Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I don't adam & eve it!

Beckys_Mom

My little girl has had the cold for a few days now, and last night for the 3rd time she sneezed into my face lol. I awoke this morning with the same thing and I am aching all over too. I rarely feel sick, and as I have gone off painkillers I have no idea what to take as a quick fix.

It's my little neices 4th b'day party tomorrow and gee she wants me to come and I fear giving her an unwelcomed present sniff sniff!!

I have tried honey & lemon..I still feel the same, and my voice is going too!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Space Commander Travis

• iaapac

• Megalomania

there's a lot of it going round.

big hugs and healing energies sent.

:)

why is it called "i dont adam and eve it!" when the story has nothing to do with adam or eve, or anything to that affect?

why is it called "i dont adam and eve it!" when the story has nothing to do with adam or eve, or anything to that affect?

I think it's cockney rhyming slang for 'I don't believe it' or soemthing like that.

:ph34r:

I think it's cockney rhyming slang for 'I don't believe it' or soemthing like that.

LOL Correct...If you have watched Only Fools & horses you would understand what it is slang for ;)

747400...you are very kind TY :)

Try carrots and sugar mix, it used to work for me when I had that.

I hope you and your daughter get well soon.

Try carrots and sugar mix, it used to work for me when I had that.

I hope you and your daughter get well soon.

Thanks

But the funny thing about it is, my daughter has not once moaned or cried due to the cold that she has. When she coughs a lot and sneezes she smiles after it, unlike me I sit and moan about it!!

I still am

:cry:

Whatever you do, don't sneeze on your pillow! :D

Because then when you lie down after you're better, you'll get it again 0_o

Hope you feel better soon!!

Try drinking a bit of coffee... It clears my sinuses really well (plus coffee tastes so good), perks me up enough to get up and get moving (moving also makes me feel better).

Chicken broth will help.

So will orange juice for the vitamin C.

If push comes to shove... a couple shots of whiskey will ease your suffering as well.

If push comes to shove... a couple shots of whiskey will ease your suffering as well.

Man after my own heart!

But it does work better with honey and lemon served hot, and preferably just before you go to bed, to sweat out the cold. :tu:

I have to go and buy the chicken soup. I already have some honey & lemon but it wouldn't hurt to add a drop of whisky!!

ouch :ph34r::ph34r: thats gonna burn,baby!!! :D:w00t::D:w00t:

Man after my own heart!

But it does work better with honey and lemon served hot, and preferably just before you go to bed, to sweat out the cold. :tu:

Tlhat's what I was going to say. Becky's Mom said she took honey and lemon but where was the whiskey?

Tlhat's what I was going to say. Becky's Mom said she took honey and lemon but where was the whiskey?

I don't really like whiskey but before I go to bed tonight and everyone else is asleep, I will take a lil shot to help myself sleep...its a good thing Becky sleeps all night, cuz if she didn't I don't think me drinking whiskey before bed time would be a good idea.

I thoutht this cold would be almost gone by now but it has gotten worse and my head feels so heavy

:(

I don't really like whiskey but before I go to bed tonight and everyone else is asleep, I will take a lil shot to help myself sleep...its a good thing Becky sleeps all night, cuz if she didn't I don't think me drinking whiskey before bed time would be a good idea.

I thoutht this cold would be almost gone by now but it has gotten worse and my head feels so heavy

:(

Heat the lemon juice and honey. It must be hot. Mix with a healthy shot of whiskey and drink it all down at once. You will wake up a different woman. Oh, but none of us wants that.

Heat the lemon juice and honey. It must be hot. Mix with a healthy shot of whiskey and drink it all down at once. You will wake up a different woman. Oh, but none of us wants that.

It's gonna taste horrible but ok I will give it a go...I hope I wake up a different woman too LOL

:yes:

It's gonna taste horrible but ok I will give it a go...I hope I wake up a different woman too LOL

:yes:

That happened to me once . . . . no, not quite now that I think about it. I woke up WITH a different woman.

Heat the lemon juice and honey. It must be hot. Mix with a healthy shot of whiskey and drink it all down at once.

Even better, leave out the lemon juice and honey, that's what I do ...

That happened to me once . . . . no, not quite now that I think about it. I woke up WITH a different woman.

:lol::lol:

Here's what seems to help me w/this nasty stuff: I drink herbal tea, either peppermint or lemon w/honey; the hotter the better. I also start taking extra vitamin C and drink hot chicken broth or chicken soup, whichever is handy. Hope this helps and you're back to feeling fine soon! :)

I'm off school today with the cold :( Actually, thats a good thing...

I'm drinking some odd fizzy herbal tea thing. Dunno if it's helping, but it's nice. Also, Karvol Oil clears your head :tu:

Oh, another thing, echinacea oil in water builds up your immune system, you should take it when you have the cold and all through the winter to keep it away.