulted a few people here and then never backed up your claim of having a copy of the book. Put it out there show yourself.

Thursday, July 10, 2003

JOHN PALIFOX KEY B. 27 May 1936 in DeKalb County, Metropolitan Atlanta, Georgia USA

John Palifox Key now lives with his wife Mireille in a modest home in the village of Thouars in the D鰡rtement of Deux-Sevres in the western part of France. He was the author of Proofs of My Return, a personal account of his voyages into the Secondary Alternate Realm, and was expelled from his doctoral program at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. Key has maintained an avid following especially in France and conducts a life scholarly correspondence and paranormal inquiry into secondary vibratory dimensions.

Thats funny the guy I met had a partner of his go the Emory but they never really heard of the guy. Seems like that was written out in such certainty how did they get that info.

Eloi:

Still looking through my copy of Proofs of My Return

:sleepy:

BishopRyan:

I wonder if JPK is still residing in France? After all, he is still alive? Isn't he? What is the best means to locate him? Do you think he goes by an assumed name in France?

This would be an excellent research project. Maybe we could get information directly from the horse's mouth. What do you think?

Edited by science101

I guess we all really know Eloi doesn't have anything it just seems like such a waste to respond but realistically if someone did have a copy of the book I'm sure somewhere along the line it would have made its way into the public eye.

The way things are these days real mysteries like this don't stay covered up for long before its proven or disproven.

BishopRyan:

I say forget about the book! Let's search for JPK himself! What do you think? If he is currently residing in Thouars (population 11,000), he shouldn't be hard to locate. A telephone call here; a mailed letter there. Poof! We have our man. :tu:

Edited by science101

BishopRyan:

I say forget about the book! Let's search for JPK himself! What do you think? If he is currently residing in Thouars (population 11,000), he shouldn't be hard to locate. A telephone call here; a mailed letter there. Poof! We have our man. :tu:

OK not a bad idea. I'm not familiar with their government style but wouldn't they have some kind of list of tax payers residing in the city. There has to be a database of residents. Any ideas of a good way to start.

• 2 weeks later...

Eloi can I have a copy of your book.

This whole thing had no mention anywhere on the net prior to the first posting by Timmistral on About.com in 2000 or 2001.

There is no Joey Leguay. (or Joel Marchand Leguay)

There is no Erick Leguay.

There is no Diane Decay, or whatever her last name was.

There is no Paula Denail.

There is no John Palifox Key.

There is no Unseen Dave.

There is no spoon.

There is a Heidi Nielson. That is the only person in the original mess who is verifiable. She can be tracked down, and found in Michigan. But, not under Nielson. She does work with people who are also real, and traceable. But, they're not after portals and Lizards, and gnomes. It started off like that but went to something entirely different. Something fairly dark and somewhat sinister. Something which, other than what I've said, I know nothing about.

All that you will find here is a dead end. If you hook up with one of the JPK'ers, you'll be led further and further down the rabbit hole with promises of information, promises of more evidence, little hints here and there, that collectively, when added up are nothing more than smoke and mirrors. At the end, you'll wonder why you believed in the first place. Heidi's group will most likely tell you to bugger off, and be done with it. Good advice, if you ask me. But, you haven't. I offered my opinion on this unsolicited.

Best of luck to you.

-2AR

This whole thing had no mention anywhere on the net prior to the first posting by Timmistral on About.com in 2000 or 2001.

There is no Joey Leguay. (or Joel Marchand Leguay)

There is no Erick Leguay.

There is no Diane Decay, or whatever her last name was.

There is no Paula Denail.

There is no John Palifox Key.

There is no Unseen Dave.

There is no spoon.

There is a Heidi Nielson. That is the only person in the original mess who is verifiable. She can be tracked down, and found in Michigan. But, not under Nielson. She does work with people who are also real, and traceable. But, they're not after portals and Lizards, and gnomes. It started off like that but went to something entirely different. Something fairly dark and somewhat sinister. Something which, other than what I've said, I know nothing about.

All that you will find here is a dead end. If you hook up with one of the JPK'ers, you'll be led further and further down the rabbit hole with promises of information, promises of more evidence, little hints here and there, that collectively, when added up are nothing more than smoke and mirrors. At the end, you'll wonder why you believed in the first place. Heidi's group will most likely tell you to bugger off, and be done with it. Good advice, if you ask me. But, you haven't. I offered my opinion on this unsolicited.

Best of luck to you.

-2AR

Has Heidi ever talked is she on record saying anything?

Has Heidi ever talked is she on record saying anything?

And here I thought you'd done your homework.

Yes, she's spoken. She's posted as well. She's posted here and on About, and on Paula's Blog, and a few other places. She uses the same screen name all the time. Smartblonde.

-2AR