Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WITCH

etvisitor7

it's leliel not SC xD

OH :blush:

:wacko:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• Yelekiah

• zandore

• Paranoid Android

OH :blush:

:wacko:

:P no biggie, besides silver made the joke, so if you think about it, you're talking about silver starting the joke-part and you quoted me to repersent the ending part. :lol: well, I know what i mean :P

:blush: I fixed my post and gave credit where credit is due.

Jesus is not a witch- he is the Son of God and the people were healed by their faith and by God.

Kismit there are scrolls of I think Isaih in the NT when Jesus was alive. I even think Jesus read a couple of those scrolls aloud. But maybe we could find a person with dates. I don't know dates.

Maybe I should start to remember and memorize dates,. People always enjoy that more than they would take me more seriously. :P

So how long after Jesus died was the Old testament written then?

Do you mean the New Testament? :huh: I think it's pretty accepted that the OT predates the time of Jesus.

So how long after Jesus died was the Old testament written then?

old testament? it was wrapped several centuries before Jesus.

if you mean the new testament, paul's epistles were written between 50-60 AD. gospels, depending on who you ask, from 60-100 AD. all the other epistles and Revelation were wrapped up by 120 at the latest, but im not as certain for those.

what does a cat have to do with the Bible?

What does math have to do with the Bible?

Your answer was what?

What does the president of the US got to do with the Bible? Are you avoiding the Question?

:blink: What was the question.....OH YES it was "It IS the Bible you are talking about remember?"

Two different events and two totally different descriptions.....A contradiction.

I am convinced you understand and are just fighting for the sake of it. Firstly, Proverbs are words of wisdom. Not Law. They are there to help. Now, do you agree that everyone is different? Yes, of course you do. No one is exactly the same! No one responds exactly the same. Therefore, by using these words of wisdom, and your own discretion, either way is how to deal with a fool. No contradiction!

Secondly, Bush has nothing to do with the Bible. The point is, and again I think you understand and are just playing dumb, that (assuming the next four years are peaceful years), then both statements are true. The one does not invalidate the other. Same with this. In Exodus, God was a god of war. In Romans, God was a god of peace.

How are people judged by God?

Mt.12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Mk.16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

James 2:14-18: "What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do."

Again, both passages you quote are true and correct. It is through faith, and faith alone that we are saved. But if we do not act on that faith, then is it really faith at all?

You show me your faith by what you say. I'll show you mine by what I do! Wise words :tu:

Regards, PA

The main reason I think that the use of Magic and Witchcraft is a sin is cuz God is our creator is what would the world be like if we all could do magic!! <_< I think the world would be more messed up than this. Jesus is the Son of God and therefor was created to God's perfection. For Jesus is like God!! He was given these powers to do good. This doesn't make him a witch!! God is not a witch yet has the power to do to the world as he sees right!!

To put it succinctly, the Bible differentiates between what Jesus did and what witches do thusly : Jesus was getting his power from God and witches get their power from everything or themselves (not God). Therefore, ancient Christians must make sure the Pagans stop believing that something other than God has any power. Burn the witches, follow Jesus.

Of course, for people like me who believe God is everything, Jesus and witches get their power from the same place.

Climbing out of my nutshell.

To put it succinctly, the Bible differentiates between what Jesus did and what witches do thusly : Jesus was getting his power from God and witches get their power from everything or themselves (not God). Therefore, ancient Christians must make sure the Pagans stop believing that something other than God has any power. Burn the witches, follow Jesus.

Of course, for people like me who believe God is everything, Jesus and witches get their power from the same place.

Climbing out of my nutshell.

oh oh also, jesus and his deciples were a dozen, and there are a dozen (12) witches in a covern. well at least there used to be.

One question, did he way the same as a duck?

Yer about two pages to late X)

Bah Humbug, hating "witches", or making it a sin was created by the Christian Fanatics who said, DOWN WITH PAGANS, in the 3-4th centuries.

Bah Humbug, hating "witches", or making it a sin was created by the Christian Fanatics who said, DOWN WITH PAGANS, in the 3-4th centuries.

same time frame that they wrote the n.t., and burned the library.

And he took seven loaves and the fishes, and gave thanks, and brake them, and gave to his disciples to the multitude."

-Matthew 15:36

He just had seven loaves and a few fish, yet he was able to feed all these people. Nice embellishment.

embellishment happens in any passed-along tale of a "great leader" who inspires people. they become "larger than life". sounds like the jesus character, doesn't it? there was certianly enough time for the story to grow before being committed to paper.

in reality he probably would have displayed a few l;oaves and fishes, and said "We have food for everyone, and it was expanded later.

"The Rabbi surprised us and fed 20 people."

"The Rabbi showed us 7 fish and 3 loaves and fed 40 people."

Somehow, he fed 500 people with 7 fish and 3 loaves."

and so on.