Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

911 Bizarre Coincidences

KAOSInc

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• KAOSInc

• Welsh Shaun

• shadowtiger17

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/quran.asp

Claim: Quranic verse speaks of the "wrath of the Eagle cleansing the lands of Allah."

Example: [Collected on the Internet, 2003]

Quran (9:11) -- For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

Origins: No, this isn't a legitimate quotation from the Quran (or Koran), the sacred text of Islam. The chapter and verse citation quoted above is a leg-pull, an obvious play on the USA's (the Eagle) launching of military action against Afghanistan and Iraq (the "lands of Allah") in response to the September 11 terrorist attacks on America organized by Osama bin Laden (the "son of Arabia awakening a fearsome eagle"). That the chapter and verse selection match the date of the terrorist attacks (9:11) is another giveaway to the joke.

Depending upon which translation of the Quran one uses, the section corresponding to chapter 9, verse 11 actually reads something like this:

But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and We make the communications clear for a people who know.

> >

> > 4) Flight 77 which also hit Twin Towers, was

> carrying 65 passengers. 6

> + 5

> > = 11

Googled it, and the results showed that there were only 64 passengers.

Watch my amazing math skills: 6+4=... not eleven!!

_Katie*

Not in my time zone she didn't :P

Wecome aboard Katie! :yes:

Numbers must die... Along with all school math...

Ok here's the thing: Q33 is the bus route number of a bus leading to La Gaurdia Airport...hmmm, yet another coincidence? I think not! But then again, people tell me I'm paranoid... By the way I'm Matt and I'm new here. Hi

~The Crippla

when I did the Q33 thing, at first I accidently did it in WEBdings instead of WINGdings, so when I saw it was like an outdoor setting, to arrows pointing to it, an eye, and a heart, so when I saw some thing like "I love Outdoors" I had no idea what that had to do with anything

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...