Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Raelians want ET embassy

UM-Bot

news icon rOn November 8, the Israeli daily newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth published a report on the 40th anniversary of SETI, the institute whose stated purpose is to "explore, understand and explain the origin, nature and prevalence of life in the universe".

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Middle East Times

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rane

• Stellar

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• Richdog

according to the 60,000-strong Raelian movement, is that life on Earth was created by scientists belonging to a superior, alien civilization, who created man "in their own likeness".

Out of the spaceship, he relates, came a human-looking figure, roughly 130cm in height, who spoke to Vorilhon in perfect French, explaining that it "knew all the languages of the world". For the next six days Vorilhon and the alien met once a day for an hour, during which time the alien explained why Vorilhon had been chosen.

"It had chosen him for two very important missions," says Drori, "First, to tell the people of the world who they really are. And second, our creators want to come back and meet us. But they respect us so much that they won't come unless they are invited. And how do we invite them? By building them an embassy."

oh thats just dandy.... :lol:

I ask you darknight, why is it really so funny?

I dont think its any more laughable than the theories of established religions in this world, if anything it has a LOT more logic to it

Edited by Uversa

they won't come unless they are invited. And how do we invite them? By building them an embassy."

Please come on how do they expect people to take themselves seriously. :no:

Though, this is probably the only truth I've ever heard that could ever possibily happen religion wise.

I wonder what Rael would say "Hmm, we'll build your embassy, but without middlemen like you handling the money. Get the plans, we'll get it built.|

I wonder what his excuse would be to get the money in his pocket...

I figured Rael would just ask for everyones woman.

I ask you darknight, why is it really so funny?

I dont think its any more laughable than the theories of established religions in this world, if anything it has a LOT more logic to it

Ok, an alien met him everday for a hour and he was the chosen one, ok, were you taken by people in white suits and nets? and brought to a happy place? with a nice warm jacket and a nice soft room that's good for a nap?

Though, this is probably the only truth I've ever heard that could ever possibily happen religion wise.

You were taken by the white people in suits too? and brought to a happy place with a nice jacket in a soft room too?

"On December 13, 1973," explains Drori, "a young French journalist called Claude Vorilhon saw a flying saucer. It landed close to him, and steps came down." Out of the spaceship, he relates, came a human-looking figure, roughly 130cm in height, who spoke to Vorilhon in perfect French, explaining that it "knew all the languages of the world". For the next six days Vorilhon and the alien met once a day for an hour, during which time the alien explained why Vorilhon had been chosen.

Ok, and I can make a atomic bomb out of tooth picks.

god has no use in contacting earth, there is no use in us percieving god, there is no use in god percieving us. The only practical explanation for god returning to earth is that god is really an alien of this universe.

EDIT: I don't see any harm in building an embassy for aliens though.... if anything, it would be a worthwhile experiment into the credibility of these people... why not make one in each country and send out invitations to the cosmic neighborhood? I mean, if aliens do come, it will be worth it don't you think? and if they don't, we can just stop paying attention to those crazy raeliens.

Edited by STIX

:alien: uh, we've been wanting an Embassy since 1973 when Rael was first contacted by Yahweh

i dunno why this is now making news...

it would be of extreme benefit to have, AND the structure of the embassy would mean influence of how others buiold their houses....it is designed to NOT consume space, and still have a comfortable environment...the design is the same as a crop circle that was discovered a few weeks or months after the first blueprints were designed...

Edited by rane

I wonder what Rael would say "Hmm, we'll build your embassy, but without middlemen like you handling the money. Get the plans, we'll get it built.|

I wonder what his excuse would be to get the money in his pocket...

:alien: the embassy will be funded with money from his book sales, and from private donations...he doesn't keep any of his book money for himself..it all goers into the embassy funds and, i beleive CloneAid

and we still haven't gotten land for a place to start the building..it was supposed to be built in Israel

Edited by rane

:alien: I like STIX's idea. Please build the Embassy. And staff it with people of all faiths and Cultures.

If nothing else it may act as the seed for Planetary Peace and Unity!

And if not, no harm done. :tu:

god has no use in contacting earth, there is no use in us percieving god, there is no use in god percieving us. The only practical explanation for god returning to earth is that god is really an alien of this universe.

EDIT: I don't see any harm in building an embassy for aliens though.... if anything, it would be a worthwhile experiment into the credibility of these people... why not make one in each country and send out invitations to the cosmic neighborhood? I mean, if aliens do come, it will be worth it don't you think? and if they don't, we can just stop paying attention to those crazy raeliens.

Do you mean perceiving?

Yes there is, sense you're probably done bad things in your life (don't worry, everbody has, even christians)

and God ain't no alien.

Ok, an alien met him everday for a hour and he was the chosen one, ok, were you taken by people in white suits and nets? and brought to a happy place? with a nice warm jacket and a nice soft room that's good for a nap?

Are you asking me that? What a strange and rather rude fellow you are ^_^

Edited by Uversa

the embassy will be funded with money from his book sales, and from private donations...he doesn't keep any of his book money for himself..it all goers into the embassy funds and, i beleive CloneAid

Yes, it goes into the "embassy" fund... now, who controls that fund, and has the ability to take from it whenever he wishes?

Like I said, I wonder if he'd be so interested if people decided they'd pay the contractors themselves instead of giving their money to him.

Yes, it goes into the "embassy" fund... now, who controls that fund, and has the ability to take from it whenever he wishes?

Like I said, I wonder if he'd be so interested if people decided they'd pay the contractors themselves instead of giving their money to him.

:alien: your negative one sided view gets you nowhere when learning...he doesn't take from it...and if he did, what the hell would he spend it on?...he doesn't live some extravegant life...he simply travels and teaches, eating fruits and veggies...

..if you read his book Message from the Extraterrestrials, you'd learn that he has enough money to take care of himself now because it was transfered to an account from the Elohim

and he also gets money from the seminars he has to teach others about sensual meditation and living happy lives...there is no need for him to take from the embassy fund..

your negative one sided view gets you nowhere when learning...

You mean my realistic, donc accept someone as a saviour because he says so view? It gets me from getting conned...

he doesn't take from it...

How would you know?

.if you read his book Message from the Extraterrestrials, you'd learn that he has enough money to take care of himself now because it was transfered to an account from the Elohim

You actually believe that?

In that case, I suppose that his money should be taken away, after all, it is counterfeit. Oh, unless the Elohim stole that money from someone else, in which case it is stolen money and should again be taken away from him.

and he also gets money from the seminars he has to teach others about sensual meditation and living happy lives...there is no need for him to take from the embassy fund..

You havent realised yet that in this world, even the rich want to become richer?

I always suspected that blind faith in someone will get him everywhere.

You mean my realistic, donc accept someone as a saviour because he says so view?

...what you consider realistic, whether you worship a god or not, doesn't match what everyone else beleives...because you don't beleive him, you think you must explain away everyone else for beleiving him...isn't that some form of converting?...and let me explain furtherly, if you do not like someone, you do not have to make biased statements...you should simply state a fact, rather than an opinion..

It gets me from getting conned...

i beleive Rael because his explaination for human life coming to existance is more realistic to me...i do not think that a god exist because i haven't had any proof that there is one...but, i have had plenty of proof there are extraterrestrials, and it seems much more scientifically explainable that our orgins came from them...

How would you know?

he doesn't take from the money because there isn't any reason to..i state this opinion because i think its a fact...what would he need to spend his cash on when he has that "counterfeit cash"....do you forget that he also worked like most humans do?..he made money from being a race car driver...he also wrote for articles in magazines...what would he need money for if he has his own hard earned money, and also has a home to sleep in, and plenty of supporters who arrange a place for him to stay when visiting to teach enlightenment...

You actually believe that?

In that case, I suppose that his money should be taken away, after all, it is counterfeit. Oh, unless the Elohim stole that money from someone else, in which case it is stolen money and should again be taken away from him.

You havent realised yet that in this world, even the rich want to become richer?

I always suspected that blind faith in someone will get him everywhere.

yes, i've realized what greedy pigs are like..and most don't wear all white, with a topknot, and contribute money towards cloning, and teaching healthy views, and not spreading a conformist beleif in religion or evolution...he is just giving others their own way of choosing how to identify with the universal trait of humanity

i get a sense that your a bit tempramental and judgemental...you come off as "its its my way or your wrong completely" without leaving it open for anyone to keep their own opinions and views

Edited by rane

what you consider realistic, wheteher you worship a god or not, doesn't match what everyone else beleives...

1. What everyone else believes doesn't matter.

2. How do you know what everyone else believes? Are you assuming they believe the same as you? Why dont we ask some other people what they believe on the subject...

because you don't beleive him, you think you must explain away everyone else for beleiving him...

Because I dont believe him, when I have a discussion about him, its from a disbelieving perspective. Because its a discussion, I try to make a point, and support it. I dont really care if you convert or not.

and let me explain furtherly, if you do not like someone, you do not have to make biased statements...

Im not making any biased statements, I'm making informed statements on the subject. You, because you like him, wanting to supress a view which doesnt coincide with yours does seem to imply that your beleif is frail, however, since apparently you dont want people posting anything negative about him, rather just positive stuff.

i beleive Rael because his explaination for human life coming to existance is more realistic to me...

I disbelieve him because of his past, and his lack of evidence.

but, i have had plenty of proof there are extraterrestrials, and it seems much more scientifically explainable that our orgins came from them...

There is no proof of ETs in the first place. Next, proof of ETs is not proof of Rael's claims.

Now, why do you call THAT scientifically explainable, yet disbelieve something which is actually science, such as abiogenesis.

he doesn't take form the money because there isn't any reason to..

Dont mistake what I'm saying. I'm not saying that he's using that money for himself, because even Bill Gates isnt using all the money he has... What I am saying, is that it is *his* money, he has access to it and uses it for whatever he wants. His "embassy" fund seems to simply be a politically correct name for "the fund I use to collect all the money I conned off ppl".

I can rename the fund I have all my money in and call it the "embassy" fund, but that wouldnt change that it is *my* money, *I* use it whenever I have a need for it, or simply save it for *me*, and that I have *no* intention of using it for any embassy.

what would he need to spend his cash on when he has that "counterfeit cash"....what would he need money for if he also has a home to sleep in, and plenty of supporters who arrange a place for himn to stay when visiting to teach enlightenment...

Like I said, even the rich want to get richer. Some PPL start in a 2 bedroom house. THey have a place to sleep, eat, live, but they want more. When they get the money, they get a better place. As they make more and more money, they get an even better place, or more places. At a certain point, they're still trying to make money one way or another, even though they seem to have stopped spending it (more or less) for the moment.

and most don't wear all white

Wow! He wears all white? That MUST mean he's not a greedy pig! :rolleyes:

Anyone can wear white whenever they want. Also, it would make sense for a con man trying to convince you that he's some prophet for an alien race who want ppl to donate money to him to wear exactly what he doesn. Afterall, if he had long, dirty hair, was naked, and had a beer bottle in his hand, ppl would be quite as likely to believe in him, would they? As his appearance parallels his story more and more, he seems to affect ppl more and more.

and contribute money towards cloning,

And as for cloning, I sure would want more money to go into it if I thought it would make me immortal.

and teaching healthy views

To an extent, I guess. Then again, if he started telling people to start chain-smoking, I dont think people would be as eager to listen to him.

Personally, I think he's a megalomanic conman, eager to get money to appease his greed and his desire to contribute to his interests.

i get a sense that your a bit tempramental and judgemental...you come off as "its its my way or your wrong completely" without leaving it open for anyone to keep their own opinions and views

Lol. I dont care what opinion you have personally, but when you talk about something I disbelieve in, I'll talk about something you disbelieve in. I have a voice in order to be heard.

As for "it is my way or your [sic] wrong completely," don't you also believe that those who believe liKe I do are wrong?

Edited by Stellar

without draggint his out into osme long discussion that is disected at every word, i will try to explain myself quickly and clearly

i'm not saying that people can't post negative facts...i'm saying that you had a biased statement by saying that he uses his money for other purposes...but then again, what if he does?...its his money, and he isn't spending it on anything harmful or malevolent...what i am saying about everyone has their own beleifs is that EVERYONE has there own beliefs that aren't the same as the others....you have a choice

There is no proof of ETs in the first place. Next, proof of ETs is not proof of Rael's claims.

there is proof of extraterrestrials, and your jumping to conclusions when you assume that because i am Raelian i beleive that's the scientific evidence of extraterrestrials...my beleif in them existing has been throgh photographic evidence, govermental documents, suppressed information, and underground education....this has been way before i even discovered the Raelian revolution...as for the evidence that exists, just check out the suppressed files by the government, and the plenty of amatures who photograph these "anomalies", or the many books that explain the existance, or even study the classic Roswell Incident...

if you think his money is all from "conning people" then that is a biased statement...you don't have any proof that he is conning people other than the fact you don't beleive him...and your right his appearence doesn't change what his true intentions could be..

Personally, I think he's a megalomanic conman, eager to get money to appease his greed and his desire to contribute to his interests

that is a biased statement...and negative...what i mean by negative statements are words that aren't fact, but rather self-stated opinions..

don't you also believe that those who believe liKe I do are wrong?

no, because i suspend judgement, and do not decide that i should make a biased statement. to support my view...i am always willing to be reinstructed, if there is enough proof that what i beleived was not sufficent enough to be explainable

i'm saying that you had a biased statement by saying that he uses his money for other purposes...

How is it biased?

but then again, what if he does?

Nothing. I'm just saying that if he uses all this to get people to donate to his "embassy" fund, and thats not what its really for, he's simply a conman.

there is proof of extraterrestrials,

No, there isnt.

and your jumping to conclusions when you assume that because i am Raelian i beleive that's the scientific evidence of extraterrestrials...

I didnt say that you believe its scientific evidence of ETs because you're Raelian...

my beleif in them existing has been throgh photographic evidence,

1. Can be faked.

2. Can be planes mistaken for other things.

3. Can be odd craft, but terrestrial in origine.

4. Could be alien in origin, but you wouldnt know that now would you?

So, out of the 4 possibilities, 3 are not in your favor. Simply the fact that there are more than 1 possibility shows that photos arent proof of ETs.

govermental documents,

Like what? Those that are considered by ufologists to be fake? Let me ask you this, if the government was trying to hide the existence of aliens, why would they release documents that say there are aliens?

suppressed information,

If the info is supressed then it means theres no info to be used as proof...

and underground education...

?

as for the evidence that exists, just check out the suppressed files by the government,

How am I, or you for that matter, supposed to check out files that are supressed?

and the plenty of amatures who photograph these "anomalies",

Covered above.

or the many books that explain the existance, or even study the classic Roswell Incident...

There are many possible explanations, hence it is not proof of ETs.

if you think his money is all from "conning people" then that is a biased statement...

1. I dont think he got all the money from conning people.

2. Considering his past and his reputation, as well as the unbelieavable (:rolleyes:) lack of any evidence, it is reasonable to assume that Rael is lying about the whole deal. Accepting money based on his story of the elohim wanting ppl to give him money to build an embassy would therefore be considered conning people.

you don't have any proof that he is conning people other than the fact you don't beleive him...

I have his lack of evidence, I have his reputation, I have his past before he became Rael which all show what kind of character he is. He is lacking any evidence to prove his assertation, btw.

If I tried conning someone else yesterday and was caught, and then today I say god has came to me and told me he wants you to give me 50$, wouldnt it be reasonable to assume I'm trying to con you out of 50$? You could say theres a very high chance that I am trying to con you.

Now, I'm not certain Rael is a conman, but his case does sound like a con attempt, and his past doesnt really help him. He could be a conman, or a pure megalomaniac, or the real deal. Considering everything available, logic seems to lean towards one of the first two.

that is a biased statement...and negative...

Biased? Logical. Negative? Realistic.

Its not unfair at all, is it? I think believing him without requiring any evidence of his claims is unfair, however. That would make your belief biased.

what i mean by negative statements are words that aren't fact, but rather self-stated opinions..

So?

no

So if you dont believe I'm wrong, you believe I'm right?

because i suspend judgement, and do not decide that i should make a biased statement.

You dont suspend judgement at all. You already believe this guy. You have unfairly judged in support of his claims.

Edited by Stellar

wooaahh there little stellar buddy, I hope you concentrate as much on life as you do on internet debates

Edited by Uversa

wooaahh there little stellar buddy, I hope you concentrate as much on life as you do on internet debates

lol i've often thought the same, i've rarely ever seen him post unless it's argument or heavy debate... guess everyone lets off steam in their own way. :)

Edited by Richdog