Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What would you do?

Exeter

Please consider the following scenario:

One month from now a massive interstellar craft seemingly appears out of nowhere and settles into orbit around earth. The fact is undeniable; pictures and video of the huge craft spread to all corners of the globe through the media and the internet.

Within hours of it's arrival, the craft begins transmitting basic mathematical equations using simple radio frequencies. Scientists on earth assume this an attempt to communication and begin transmitting equations back to the craft.

A week has gone by, yet, no real communication has been established. Unexpectedly, hundreds of small ships emerge from the huge craft and begin flying low over all the countries of the earth. They are not attacking in any way, but are simply flying all over the globe.

What would happen next?

Would some country scramble jets to intercept the small ships simply because they were invading their airspace and risk war with these obviously advanced aliens?

Or, would everyone just sit around and wait to see if some form of communication is eventually established?

Taking this a step further, what would you do if you were the leader of your country?

I know this sounds like the move Independence Day, but while considering these questions remember that these aliens have committed no acts of violence.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thepsychoticseaotter

• AndyThorley

• snuffypuffer

• Exeter

In my opinion, the most practical choice would be to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. In my respective case, (American), I would hope the pres. would shift the military into DEFCON 1 but not attempt any first-strike measures until their intentions/communications can be ascertained. In this case, if the **** hits the fan, at least we would be able to put up some sort of defense.

Where's uranium when you need him? Doubtless this has actually happened over the little scamp's home town. The noble inhabitants blew the aliens right back to the planet Blob too, I'll warrant.

Chances are, even if no alien ever made a threatening move, the minute a vessel came out of the mother ship, some country would open fire on it, just because it invaded airspace.

Only afterwards would the mmistake be seen and by then it would be too late.

Thanx everyone . The reason I posted this is because I've heard so much about how we (supposedly) are slowly being conditioned by the media to accept the existence of ETs. But, fact is, if aliens ever did make their presence known to the world we would most likely react out of fear and get into a huge mess.

Edited by Exeter

I would put ALL (including reserves) military resources on standby at full alert, continues attempts to communicate and "buzz" their crafts with fighter jets, to gain some kind of response. Theres not really much you can do if thats all they do is continously fly around, but a intelligent species would probably make contact to let any peaceful intentions known, if they were going for a invasion attempt or some kind of attack, they would be intelligent enough to realise we know something is up with the sheer amount of force thats on the ground and air.

I dunno, if they've made no hostile moves, then I doubt that anyone would use force against them, but I do think that the military would be put on alert. Also depends on how the smaller craft are flown around, are they buzzing military bases or just ambling along, checking things out? It would be a watch and see type deal, but I'd hate to have to let them make the first move, it could be a doozy.

Exeter....Are you an alien who's trying to establish the mind of the average human in the event of your species imminent arrival and takeover?

.......cause you've come to the wrong place for a rundown of the average human mind. wink2.gifwacko.gif

Yeah but snuffy you would need the military on the streets to keep human order not against aliens, mass panic looters etc etc

ph34r.gifgunsmilie.gif

I'm sure as soon as one of the small ships was to fly over restricted airspace they'd be order to be shot down. Sad, really. After all the centuries of contemplation whether or not we're alone in the universe, it seems inevitable that first contact would result in war.

Exeter....Are you an alien who's trying to establish the mind of the average human in the event of your species imminent arrival and takeover?

.......cause you've come to the wrong place for a rundown of the average human mind.

Lol grin2.gif No, I'm just making vacation plans for this solar cycle. cool.gif

YEAR! I mean, year! I'm not an alien!!! alien.gif

I think earth would look like a game of risk for the aliens.

And I think, if not a country, a loonie in the jungle or something would fire a bazooka at the ships. (I know him, next door)

The best way for aliens to contact earth would be by signals..communication only as a first step.

since i'm american, i guess i would draft civilians and create a huge military build up. then i would gather allies and convince them to do the same. we could form an alliance or... something. then prep all forces and send jets to patrol, not to intercept. (undoubtly if any country tries to destroy these craft they will probably be turned to ashes or otherwise) anyway, after that i would wait for proper communications to be established. then... who knows?

The main problem with what youre all saying here (about having jets patrol and such) is how would the aliens know that you didnt mean them harm...

I mean flying up to them in a stealth bomber armed to the teeth is hardly going to be the most effective welcome mat...

I'd take a different aproach...broadcast some things back to them...perhaps expand on the ideas they radio'd (sp?) to earth and add a little more...see if we couldnt get some kinda data exchange goin on.

The military would be put on standby...but no extra would be drafted because it would literally be bows and arrows against the lightning if combat broke out...

Three words: " fire at will" let God figure if they were good or not.

I agree with pale horse. The most practical choice would be to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. In my respective case, (American), I would hope the pres. would shift the military into DEFCON 1 but not attempt any first-strike measures until their intentions/communications can be ascertained. In this case, if the **** hits the fan, at least we would be able to put up some sort of defense.

I agree with Blood Angel too. I would put ALL (including reserves) military resources on standby at full alert. It would be a part of the preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

However like Kaj I also think earth would look like a game of risk for the aliens and I think a loonie would open fire on the ships.

I would try to figure out why the aliens aren't responding to our signals that we are broadcasting. Maybe trying a visual message like a blinking light or something to get there attention to communicate with them. I would also have to question if there was no answer given if the aliens can understand the usage of their machinery, considering you don't have to be very smart to push a button to make something work.

I would definately enforce martial law simply to protect the population from itself because there are always going to be those whack jobs out their. Considering that there are people out their that still think we are the center of the universe I would position guards at key scientific installations to protect them from those that wish to disrupt the flow of information. I would definately recommend that all the governments cooperate with each other in case of the manure hitting the fan cause it is gonna be a combined effort to get rid of them.

Definately would be a good cause to get a global government to help fend off another attempt at a hostile take over of Earth. Although that is a far reaching hope but one that will have a lot of merit behind it if anything does happen.

I would sit back and wait and see what happens. And keep trying to communicate with them somehow & make it clear we are peacefull (most of use at least, not regarding the closeminded nitwits ) grin2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

This is all so interesting!!:)

Personally my aproach would be wait and see/try to communicate, although I would try to keep the public as informed and under-control as possible, to prevent a conflict. Because if a conflict between humans and advanced aliens were to occur, we would all be up you-know-what creek.

(the aliens would have to be pretty advanced to get from wherever they came from to earth)

whistling2.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I would probably run out to them with open arms screaming "(PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!!! PLEASE GET ME OFF THIS STINKEN ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a hypothetical question that may infact have already occured in varying degrees, but based on the data from previous encounters with extra terrestrials i can only assume that like mexico when a huge wave hit and there were dozens of craft in daylight seen by hundreds of witnesses, nothing actually was mentioned BY THE GOVERNMENT at the time except no doubt some pathetic excuse. So i believe that this could happen tomorrow but there would be no major situation just a casual brainwashing of the people BY THE MEDIA through the military industrial complex to control this event from escalating in the first place.

President Bush would probably attack but I dont think that we should fight. Then the aliens would probably use their awesome technology to wipe us off the face of the earth. *sigh*

Yeah bush woudl proably belike "hey theve gots oil on them dar home planet! lets kill them al land take their oil!!!" XD

Yeah bush woudl proably belike "hey theve gots oil on them dar home planet! lets kill them al land take their oil!!!" XD

huh.gif God I love you people your so entertaining in a misinformed preschooler way

Us being the human race would end up screwing ourselves and start a war with the aliens