Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monk on Fire

analog_warrior

I saw this picture of a monk in protest in my history book and noticed odd things in it.

In area 1 it looks like a head. In area 2 it looks like a person lunging upwards. And in area 3, I'm not sure but, it looks like Death. You decide.

post-23997-1133380857_thumb.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jonb

• analog_warrior

• Delilah

• BigfootForever

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can see a vague human like face in the flames in area 1, but only because it was pointed out by the OP. Otherwise I wouldn't have noticed it. The other two areas are just smoke.

But I concur, that you can 'see' many interpretive objects, if you look at something the right way.

You know when 911 happened. Well it was showing a bulding on fire and in the flames, my dad an i saw it exactly the same time, something that looked like the devil, like the devil you see in books and stuff. it might of been our imaginations playing triks, it might even of been edited for a sick joke before they showed it on the news. But it was still a bit weird : /

I saw this picture of a monk in protest in my history book and noticed odd things in it.

In area 1 it looks like a head. In area 2 it looks like a person lunging upwards. And in area 3, I'm not sure but, it looks like Death. You decide.

I see a face for area 2.. :blink:

You know when 911 happened. Well it was showing a bulding on fire and in the flames, my dad an i saw it exactly the same time, something that looked like the devil, like the devil you see in books and stuff. it might of been our imaginations playing triks, it might even of been edited for a sick joke before they showed it on the news. But it was still a bit weird : /

I remember seeing that too! It looked like mr devil to me... :devil::huh:

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/wtcface.htm

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/f/faces.htm

http://www.bibleprobe.com/smokeface.htm

urfgh, your mind is seeing pattern in randomness like discussed everywhere, i was at a massive bonfire a few weeks ago and took some pics, could find lots of faces, people, profiles and stuff in the flames, its just your mind trying to work it out.

Im sorry, I tried to look at it with an open mind, but I just dont see anything that you described :no:

same with me , l can't see anything abnormal about the pic , sorry. :blush:

There are faces everywhere. Welcome to the human brain.

Also, look at the Monk! There's a face on him too!

Um.....I think you're missing the point of the picture. :(

The flames look like..................flames.

Hmmm....I see bunny rabbits and butterflys........oh yeah, and a man Bar-B-Qing himself. I guess it really is the perception of the viewer. Weird....

He set himself on fire, so its okay.

I don't see any faces either. The way some people interpret these pics of smoke and fire, there are just masses of spirits or demons floating around whenever something burns.

I dont think you guys get the point...THERES A GUY ON FIRE AND HES JUST SITTING THERE!!!

OMG i heard about that protest! wasn't it against something the UN did or something like that??

I wont be able to sleep tonight

wasnt it a protest for the vietnam war, or somthing similar, he poured himself in gas, sat in a medatitive position and just sat there whilst he burned to death, amazing will power and state of mind to be able to do somthing like that.

*wait got wires crossed here, he was a vietnamese born buddhist monk, who wanted to make an appeal to end religious repression in his country of birth..

http://www.news14charlotte.com/content/loc...D=49760&SecID=2

Edited by jonb

So what did really happened to that monk? He0s on fire and seems to not feel a thing..

There are more pictures other than that one showing exactly how it went. He burned to death, of course.

I've seen this piture before. I can make out a numbre of small faces in the flames. I can also see faces in the decorative tiles of my bathroom floor!

The only face in that picture that really matters is the one of the monk. He died in a way that I can't even imagine. He certainly suffered terribly before losing conciousness.

I don't really see faces.

All I know is that this picture is used in the Rage Against The Machine self-titled album cover. And it's right that this monk burned to death as a form of protest against the Vietnam war.

i fail to see any faces aswell, but there are several case's of monks burning themselves in protest during the vietnam war, shows how deep meditation can even remove the feeling of pain

I've seen this piture before. I can make out a numbre of small faces in the flames. I can also see faces in the decorative tiles of my bathroom floor!

The only face in that picture that really matters is the one of the monk. He died in a way that I can't even imagine. He certainly suffered terribly before losing conciousness.

No one could imagine that, what a sacrifice.

Oh, and I also agree about the faces. love looking at cloud formations in the summer.

You look at smoke enough and you can see anything in it. It's not that much of a stretch to point out things that look like human faces or bodies. I for one didn't see anything at all.