Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Space Cadets hoax out of this world

UM-Bot

news icon rA new reality TV show is aiming to pull off the biggest hoax in TV history - by persuading a group of Britons that they have been blasted into space The new Channel 4 series Space Cadets has been under wraps since the idea first came about 18-months ago.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: This is London

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stellar

• AJL

• GreyWeather

• darkknight

I'd be gutted! <_< and embarassed :blush:

Alot of money to waste on a single prank, because they wont get away with a second series.

How exactly are they planning to fake the feeling of weightlessness?

Surely that's the first thing which would give it away :blink:

thanks for telling us!

:lol: now i'll know if i'll be haoxed or not :P

well whoever said they wont get away with a 2nd series isn't too smart....for all we know they are taping 3 series in one...at 3 different locations.

That's the funniest idea that I have ever heard! :D

I can't imagine that this stunt will work. I have a hard time believing that there are very many people in the developed world that are not familiar with seeing clips of a space launch and the people floating around in the capsule...

I guess if you had gullible people you could tell them that they have just invented artificial gravity for the ship like they have on star trek...

Even if, I can't imagine that people would be so stupid as to fall for it for more than a few moments...

I really don't like these kinds of shows, the idea of making the premise of a show little more than embarrasing someone seems a bit cruel. I don't get it. I have never one who has been able to laugh at someone elses embarassment...

...I guess there are enough people out there that laugh when the handicapped kid falls off of his crutches when trying to cross the street too quickly to warrant a show like this though.

Sad huh?

Embarrassing...Yes. How many people will actually believe it, well... Anyone ever seen scare tactics. If people can fall for some of the stuff they do on that, people can fall for just about anything.

well whoever said they wont get away with a 2nd series isn't too smart....for all we know they are taping 3 series in one...at 3 different locations.

So you saying I'm not too smart! Thankyou!

If you bothered to read the topic source you will see that it is set at a (singular) location.

youre a smart one arent you :w00t:

They probobly had to go out of their way to find people dumb enough to fall for this . They must find people that are both ignorant enough to have absolutly no clue how space works and at the same time dumb enough to not wonder why they would choose complete noobs such as themselves for what normally would be a very important science experiment .

I can't imagine that this stunt will work. I have a hard time believing that there are very many people in the developed world that are not familiar with seeing clips of a space launch and the people floating around in the capsule...

I guess if you had gullible people you could tell them that they have just invented artificial gravity for the ship like they have on star trek...

Even if, I can't imagine that people would be so stupid as to fall for it for more than a few moments...

I really don't like these kinds of shows, the idea of making the premise of a show little more than embarrasing someone seems a bit cruel. I don't get it. I have never one who has been able to laugh at someone elses embarassment...

...I guess there are enough people out there that laugh when the handicapped kid falls off of his crutches when trying to cross the street too quickly to warrant a show like this though.

Sad huh?

They probobly had to go out of their way to find people dumb enough to fall for this . They must find people that are both ignorant enough to have absolutly no clue how space works and at the same time dumb enough to not wonder why they would choose complete noobs such as themselves for what normally would be a very important science experiment .

yep...well said guyz... :tu:

I think this is sick. Its one thing to sick a bunch of people who volunteer into a house for 6 weeks. But they're lying to these people, taking 6 weeks of their lives from them under this lie, and think of how devistated these people will be after they find out their dream of space was all a joke.

Personally I think the participants should sue when they find out the truth.

I agree with the previous poster, how are they gonn a dothe weightless thing? Nasa can't fake that one yet, that's why they still use the vomit comet.

You guys havent realised yet that they'd convince them that they can create artificial gravity?

You guys havent realised yet that they'd convince them that they can create artificial gravity?

First page.

Edited by smallpackage

First page.

I agree with the previous poster, how are they gonn a dothe weightless thing? Nasa can't fake that one yet, that's why they still use the vomit comet.

First page, after Fluffy's post.

So quote him. Don't say 'you guys', When theres only one or two ignorant posters in here. Oh wait, three.

:no: I find TV shows of this nature mean spirited and in bad taste. In my opine any one finding humor in this type of entertainment is childish of mind and lacking in good moral character.

If you disagree that's OK. If you dont understand ask your Mommy! :wub:

^Well of course, we all know thats been proved. :rolleyes:

Sad huh?

:tu: It should bring out the stupidity in people <_<

Lapi'che

Nope, I didn't realise that, probably because that's not what they'll do because that's a silly idea. Did "you guys" not realise that :P

Figured I'd do my research rather than speculate:

They will not experience weightlessness because they are only orbiting “near space”.

Source