Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Whatever possessed Vic...?

Agent_21

The Daily Mail magazine of 9th August had a three page feature on Vic Reeves' participation in the TV programme 'Most Haunted', to be televised on the 23rd.

A Mail journalist accompanied Vic and his wife to Belgrave Hall, Leicestershire, where they spent the night accompanied by a TV crew and the presenters. The article began with several paragraphs about Vic's private life (typical Mail) but goes on to recount a nightmarish series of events occurring during the vigil.

Vic, it seems, is fascinated with the paranormal, has had several unusual experiences and is 'Here as Jim Moir' (his real name), not as 'Vic'. In scenes to rival any gothic horror, presenter Derek Acorah suffers some kind of fit and stops breathing. Vic, having gone to his aid and touched him, suddenly rushes off 'like a man possessed', ranting and cursing at some invisible entity. It takes considerable time for some semblance of order to be restored. There's never a man with a stick when you want one!

Since I never get to see these programmes, and with tabloid journalists rarely letting the truth get in the way of a good tale, I ask: is Derek Acorah 'Britains most respected paranormal investigator' on the level?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Halo_Jones

• Agent_21

• AndyThorley

• Kira

I'm soooo looking forward to watching this episode of MH tomorrow night.

Derek Derek he's our man

if he can't scare ya

nobody can

Whooo hoo

notworthy.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifnotworthy.gif

bounce.gifbounce.gif its on tonight at 9pm Sky Living channel I can't wait thumbsup.gif

I havent heard of most haunted...but I do know that there's a whole night of paranormal TV on tonight, which Im looking forward to happy.gif

Well I hope you geta chance to watch Most Haunted tonight if you do see it let us know what you think, if you miss it Celti's taping it for Saruman and I'm sure he'll send it to you after.

Oh Celti yes I know I still have the tape of the Christmas special I'll make sure you get it back soon. grin2.gif

This psychic night is pretty bad...

The first hour was all about new age religion, which just...it was terrible.

Things like having important new age religious figures say (and I quote) "all that science has taught us is wrong. I wouldnt be surprised if tomorrow they came out and said 'everything we have told you so far is a lie'"

The second hour was a jaded report on psychics...whether they exist or not (they had a couple of unannounced hot and cold readings before talking to a psychic who just went mad at how the report so far had showed psychics to bea healer (perhaps because she didnt get the concept of a debate format...

The third hour (which is on now) is "the top 10 ways to contact the dead" a cheesy and tacky look into clairevoyance and such. Theyve presented the method then had a scientist disprove whatever they suggested.

For Zombies and such he's questionned why no one has ever even seen one.

Ouija boards he's said how people are subconciously moving the stone, whatever without knowing it.

Electronic interferences he's saying how humans try to make sense of the ambiguous...hearing things in white noise etc.

Overall...this was a wasted night....

You people with your cable, you think you are sooo much better than the rest of us!!

Okay, I'll get off my podium and admit I wish I could see some of those shows as I only have two channels....two godawful Canadian channels and one is local....why god why??!! notworthy.gif

w00t.gif Welll what a MH.. I was very wary of Vic Reeves being in it, but oo not going to give it all away but I will send it SaRuMaN so he can have a look see and if you want to see it Agent 21 / Andy I'm sure that I can send it on to u afterwards.

As I'm taping them for my cousin who is in Oz...

I still have the last series on Tape as she's coming over Xmas time so she'll collect them then, so u are most welcom to watch those.... grin2.gif

Edited by Celticwitch

Celticwitch - thank you for the generous offer. I will shortly be away for a week or so, so I'll maybe take you up on it a bit later. It sounds like I've been missing out on something good. I hope everyone made it out of that place in one piece!

Bearing in mind what Andy Thorley said re the 'psychic night', I checked through much of the recording I made of it and agree, it was pretty awful. Thanks again. grin2.gif