Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Happy Thanksgiving

Beckys_Mom

Granted I don't celebrate Thanksgiving but I made you guys this (sorry its kinna big)

user posted image

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• __Kratos__

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• ~TheBigK~

No Thanksgiving. That sucks.lol The one day we stuff ourselves to the point of puking. :D

Thats a really cute pic. Thanks.

Edited by ericraven2003

Awesome!

Thanks. OMG yall don't only americans do.

That is soooo funny.Not really but I didn't think PA doesn't celebrate it either. HHMMMM. :hmm:

If I was an american I would be proud to celebrate it ;)

No Thanksgiving. That sucks.lol The one day we stuff ourselves to the point of puking. :D

Thats a really cute pic. Thanks.

Yea but it's an american tradition...but we still get to make ourselves puke with turkey at Christmas time

:P

I have always wanted to be in the USA on the 4th of July and Thanksgiving...I made it to my 1st 4th of July last year and I still have to make it to my 1st Thanksgiving...some day I will

happy T-day to all who celebrate it, everywhere.

Yea but it's an american tradition...but we still get to make ourselves puke with turkey at Christmas time

:P

I have always wanted to be in the USA on the 4th of July and Thanksgiving...I made it to my 1st 4th of July last year and I still have to make it to my 1st Thanksgiving...some day I will

The fourth of July is a good time. You just need to move to the US. Maybe Flordia.You know you would love it.lol :D

The fourth of July is a good time. You just need to move to the US. Maybe Flordia.You know you would love it.lol :D

I go to Florida every year for my holidays LOL and it was in Florida that I got to see my 1st July 4th celebrations and I loved every sec of it.

If I had the money I would move there

;)

:D Love the pic, Beckys Mom!!

Thanks! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Thanksgiving! To all those who celebrate the Day of Giving Thanks!!

user posted image

Y'all are most welcome :)

happy thanks giving to all um members :tu:

including me..why thanks

:D

I think I may just buy myself a tv turkey dinner when the time comes

Cute pic Happy thanksgiving to everyone.

Thats too funny, my friend has that image in her signature on another site. lol

What are the chances of that?

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

And to make things better, my school is going to the State Football Division I Championship!

thanks beckys mom!! :D:D

HAPPY TURKEY DAY ALL! ;)

:sk <--My - I'm so chuffed that you all like it dance!!

Have a good one!

Thanks Beckys_Mom. :D

Happy Thanksgiving all Americans! :)

The First Thanksgiving Proclamation

June 20, 1676

"The Holy God having by a long and Continual Series of his Afflictive dispensations in and by the present Warr with the Heathen Natives of this land, written and brought to pass bitter things against his own Covenant people in this wilderness, yet so that we evidently discern that in the midst of his judgements he hath remembered mercy, having remembered his Footstool in the day of his sore displeasure against us for our sins, with many singular Intimations of his Fatherly Compassion, and regard; reserving many of our Towns from Desolation Threatened, and attempted by the Enemy, and giving us especially of late with many of our Confederates many signal Advantages against them, without such Disadvantage to ourselves as formerly we have been sensible of, if it be the Lord's mercy that we are not consumed, It certainly bespeaks our positive Thankfulness, when our Enemies are in any measure disappointed or destroyed; and fearing the Lord should take notice under so many Intimations of his returning mercy, we should be found an Insensible people, as not standing before Him with Thanksgiving, as well as lading him with our Complaints in the time of pressing Afflictions:

The Council has thought meet to appoint and set apart the 29th day of this instant June, as a day of Solemn Thanksgiving and praise to God for such his Goodness and Favour, many Particulars of which mercy might be Instanced, but we doubt not those who are sensible of God's Afflictions, have been as diligent to espy him returning to us; and that the Lord may behold us as a People offering Praise and thereby glorifying Him; the Council doth commend it to the Respective Ministers, Elders and people of this Jurisdiction; Solemnly and seriously to keep the same Beseeching that being perswaded by the mercies of God we may all, even this whole people offer up our bodies and soulds as a living and acceptable Service unto God by Jesus Christ."

------------------

The First Thanksgiving Proclamation (June 20, 1676)

On June 20, 1676, the governing council of Charlestown, Massachusetts, held a meeting to determine how best to express thanks for the good fortune that had seen their community securely established. By unamimous vote they instructed Edward Rawson, the clerk, to proclaim June 29 as a day of thanksgiving, our first [in what is now the US] . That proclamation is reproduced here in the same language and spelling as the original.

Source

Edited by __Kratos__

Thats the 1st time I have actually read something like that.

We where never taught anything about thanksgiving at school, so it's intresting to read up on it..and then some

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!..I hope you have a safe and wonderful day!..

user posted image

Thats the 1st time I have actually read something like that.

We where never taught anything about thanksgiving at school, so it's intresting to read up on it..and then some

It's curious there was no mention of Native Americans joining them in that feast as protrayed over time in our schools. They speak of "heathen natives", "covenant people in this wilderness" and "enemies".

After reading that last night, I got curious of how it is being taught that they merged as one group on the day of Thanksgiving...