Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hog Dog Fighting

40nrockinon

pitbulls who are (trained) to fight,

ripping apart hogs that have had their tusks CLIPPED OFF (by man)

again and again over long periods of time (the hog being kept alive [by man] only to feel pain, for someone elses entertainment)

is not nature

p.s. and as someone already mentioned, a hog has a good chance or hurting/killing the dog if it had its natural weapons.

or, what if say, someone pulled out all of the pitbulls teeth and put it into a fight with another dog?

Yeah, I know that... why I said this should be stopped.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hunted

• frogfish

• TheOsirian

• 40nrockinon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is pure cruelty. But its not any worse than the things wich happen at factory farms and in the meat industry.

Reading all these comments I am glad I didn't click on the link... It sounds very disturbing. :o

Sick really... if it was dog with teeth vs dog with teeth I could accept it as cruelty i've seen before but to cripple a pig repeatedly and torture it... not nice. Especially as people don't seem to realise a pig is a highly intelligent animal.

Anybody ever watch "Soldier" with Kurt Russell? In the beginning of the movie as they were children soldiers in training, they conditioned the children for the brutal ways of life by putting a pig in a cage then releasing dogs to savagely kill the pig. It's a pretty good movie if you haven't see it.

If the dog killed the pig for the fight, that I would accept, because that is just nature. But to take the dog away from the pig, then heal up the pig so it can only be mauled again in a week or so is wrong.

Yes, Kratos. It is actually one of my most favorite movies. :yes: That's just it, it is a movie. And that scene is showing how they desensitized future soldiers by starting in childhood. So actually that movie would almost serve as a warning to anyone. That if you want to raise the perfect killer...just desensitize the freak out of 'em!!! Just like in the scene when they are doing the endurance run....

Also about that movie...Kurt Russell, one of my favorite actors & the lead character, has the least lines spoken. (Except for the little boy who's mute) A whopping total of 47 words!!! :blink::blink:

40 :devil:

Horrible. Just horrible.

What the hell is wrong with the human race? For all our intelligence and advancements, we're the only race on the planet to torture other creatures for sport.

If it was up to me, those people should be dragged into a field and shot. (and the parents and children who watch it, too)

Fighting animals in any way, shape, or form is just sick. I have had experience with dogfighting rings and the people are the biggest "animals". Finding the piles of "bait dogs" that are dumped in the woods outside of Atlantic City will bring anyone with half a heart to tears.

Lapi'che

Ugh...this just heightens my theory that Evolution somehow missed the South. :no:

I guess you don't read your local newspapers. 'Dog fighting' is RAMPANT in New Jersey. You know, your home state. Being Southern has nothing to due with being a twisted individual.

Lapi'che

Thank you, Piney...stereotypes of any kind are very ignorant. :tu:

Thank you, Piney...stereotypes of any kind are very ignorant. :tu:

:yes: Lapi'che ni'tis

• 4 weeks later...

Well lets see here for starters, Id like to quote quite a few of you ignorant people on this forum however I dont think there is enough bandwidth to handle what I REALLY would like to say. With that said, let me start by saying Im an avid hunter, fisherman and outdoorsman. What some of you should realize is, DONT believe everything you read in these newspapers. Not EVERY hog trial has the hogs "defenseless" with their tusks broke off by bolt cutters. Everyone Ive been to you better have a cutvest on your dog or the hog WILL tear him a new one! Feral Hogs are a HUGE problem in the south. Without the dogs to flush these creatures from the swamps we'd have more of a problem than what it already is. PERIOD. These hogs threaten our livestock, our creeks and waterways, and in some instances those pretty little flower beds yall like to plant. Yeah, thats right, these hogs are moving into neighborhoods and eating the flowers so many like to decorate their yards with. We as hog dog hunters are providing a service to many people out there. I dont agree with animal cruelty either, the problem I have with it is, if these same people were to tag along on a hog hunt they'd deem that cruelty also. When in fact ITS NOT. The dogs are merely doing what they LOVE TO DO. Our dogs dont stay confined to a manicured backyard and take long walks along city streets in the evenings. They are kept in dog lots, and put in dogboxes while being transported to and from the hunting grounds. Once let out the box the dogs are more loyal to us than any golden retriever living in New Jersey. They strive to PLEASE and ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF THE HUNT!!! Im so sick and tired of folks sticking their nose in where they have NO IDEA what theyre talking about. You keep your comments and your ass up north and all will be fine. Do some research on the topic at hand before giving your input, most of yall on here probably never even knew feral hogs were a problem did you?? :rolleyes: Goes to show the "ignorance" in its best form. Do your research on the destruction that feral hogs cause, do your research on "hunting dogs" and the history behind them, read a little bit and thoroughly understand the problems the south are facing when it comes to these animals. THEN, you may pop off at the mouth. I KNOW for a fact some of you YANKEES would pay to have the hogs removed from your property if it were you having the problems. :tu: Yes, by the way, the hogs are moving north at a pretty rapid rate too, so be ready. Make sure you dont "create" an area to train dogs to catch these critters either. Oh yeah, remember, sometimes you hear those same "screams" coming from the woods at night too, when they are fighting each other over your garden. :P Till then I like to leave on a good note : Southern Born, Southern Bred and Proud of it. Yall come down here anytime now ya hear, we'll be sure to treat you like the YANKEE that you are. :D

Edited by bfnc2003

Well lets see here for starters, Id like to quote quite a few of you ignorant people on this forum however I dont think there is enough bandwidth to handle what I REALLY would like to say. With that said, let me start by saying Im an avid hunter, fisherman and outdoorsman. What some of you should realize is, DONT believe everything you read in these newspapers. Not EVERY hog trial has the hogs "defenseless" with their tusks broke off by bolt cutters. Everyone Ive been to you better have a cutvest on your dog or the hog WILL tear him a new one! Feral Hogs are a HUGE problem in the south. Without the dogs to flush these creatures from the swamps we'd have more of a problem than what it already is. PERIOD. These hogs threaten our livestock, our creeks and waterways, and in some instances those pretty little flower beds yall like to plant. Yeah, thats right, these hogs are moving into neighborhoods and eating the flowers so many like to decorate their yards with. We as hog dog hunters are providing a service to many people out there. I dont agree with animal cruelty either, the problem I have with it is, if these same people were to tag along on a hog hunt they'd deem that cruelty also. When in fact ITS NOT. The dogs are merely doing what they LOVE TO DO. Our dogs dont stay confined to a manicured backyard and take long walks along city streets in the evenings. They are kept in dog lots, and put in dogboxes while being transported to and from the hunting grounds. Once let out the box the dogs are more loyal to us than any golden retriever living in New Jersey. They strive to PLEASE and ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF THE HUNT!!! Im so sick and tired of folks sticking their nose in where they have NO IDEA what theyre talking about. You keep your comments and your ass up north and all will be fine. Do some research on the topic at hand before giving your input, most of yall on here probably never even knew feral hogs were a problem did you?? :rolleyes: Goes to show the "ignorance" in its best form. Do your research on the destruction that feral hogs cause, do your research on "hunting dogs" and the history behind them, read a little bit and thoroughly understand the problems the south are facing when it comes to these animals. THEN, you may pop off at the mouth. I KNOW for a fact some of you YANKEES would pay to have the hogs removed from your property if it were you having the problems. :tu: Yes, by the way, the hogs are moving north at a pretty rapid rate too, so be ready. Make sure you dont "create" an area to train dogs to catch these critters either. Oh yeah, remember, sometimes you hear those same "screams" coming from the woods at night too, when they are fighting each other over your garden. :P Till then I like to leave on a good note : Southern Born, Southern Bred and Proud of it. Yall come down here anytime now ya hear, we'll be sure to treat you like the YANKEE that you are. :D

if the dogs have no chance of injury than i dont see a problem. Otherwise this is "inhumanity" towards the dogs.

and dogs are alot cooler than most humans.

Edited by ADbox

if the dogs have no chance of injury than i dont see a problem. Otherwise this is "inhumanity" towards the dogs.

and dogs are alot cooler than most humans.

Agreed, most dogs are cooler than most humans I know. :)

All Im saying is, dont believe everything you read. Keep in mind, its no different than a bird dog trial you see on ESPN. PERIOD. No different than the "rodeos" they broadcast on TV. Those folks charge a pretty hefty penny to get in those places and folks watch the calfs getting roped on TV? No difference. There is a chance of injury, just as their is when you walk your dog down the street. Theres always that chance. We spend hundreds of dollars of "cutvest" to protect these dogs. Its also not against the law to "train" your dog, its only against the law if you charge money for folks to come and watch. Kind of a crock when, rodeos are broadcast on LIVE TV. The problem is the pigs hollar so much that it sounds worse than what it is. Heck these pigs scream from day one when you pick them up. They scream at each other over food. Its all in what you believe, we'll continue to do things our way anyhow.

One more thing, these are NOT controlled DEATH MATCHES, why would we want to see our dogs killed? Some Hog Dogs are worth thousands of dollars for their ability to hunt hogs in the wild. No way do we want to see our dogs hurt, although, hog hunting is a dangerous event, but, unfortunately something that MUST BE DONE in order to control these rapid breeders.

:tu:

Edited by bfnc2003

unfortunately something that MUST BE DONE in order to control these rapid breeders.

Same thing should be said for humans... Especially ones that find organized animal fighting acceptable. There is no way you can justify this to anyone with a conscience. It's sick! We here in PA, yeah, the North, (still upset we won, aren't ya?) have problems with deer populations running rampant, however, we don't corral them in pens and let them get mauled by dogs! If a hog comes in contact with a dog outside a pen, let nature take it's course, but to have a human being, (you know, the species of higher intelligence) physically put animals together in a pen to fight is vile and disgusting! And then to allow children to watch!?!? Are the people that do this THAT moronic? They shouldnt breed. Period!

And I come from a family full of hunters, fisherman, archers, etc.. and I have NEVER heard any of them talk about this form of entertainment.

--Trying-Hard-Not-to-Say-Anything-Bad-About-South-"Resistiiiiing"-Boyfriend's-family-in-Tennessee-- Phew! that was difficult!!

"You Lost! Get over it!!"

"(still upset we won, aren't ya?)"

Actually my dear thats a question for YOU to decide. Things aint changed much for us 'round here.

• 9 months later...

"(still upset we won, aren't ya?)"

Actually my dear thats a question for YOU to decide. Things aint changed much for us 'round here.

WELL NOW. ISN'T THAT CHILDISH.THE WAR ENDED A LONG TIME AGO.AND YOU STILL THINK YOU WON. HA HA HA!! THE ISSUE, IS ABOUT FIGHTING ANIMALS. THE DOGS AND HOGS ARE NOT BEING FOUGHT. THE DOGS ARE BEING TRAINED AND CONDITIONED. THEY LEARN HOW TO CATCH THE HOGS BETTER, AND IN THE RIGHT PLACES SO AS NOT TO BE INJURED. THE CATCH USUALLY LAST ABOUT 3 SECONDS, BEFORE A HANDLER SECURES THE HOG WHILE OTHER HANDLERS REMOVE THE DOG. THE BIGGEST PROBLEM IS PEOPLE ARE NOT BEING EDUCATED TO THE TRUTH. THE MEDIA ISN'T GOING TO PRINT THAT BECAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR GOOD NEWS. TRASH SELLS, AND THAT IS WHAT ITS REALLY ABOUT!! AND FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO THINK ANIMALS HAVE MORE RIGHTS THE PEOPLE, GROW UP AND GET A LIFE. :w00t: YOUR CAUSING MORE PROBLEMS FOR THE ANIMALS THE YOUR FIXING. ANIMALS DO NEED PROTECTION TO AN EXTENT, BUT ALL YOU RADICALS ARE WAY OVERBOARD.!!!! IGNORANCE BREEDS IGNORANCE ! AND YOU SURE HAVE PLENTY OF THAT!!

:blink:

No need to yell.

I think what most people who have responded in protest of this 'sport' want to get across to those of you who feel it entirely justifiable is this:

Cruelty to animals for entertainment is wrong. Killing for fun is wrong.

I guess you don't read your local newspapers. 'Dog fighting' is RAMPANT in New Jersey. You know, your home state. Being Southern has nothing to due with being a twisted individual.

Lapi'che

Thank you. To me pretending that the southern states have more loonies than the northern states does not match up with crime statistics. We seem well balanced in that regard.

Edited by Bella-Angelique

I KNOW LETS PUT THESE RED NECKS INTO A CAGE AND GIVE THEM SOME INSTRUMENTS OF DEATH.

I WILL BE UP FOR WATCHING IT :tu:

this is the sickest think i have ever heard of i am disgusted. curse the horrid peopl who do this.

• 1 month later...

Wow what about of serious know it alls on here, looks like if its on the news its so true. Yes the media is great, look for things to fill weak minds. Hog dog field trials are set up with rules, dogs & handlers spend countless hours training. Yes training to control the movement of the hog, contain him for a period of about 2 mins. Those that grab & chew are eliminated & can also be banned from running. Wild boar are not weak mindless animals but vary smart, distructive in the wild & can & will attack. The dogs that are used to hunt or field trial are still bred with hunting instict, not to be a show thing like AKC show dogs. Now that is cruel, whats the differance ? These show dogs are taken out of their natural enviroment, some think they are people. Most hog doggers take vary good care of their dogs, vet visits, good feed, get plenty of exercise & are socialized much more than alot of your dogs I`ll bet. I have dogs that hunt these hogs, they love it & want to do it. they come home & play with kids, & would not attack another person unless it was out of protection, they are trained that way. I said TRAINED that way, most folks are trained on how to deal with their dogs problems, for those that watch the dog whisper guy. Some of ya`ll said alot of crappy stuff about something you really don`t know anything about, but that is ok in todays world , Right ? To the poster that wants to shoot folks , kids & all, I don`t beleve you have what it takes to look another person in the eyes & pull the trigger. You should really think before you write crap like that, someone may show you how its done one day, but hog dogging is much more cruel than shooting folks Right?

Ya`ll have a better day & take a walk outside & say something nice to one another for a change.

bloody sick perverted people

i cant believe how they can cheer on this sort of sport it sickens me

u know if i dodnt get in trouble for it i would take the people who set up the dog and hog and the spectators and stick them one by one into the pen with a pack of starving wild dogs

i can't say anymore because i fear my language and thoughs will become to rude for the forum post!!!!!!!!!!!!

bloody ignorent perverts!

sickos!

and to n e 1 who will reply saying u woulndt have the guts to do it i would put every last one of the buggers in and watch them get mauled!

Sorry there tooth & claw, lol I still don`t beleve you could do all that. After all it would make you like us hog dog people then or maybe worse. You want to hurt people, let me know when you are going to do al this I sure want to see that. There are alot of hunters out your way so why don`t you go & try to start there, matter of fact I`ll help you out by letting the guys out there know what you want to do & maybe you can have a big dog / people mauling party. Glad I could make your day & give you something to do with your life.

Hunted: I if they're such a problem, just shoot them. Killing shouldn't be a sport, or entertainment - leave that for the criminally insane.

but hog dogging is much more cruel than shooting folks Right?

Yeah it is : Would you like to be the Hog? I know I'd rather be shot than mauled to death.

Hunted: I if they're such a problem, just shoot them. Killing shouldn't be a sport, or entertainment - leave that for the criminally insane.

Yeah it is : Would you like to be the Hog? I know I'd rather be shot than mauled to death.

Because I owe the hunt to my dogs, thats what they were bred to do. They actually still have those qualities, they want to hunt & excel at it. We do shoot many & eat them too, I have already had my leg broke in two places by a wild hog & my partner has been cut up good. We do what we do because we are called to take care of problem hogs for farmers & hunt clubs. Been mauled & shot niether was that bad, & we do dispatch of the hog quickly. I guess if the news had reported that a wild hog had snatched up someones yard dog or attacked a person , say you for kicks you would be all about their slaughter. Kind of like when animals of all kinds habitat is taken from them so town homes can be put up or people saying that want to live in the country & do not want to share with the wildlife that was there first.

Killing seems to be a sport, one they practice all the time in the cities. Those that hunt are the ones that support wildlife refuges & try to maintain habitats. How much do you put in the pot for the sake of wildlife?

We do not hunt for entertainment, it is a way of life & has been for ever. Its is legal to hunt & there are far more etical hunters than those that do give hunters a bad name.