Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Sherapy

Worship?

77 posts in this topic

Sherapy

Why does one choose to worship be it jesus, a diety, or why does one chose not too??? Namaste Sheri

SilverCougar

Why do I choose to believe in gods...

Simply put, it's a spiritual matter. Bast, Dionysus.. Goddess and her Consort.... give me a something that science cannot. But this does not mean I don't believe that science is a farce... X)

etvisitor7

Why does one choose to worship be it jesus, a diety, or why does one chose not too??? Namaste Sheri

:innocent: I choose to not worship anyone or anything. Rather, I choose to love all life, All That Is. If worshipping means being submissive and giving my power away to the object of my worship, then I will have NONE of it! Jesus is our brother man in the highest stage of evolution and consciousness, and we are all equal to him in our potential power. But we should not worship a man, no matter how advanced he may be. That is idol worship. And even God does not require our worship of Him/Her. The goddess/god power dwells within all of us, not only in Jesus. Therefore, he is not superior to us in any way; he had no desire for us to place him on a pedestal. The great Ascended Masters, such as Jesus, Buddha and Lady Kwan Yin, find our worship suffocating and stifling. It is a monstrous waste of energy, time and much-needed resources.

It is far better to choose to FOLLOW THE EXAMPLE OF THE GREAT ASCENDED MASTERS, PHILOSOPHERS AND TEACHERS OF THE WORLD. They are mirrors of our own True Selves. But one should choose whatever works for oneself. FOLLOW YOUR OWN HEART which is the truest guide to success and happiness in life. It matters not whether you follow the example of advanced teachers and philosophers. In the final analysis, it is your choice how you live your life; only you can know in the depths of your HEART what works for you and what doesn't. :yes:

Sherapy

Mark why would we need to follow anyone if our wisdom is in our hearts" If creation originates it doesn't duplicate why are we seeking to all be the same??? Namaste Sheri

Jodie.Lynne

many people worship, i think, because it gives them a sense of order. The individual may not see the 'big picture' but is confident that there is someone who does (their god).

Things happen in our lives that are inexplicible, that we cannot fathom the why of; believing in a deity that "knows the fall of each sparrow", gives them reassurance that there is a plan, however subtle it may be.

For others, it is a sense that, no matter how rough they have it in this world, their god will make sure they are taken care of in the next. These people also seem to like the idea of a judgemental deity, that will punish the 'wicked & evil' of this world.

For me, personally, I do not worship, but rather acknowledge the creator. To worship my concept of deity would be to worship myself since I beleive that we are each a part of the creator. Splinters of gods consciousness, if you will.

good journey

Kismit

It's because ....

I am. And if I wasn't then I wouldn't, but I am and for that I am happy and thankfull. :yes:

because as a Christian you are supposed to worship God. And I really like it. :yes:

ramster83

I worship God because he clearly deserves it...And no im not restricted or fearful or anything like that...I choose to worship because i want to, not because i have to. I dont have ego or superiority issues that stop me from doing so- many say they dont want to worship because they dont want to "surrender" or be on a "lower level" and to me thats a bit silly...You arent being degraded by worshipping, you can still have a mind of your own and do what you want to do and trust in your loving God. Worshipping God makes me feel good - give credit when credit is due. :)

etvisitor7

Mark why would we need to follow anyone if our wisdom is in our hearts" If creation originates it doesn't duplicate why are we seeking to all be the same??? Namaste Sheri

What I'm saying is that the outer world is a manifestation of our own inner selves, therefore we can learn endless wisdom through observing and following the example of all life around us. All living things are essentially our Other Selves because we are All One. Therefore, we can learn infinitely from our Other Selves. I'm not saying that we are seeking to all be the same; rather, we are striving to be our own individual, unique selves through a constant interplay with both our Inner and Outer Selves.

It's not that we NEED to follow the example of the world's great teachers and philosophers, but, because they have advanced to a high stage of evolvement, we can learn very much knowledge and wisdom from them, IF WE WANT TO. Yes, our wisdom is in our hearts, but that very wisdom often appears in the form of some other living being. Our Inner Self often attracts the knowledge we require from out of the outside world in the form of a book or a person or an animal or a teacher or even a simple rock or plant. That is why we can learn much from the great teachers and philosophers, WHEN OUR HEART ATTRACTS THEM TO US through our own inner desire. We do not want to be EXACTLY THE SAME as these advanced, highly evolved brothers and sisters because each and everyone of them is a unique personality, as we all are. But we can, if we desire, take from them whatever wisdom is applicable to us and which works for us, and disregard the rest.

In the world today there are millions of little children who are full of wisdom and inner beauty. Many adults can learn so very much from them. Sometimes our own HEART brings wisdom to us by attracting, for example, a wise child into our lives in the form of either a son or daughter, a brother or sister, or a friend. The wisdom in our own hearts has manifested that child into our lives, so that that child then becomes our teacher in many ways. When we see that child's inner beauty, we often desire to FOLLOW THAT CHILD'S EXAMPLE. It is not that we are trying to be exactly the same as him or her. But two unique individuals can learn much from each other because WE ARE ALL ONE. :wub:

Sherapy

Mark why would we need outside wisdom if we are the wisdom we seek??? Do we really need jesus to show us to do unto others??? Do we need Ghandi to remind us to be peaceful??/ Why haven't these ideas stuck??? Why are we as a whole worshipping them from afar , dismissing them as impossible to achieve, I don't know if you read the world peace thread many have no hope for peace , namaste Sheri

Preacherbill

Worship is a wonderful thing for those who do it. For those who don't they have their reasons. It provides comfort and community. When i am able to lead a worship service each sunday it is a humbling experience for me. It helps me to see the majesty of God and the gifts that i have recived from him. It is a time to teach, to reflect to ask forgiveness, to be refreshed for the week to come.

But thats just me.

Turtle

Worship is a wonderful thing for those who do it. For those who don't they have their reasons. It provides comfort and community. When i am able to lead a worship service each sunday it is a humbling experience for me. It helps me to see the majesty of God and the gifts that i have recived from him. It is a time to teach, to reflect to ask forgiveness, to be refreshed for the week to come.

But thats just me.

Ask for forgivness???

Why not get togeather in community and celebrate life???

Good grief.

Why must everything we do turn to sin and require us to beg for forgivness?

Maybee, if I do absolutely nothing, then I will not need to beg for forgivness, but...then I would be wasting the life God gave me..damned if I do, damn if I don't.

Edited by Turtle

mako

Turtle, I must agree with you! I can have community and fellowship without worshipping anything (the one thing I love about the Creator is that he asks for no worship), I need not ask forgiveness of the Creator, but of those I wrong, a much harder task! Of course, we Deists have no concept of sin, that was an idea originated by the Hebrews by way of the Persian and mean only that you went against the will of god. How do we know the will of god? Most of what we call sins were regulated against by the law of man, long before any of our present crop of religions came along. We have no reason to worship, unless we wish to. Otherwise we can stand in awe of the Creators beautify universe! :yes:

Preacherbill

Turtle, I must agree with you! I can have community and fellowship without worshipping anything (the one thing I love about the Creator is that he asks for no worship), I need not ask forgiveness of the Creator, but of those I wrong, a much harder task! Of course, we Deists have no concept of sin, that was an idea originated by the Hebrews by way of the Persian and mean only that you went against the will of god. How do we know the will of god? Most of what we call sins were regulated against by the law of man, long before any of our present crop of religions came along. We have no reason to worship, unless we wish to. Otherwise we can stand in awe of the Creators beautify universe! :yes:

The origonal Question was about worship. I can only speak of worship from my own faith. As a Christian that means i acept the idea of sin and the falleness of Mankind. If that is not your faith, i respect that. I would only ask that your respect mine as well. It is possible for us to agree to disagree on maters of theology. The important aspect of forgivness in the Christian worship is to emphisise the grace and forgivness offerd by God for acts that we know are wrong from our own personal belief system. I do not tell anyone that they must worship in the manner that i do. I do not go out and atempt to evangalize to anyone who does not want me to. I am only evangalise to those who ask me about God. And i will be the first to tell them if they are not comfortable in a particualr faith tradtion or religon they should look elsewhere.

The important aspect of forgivness in the Christian worship is to emphisise the grace and forgivness offerd by God for acts that we know are wrong from our own personal belief system.

And i will be the first to tell them if they are not comfortable in a particualr faith tradtion or religon they should look elsewhere.

So if God will forgive us for whatever we believe is wrong, according to each person's belief, then God will forgive us for anything? What then is the reason for asking for God's forgiveness if we are doing nothing 'wrong' in God's eyes in the first place?

Preacherbill

So if God will forgive us for whatever we believe is wrong, according to each person's belief, then God will forgive us for anything? What then is the reason for asking for God's forgiveness if we are doing nothing 'wrong' in God's eyes in the first place?

Its called CHeap grace. It would take a long time to expliain. If you are interested in these ideas, read Bonhoffer, Luther, Calvin for starters. There are libraries full of writings on it by people who are more eloquent at explining it than i am. It boils down to this we are forgiven by God for our sins, and in that forgivness we have a responsiblity to try and improve ourselves. The problem we run into as a Church is that most people forget the part about a responsiblity to try and improve ourselves.

Turtle

The origonal Question was about worship. I can only speak of worship from my own faith. As a Christian that means i acept the idea of sin and the falleness of Mankind. If that is not your faith, i respect that. I would only ask that your respect mine as well. It is possible for us to agree to disagree on maters of theology. The important aspect of forgivness in the Christian worship is to emphisise the grace and forgivness offerd by God for acts that we know are wrong from our own personal belief system. I do not tell anyone that they must worship in the manner that i do. I do not go out and atempt to evangalize to anyone who does not want me to. I am only evangalise to those who ask me about God. And i will be the first to tell them if they are not comfortable in a particualr faith tradtion or religon they should look elsewhere.

That's a cop out.

You are posting in an open forum, not your church pulpit.

Youy are going to be challenged for making assertions here.

Good luck and welcome to the forum

Preacherbill

That's a cop out.

You are posting in an open forum, not your church pulpit.

Youy are going to be challenged for making assertions here.

Good luck and welcome to the forum

It is never a cop out to explin you own beliefs. In my form of worship, sin and forgivness have an important place. if you dont like that i am sorry. THat is part of what happens in CHristian worship. As christians we belive that man is a fallen creature that is incapable of freeing himself from sin. God is the only way that we find forgivness from sin and redemption. Again i emphisie that this is a Christian view and is not held by all people. If that is not acceptable to you then do not worship with christians. Its just that easy. Thankfully in our day and age no one forces you at sword point or gunpoint to worship in a way you choose not to. At least not in the good old USA.

Turtle

The problem we run into as a Church is that most people forget the part about a responsiblity to try and improve ourselves.

Perhaps because your faith has taken that power away from your followers.

How can you improve yourself when you are a sinner, not worthy in the eyes of God?

Feeling guilty and asking forgiveness from an All-forgiving God who gives us free-choice sounds like a twisted argument. Who gets benefit from that?

I believe that self-improvement and self-growth are natural parts of our lives. They do not need forcing.

Worship, too is another thing that is not required, unless you believe that you need to get on your knees to ask for forgiveness...

Rufio85

When I was a christian, I must admit, even when i worshipped, it was mainly to see if anything would happen. When I saw people falling over like and some people crying, I just wanted to experience that effect for myself. I think it was meant to be a time where people could give thanks, but afterwards would always follow a prayer time, and i used to think of it as 'we scratch god's back, he'll scratch ours'.

meh, but i must state that i was only 10 at the time.

GIDEON MAGE

worship is just a way of realizing how small we are. thanks would be more important.

MALCHI41

Well the best way to answer that is,Take a good look at yourself,Now ask yourself what it would be like for someone to have wronged you and never say I am sorry? How would you feel about that? What would it be like if some continue to offend you after countless times of apologizing. Well it would not go well with me, and I am sure that most people will only tolorate this behavior for a short period.

I will forgive you for whatever you have done but it comes a time for seperation.

Luk 17:3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

Luk 17:4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

The offending brother must repent !!!!!!AND SO SHALL WE.\

Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Act 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by [that] man whom he hath ordained; [whereof] he hath given assurance unto all [men], in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Believe in Lord Jesus and turn from our wicked ways......

MALCHI41

I choose to worship the Lord because of what he has done. I truley believe that This Man called Jesus was sent by God to redeem us from sin, A nd being that he died for us means that he loved us ..AMEN...and being that there is a person that loves me that much I worship him.

But in order to worship anything you must have some faith that it excist. I worship my Wife and my Kids also But there is something about Jesus that puts him above all.

As a child in Christ the worship exsperiance became more intence as the years went buy, As I learned to trust in Him and Kick against my desires,The awesome power of God began to manifest in my life as Flesh patterns began to fall off and the spirit mann began to flourish.

Jhn 4:24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

I challenge you to try HIM for yourself. deligently seek him, denie all for him and you shall see that God is real. When things get ruff there is also a weapon of praise.Praise him for what you know he is going to do for you. Be thankful what he has done, If you dnt get what ya want its for a reason, everything happends for a reason when you are walking in the will of GOD...We all are men and woman of God decieved by the World. God desire us to be Holy and not as the world wants to mold us. PRAISE THE MIGHTY NAME OF GOD!!!!

I worship Him

:yes:

GIDEON MAGE

Hey-I challenge you to reject Jesus and follow God!