Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Bible Code

Althalus

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aquatus1

• Independent1

• Talon

• Horatio

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is now a new book out on the subject called 'The Bible Code 2'

Well theres an original title if ever there was one.

• 3 weeks later...

I was fascinated by the Bible code for a while. Untill I heard that one could get very detailed information the same way from other popular books... best example is "Moby Dick".

Check this link :

Bible code - Moby Dick - Princess Di cluster

Just a small example..and there are LOTS!

• 1 year later...

i saw the book the bible code in the book store, i was about to buy it but i didnt. But it did look very interesting know that i think about it, after i get done reading this new book i am definitly going to buy it and see what the future has planed.. but im curious, have the previous predictions in the bible code been correct?

Has anyone ever heard of this? Anyone have any news on if it's real or not?

The Bible Code is a system of cross-referencing letters in the Bible that is alleged to be able to decode certain prophesies, the most famous (and pretty much the only one found prior to the actual event) being the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin. The only problem is that one can use it to find pretty much any message that one wishes in any book of sufficient length. That's the magic of numbers at work. When this was pointed out to Michael Drosnin, creator of the Bible Code, he responded:

"When my critics find a message about the assassination of a prime minister encrypted in Moby Dick, I'll believe them."

Here then, are several predictions foung in Moby Dick. One can also find them in other novels such as Les Miserables, and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Bible Code and Moby Dick

Incidentaly, Michael is still insisting his system works.

Edited by aquatus1

im christian and i dont know much about the Bible Code...but i feel that we dont have the right to know the future unless God commands us or shows us himself like he did to John in Revelations

You can find pretty much anything you want if you can find a book long enough. Since all you're doing is trying to find a mathematical formula that will create a pattern that will eventually by luck find something that appears as a prophecy. I'd need it to predict something really big before it happened before I'd give it any credence. Sides the fact that they're using an english translation of the hebrew bible to find english names is kind of rediculous don't you think?

I don't believe that whatever "code" the Bible gives is just non-sence. The Bible Code gives a mystical effect to the Bible. The Bible wasn't written to be a mystical or magical thing; just a message. I do, however, have the Bible Code program on my computer. Every now and again, when I am bored, I put in keywords and search the Bible for the code containing those words. It's interesting what I find. But there is nothing magical to it.

Edited by DrStrangelove

would be neat if it were true,

actually, its not true and its still kinda neat..interesting to think Melville foretold Di's death *L*

I want next week lotto numbers, shall we try Dickens?

That reminds me of a Chris Rock bit:

"If all these psychics are real, why haven't they won the lottery yet?"

Some of the predictions found in the bible code don't come true_such as the one about a terrorist attack on that famous Australian bridge. The date for that has come and gone and no attack. We didn't even hear about a thwarted attack.

There's a new prediction from the bible code, now, it is_ Laura Bush will be killed in mid September or October 2004. (Something about a helicopter being shot down)

Edited by Babs

Finding a code in the Bible, or in any other book, is a numbers game, just like all numerology.

If you read the book out loud, and then play it backwards, I guarantee parts of it will sound like a message in whatever language you speak. There, you discovered another secret code.

First note, mods, if this is not the right place for this, move it

Anyway, back in what English call Year 6, I was sitting in English, and we were talking about something, death probably (my class was like that tongue.gif ). I made a prophicy that I would die at the age of 15, through a car crash. That was all I said, no details about the crash, except the fact that my mother would be driving (my father can't). I made jokes about it for the next 4 years, up until today (putting me at 13, my current age.) Now, this is where it gets freaky. I am watching a program as I type, called 'Conspiracies...the bible code.' and they mentioned something. A atomic holichaust (sp?) would happen in 2006, when I would be 15! Now, that got me thinking, and I think that the car crash may be cause by an atomic explosion. I am yet to discuss this with my friends, and would wish for your feedback before I do.

Really now, there are so many ways to die in a given year, why nuclear holocaust? Stick with the car crash, it is more believable. For the record, I doubt that you are going to die in a car crash on your fifteenth year. The odds of you guessing right on all those factors is astronomical.

Strangely enough, I entierly agree. I just thought it as a strange coincedence that the year that I guess my death is also the year that someone has guess the world 'ending'

Ehh, every year has a few crackpots claiming it will end. If I recall, Weekly World News (a less than credible newspaper, often concerning Bigfoot's wedding and Elvis sightings) has a November issue dedicated to these. The only thing all these end of the world theories have in common is that not a single one of them has ever come to pass.

the fact that nobody realizes that the Torah code (hebrew Bible)

was intentionally inspired by God Himself is not surprising since

nobody here believes in God. But I have to say that if you deny

the existane of the Bible Code, you are ignorant. That simple.

Not to be rude or anything, but there is alot of things we don't

know. Ok?

Oh, I don't deny the Bible Code exists. After all, it can be used by pretty much anybody on pretty much any book with enough words in it. I just deny that it can be used to make any sort of meaningful predictions from the Bible. To date, it has a stunning record of one single success (predictions made after the event has occurred don't count).

Oh, incidentaly, when you claim that not believing what you believe is ignorant , particularly when you do not support your belief with anything other than your say-so, that is rude.

the fact that nobody realizes that the Torah code (hebrew Bible)

was intentionally inspired by God Himself is not surprising since

nobody here believes in God. But I have to say that if you deny

the existane of the Bible Code, you are ignorant. That simple.

Not to be rude or anything, but there is alot of things we don't

know. Ok?

286201[/snapback]

I do believe in God, but the bible code is a load of bull.

Since the first versions of the old testament books or torah books were written without vowels, how can you decode them? And since the code would need to be as accurate as possible, the oldest manuscripts would be the ones you would want to work with.

If you doubt this claim about the oldest dated manuscripts containing no vowels, read "Reading the Old Testament: An Introduction" by Lawrence Boadt, 1984, specifically page 70.