Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Charged With Killing Over A Beer

Althalus

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (Reuters) - A New Mexico man has been charged with beating a woman to death with a lead pipe because he did not want to share his Budweiser beer with her, according to court documents.

Charles Lee Vennevy, 26, was charged with killing 41-year-old Yvonne Garcia and beating her male companion last Monday night before leaving them for dead in downtown Albuquerque. Vennevy is in custody and bail was set on Wednesday at $1 million (630 million pounds) in cash, according to a criminal complaint obtained on Thursday.

According to the complaint filed, Vennevy was drinking beer with friends. Garcia approached the group wanting to drink with them, and was turned away. She returned later with a friend, and a fight ensued over the beer.

While Garcia "was on all fours looking at the ground," Vennevy is suspected of kicking her in the face with his steel-toed work boots, then hitting her over the head with a lead pipe. He is also suspected of attacking her companion, the complaint said.

Garcia was found by a security guard and later pronounced dead at the scene. Her male companion was treated and released from a nearby hospital, having lost his left eye after being struck with the pipe.

Vennevy was charged with murder, attempted murder, armed robbery, and tampering with evidence.

Yahoo News

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Althalus

• Nintendork

• Engulf

• Seraphina

Vennevy is in custody and bail was set on Wednesday at $1 million (630 million pounds) in cash

$1 Million = 630 Thousand pounds (approx).

Personally I'd rather it be 630 million pounds, as I'dgo to the US and win the lottery and come back.

• 2 weeks later...

This is horrible, and for budweiser no less sad.gif 

I wonder what that awful man has to say for himself.

hey, but it was a budwieser user posted image

My best friend actually heard a story kinda like this in England...his girlfriend's dad was in a pub with a guy, and someone spilt his pint. Even though he recieved an apology, and was bought a new pint, the guy dragged the spiller outside, and killed him by grinding a broken bottle into his face.

I think the guy's in a mental hospital now; either that, or locked up in Stafford Prison. If you happen to live near there, that's an example of the kind of loonies you're sharing a community with...(has been told the prison is right in the middle of the city, without any separation from the residental and shopping districts beyond a wall)

• 1 month later...

I'm not a big drinker myself...I'm not t-total or anything, or have any moral objection to it...I just don't like the taste of alchohol blink.gif

*wonders if this makes her weird, with her clean and healthy liver*

I know of a young man in England whose 20. He lived with 3 friends in an apartment. When one of his “friends” kicked his dog, he pulled a knife from the draw and stabbed the man in the stomach! He wasn’t even under the influence! Is this world going crazy? wacko.gif