Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wow... This music video is amazing...

Pharoah

Go here:

http://music.yahoo.com/ar-295841-videos--A-Perfect-Circle

View the 'Imagine' video. It's a cover of John Lennons famous 'Imagine'.

The music video is 'meszmerizing' (I can't spell...)

Tell me what you think of it.

Note: I know this would be better suited to a blog entry, but, to all who read this topic, please post links to another music videos such as this.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pharoah

• PadawanOsswe

• -JfS-

• Boff

Top Posters In This Topic

Go here:

Note: I know this would be better suited to a blog entry, but, to all who read this topic, please post links to another music videos such as this.

That video was great. Hard to watch but very good....

I love this one by Sarah McLachlan "World on Fire" is quite amazing too. Watch it through. It will touch your heart:) :wub:

World On Fire

Thanks, I'll watch it :)

I could add 'Dreamer' by Ozzy Osbourne on here, but I won't.

Or anything at the Live 8 concerts. Sorta.

I love A Perfect Circle. I like the video for Weak and Powerless the most; you may not understand that video at first, but there is a big message there.

I never got the point of the little baby dolls in the Imagine video that were mouthing the words. O_o

My favourite (well, you know what I mean) was at the beginning, or close to it, where it showed a starving child and then a video of a man stuffin' his face at an eating contest.

I like the Headlines at the bottom.

Ya, except I didn't really know what all the sport headlines were for. Maybe because sports are so important to us we have to have them constantly on informing us or somethin'.

John Lennon was higher than a kite and under the influence of yoco when he wrote that. terrible song.

John Lennon was higher than a kite and under the influence of yoco when he wrote that. terrible song.

What were you under the influence of when you typed in that terrible statement? N'sync?

Simply put, one of the best videos ever made:

Click here!

it mADE ME WANNA CRY :cry: bUT ALL THE GROSS PARTS MADE ME WANT TO PUKE. it reminded me of the world.

Im not only shocked, but very appauled by that statement.

its called an opinion. my opinion is such because if you listen to the song lennon has a very disturbing message including the banning of religion.

"Imagine there's no heaven,

It's easy if you try,

No hell below us,

Above us only sky,"...............later on in the song....

"Imagine there's no countries,

It isnt hard to do,

Nothing to kill or die for,

No religion too,"

this next quote is of lennons unrealism...

"No need for greed or hunger,

A brotherhood of man,

Imagine all the people

Sharing all the world..."

...and later on his sick communist/Facist views

"Imagine no possesions,

I wonder if you can," :blink:

"I hope some day you'll join us,

And the world will live as one."

.........sounds like something from an old communist propaganda program

---------------------------

that is why I dont like the song. for behind the catchy melody, is a disturbing message.

Edited by PadawanOsswe

its called an opinion. my opinion is such because if you listen to the song lennon has a very disturbing message including the banning of religion.

"Imagine there's no heaven,

It's easy if you try,

No hell below us,

Above us only sky,"...............later on in the song....

"Imagine there's no countries,

It isnt hard to do,

Nothing to kill or die for,

No religion too,"

this next quote is of lennons unrealism...

"No need for greed or hunger,

A brotherhood of man,

Imagine all the people

Sharing all the world..."

...and later on his sick communist/Facist views

"Imagine no possesions,

I wonder if you can," :blink:

"I hope some day you'll join us,

And the world will live as one."

.........sounds like something from an old communist propaganda program

---------------------------

that is why I dont like the song. for behind the catchy melody, is a disturbing message.

Disturbing message??

He's not talking about banning religion. But religion is something people kill and die for.

We can do without religion.

Abe.

Disturbing message??

He's not talking about banning religion. But religion is something people kill and die for.

We can do without religion.

Abe.

Religion's intent is for personal peace and to keep things civil. granted its intents backfires sometimes from the faults of man (ie: Al-Quada) but overall civilization is because of religion, and without it civilization would gradually tumble.

and no, he is talking about banning religion because this was his world view of "the way things should be".... the last guy that thought this way ended up slaughtering over 6 million people. <_<

His message is not disturbing. Hes talking about all people just living together..as HUMANS..as a single group of people..not divided between race..relgion..countries..politics...just people..getting along and living life. Being happy.

I dont know how you can say John Lennon thought like Hitler...

His message is not disturbing. Hes talking about all people just living together..as HUMANS..as a single group of people..not divided between race..relgion..countries..politics...just people..getting along and living life. Being happy.

I dont know how you can say John Lennon thought like Hitler...

For one, Hitler and Lennon were both communist's.

bieng happy?

if religion was taken away what other things would be outlawed. freedom of speech?

he also talks about having no possesions. great! no personal items! how would not having possesions make anyone happy?:huh:

and besides even if you were able to take away civilization man would still get into fights. we do not live in a perfect world, its just not possible to convince everyone on earth to not be a jackass.

----------------------------

this is what I get from his song...

-quote from song:"no religion too"

-my interpretation:"Imagine a world without the religious,I will get rid of em all, I will outlaw religious practices"

----------------------------------------------------

-quote from song: "Imagine no possesions,

I wonder if you can,"

-my interpretation: :blink: great! the whole world will be living in poverty, while lennon tends to his Pot Garden living in luxury. HORRAY!!!

--------------------------------------

-quote from song:"No need for greed or hunger"

-my interpretation: :huh:..... its pretty simple to have hunger problems when the whole world is living like animals.

-quote from song: "And the world will live as one."

-my interpretation:....yeah.... living in a one world facist/communist government!

-quote from song: "I hope some day you'll join us,"

-my translation: "join or die"

---------------------------------------------------

sound like a fun future now? :huh:

Go here:

I've seen it before it's not a bad video. Every time I watch it I go and think of the book "THE GIVER". That book alone opened my eyes so much, that they'll never be closed. One thought after another...

I've read the Giver twice but never liked it too much.

'Imagine' is about a Utopia, or a perfect world.

By 'banning' religion (what ever word you want to use, just getting rid of religion), there would be, naturally, no arguement over religion. No arguement equals one step closer to that Utopia.

Nothin' to kill or die for. If theres nothing to kill for, nor die for, there would be no problem. You kill for freedom, and die for freedom. If neither of those would happen, there'd be no reason to keep it goin'.

I've read the Giver twice but never liked it too much.

'Imagine' is about a Utopia, or a perfect world.

By 'banning' religion (what ever word you want to use, just getting rid of religion), there would be, naturally, no arguement over religion. No arguement equals one step closer to that Utopia.

Nothin' to kill or die for. If theres nothing to kill for, nor die for, there would be no problem. You kill for freedom, and die for freedom. If neither of those would happen, there'd be no reason to keep it goin'.

thats exactly my point, a Utopia is a false hope a lost cause. and by banning religion, one bans a bit of freedom.