Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demon Baby Doll

Cendari

Hello everyone, I know it's been awhile. I haven't had much internet access since I moved.

During Halloween I was watching the Travel Channel and it was showing various haunted destinations. One I think was in Key West, but I'm not for sure. This is not to be confused with the Robert Doll which is in Key West. The show told about a family who lived anywhere from the 17th to the 18th century. They had tragedy strick them with the death of their infant. Back in those days an artist would come in to paint or make a doll of the deceased young ones. This family had a doll made and the doll was placed next to the baby. The doll and dead infant looked so similar, that it was hard to tell which was which. It was also said that the dead infants spirit transferred itself into the doll.

Now their home is for viewing and the demon doll used to be there. The only pics that were of the doll had black lines going through it. It looked demonic and I personally wouldn't want a pic of it. Even if I did it turns out the doll went missing. Legend has it that the doll was said to move itself throughout the house. Each day the house was opened for touring the doll would be located in a different room. One day the doll simply vanished and hasn't been seen since.

I've tried looking up more info about this demon doll, but so far I haven't found anything. Maybe the family didn't live in Key West but lived elsewhere. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and does anyone have any links with further info about the infant demon doll?

Edited by Cendari

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cendari

• x o i s k

• tcgram

• salxsa

Top Posters In This Topic

try looking on travel.discovery.com. you might be able to recognize the actual location. they have a list of places they've been recently. i tried searching on the website but didn't come up with anything. maybe you'll have better luck. keep us posted if you do. i'd be interested to hear more about this. good luck and happy hunting! :D

Edited by Munchkin

Thanks everyone. Thinking back the family lived near or on an island located in the southern United States. It was a bad place for malaria and they lost a few children to it. I'm still looking for something on it.

Yes I'd like to show the picture if I can find a site that has it. I tried the Travel Channel site, but no luck so far. I wish so badly that I could remember the old families name.

I've been to Key West on vacation like 5 or 6 times and been to the museum before ;) There is something SERIOUSLY WRONG with that doll- I don't know if it's just absorbed some freaky things or what...

Angel

I seem to recall the story as well, I will look and see if I can find it for you.

Now I recall why I hate dolls…

Hello everyone, I know it's been awhile. I haven't had much internet access since I moved.

During Halloween I was watching the Travel Channel and it was showing various haunted destinations. One I think was in Key West, but I'm not for sure. This is not to be confused with the Robert Doll which is in Key West. The show told about a family who lived anywhere from the 17th to the 18th century. They had tragedy strick them with the death of their infant. Back in those days an artist would come in to paint or make a doll of the deceased young ones. This family had a doll made and the doll was placed next to the baby. The doll and dead infant looked so similar, that it was hard to tell which was which. It was also said that the dead infants spirit transferred itself into the doll.

Now their home is for viewing and the demon doll used to be there. The only pics that were of the doll had black lines going through it. It looked demonic and I personally wouldn't want a pic of it. Even if I did it turns out the doll went missing. Legend has it that the doll was said to move itself throughout the house. Each day the house was opened for touring the doll would be located in a different room. One day the doll simply vanished and hasn't been seen since.

I've tried looking up more info about this demon doll, but so far I haven't found anything. Maybe the family didn't live in Key West but lived elsewhere. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and does anyone have any links with further info about the infant demon doll?

:o I saw that documentary too, and I haven't been able to find anything on that doll. If I come across it I certainly will oblige you. As far as that Robert doll goes? I don't understand why no one's lit him on fire. That doll is sick! :angry: I know that if I were that dude's wife? Robert would have met with fire while I were married to him. I still wonder why she tolerated that skanky assed doll. :angry2:

I thought that spirits couldn’t posse’s dolls only people, demons however can posse’s dolls. I have heard of the Robert doll but not the one your referring to.