Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Calling UK ghosthunters

samanthauk23

Hello All

I wanna go on a ghosthunt....who's up for it?

I live in London by the way! Anyone local (or willing to travel a wee bit) up for spooky fun? We'll show those most haunted amateurs hows its really done !!

:D

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• samanthauk23

• Crazy Funk

• darkknight

• Richdog

Pity you live so far away. I'd love to go on a ghost hunt but can't find anyone insane enough to join me. I have a few places in mind that are all within my local area including a ruined monastery where people have reported paranormal activity and some intriguing evp's have been picked up. If you ever plan on coming up this way (scotland) feel free to contact me and maybe we can get a few people together and head out somewhere. :)

Pity you live so far away. I'd love to go on a ghost hunt but can't find anyone insane enough to join me. I have a few places in mind that are all within my local area including a ruined monastery where people have reported paranormal activity and some intriguing evp's have been picked up. If you ever plan on coming up this way (scotland) feel free to contact me and maybe we can get a few people together and head out somewhere. :)

I'd definitely be willing to travel, so you set the date and i'm there

do you travel overseas....

Hmm, depends where lol.... i was thinking more arund the UK than overseas.... but if its quite a big gathering i'd consider it ...

I'd definitely be willing to travel, so you set the date and i'm there

Excellent!

So you'd really be up for this then?:w00t:

There are some great places around here...maybe we could get a few more people interested. Or I'd also be willing to travel. If we can find some good locations I'm well up for it. What's down your way Samantha? Anything promising?

Suggestions anyone?

Excellent!

So you'd really be up for this then?:w00t:

There are some great places around here...maybe we could get a few more people interested. Or I'd also be willing to travel. If we can find some good locations I'm well up for it. What's down your way Samantha? Anything promising?

Suggestions anyone?

I'm totally up for it dude!!! Let's do it!!!

Well, i live in London theres all kinda spookiness going on round here... I live right near Highgate Cemetary where that famous Vampire was said to hang out... we could go into the city and walk the same streets as Jack the Ripper late at night, take a camera and see what we can snap?? Theres the tower of London too...one of the most haunted places in the world isn't it?

Whats good in Scotland (not just men in kilts (oooh lovely!) , in a spookhunting kinda way, lol)

Come on people.... let us know if you want in on this...i think it's gonna be loadsa fun!

:w00t::D:lol:

Edited by samanthauk23

I'm totally up for it dude!!! Let's do it!!!

Well, i live in London theres all kinda spookiness going on round here... I live right near Highgate Cemetary where that famous Vampire was said to hang out... we could go into the city and walk the same streets as Jack the Ripper late at night, take a camera and see what we can snap?? Theres the tower of London too...one of the most haunted places in the world isn't it?

Whats good in Scotland (not just men in kilts (oooh lovely!) , in a spookhunting kinda way, lol)

Come on people.... let us know if you want in on this...i think it's gonna be loadsa fun!

:w00t::D:lol:

There are a few places here in Scotland I can think of off the top of my head that have to be well worth a visit. In Edinburgh area there is The Vaults , Mary Kings Close and Greyfriars Kirkyard to name but a few. There are numerous reports of paranormal experiences at these locations.

Within an hours drive of where I live in Dundee is Glamis Castle, St Andrews Cathedral, Claypott’s Castle and Montrose aerodrome. Again, people have reported apparitions and/ or paranormal activity at these locations. Then there’s Dunnottar Castle not far up the road, a few people have mentioned feeling very depressed, sad or uneasy in one particular area where a number of covenanters were imprisoned under extremely awful conditions. As well as this a number of different apparitions have apparently also been sighted. I visited here recently and although I didn’t pick anything up on that occasion it’s one of the most beautiful places I can think of so well worth a visit in it’s own right.

There are also a few more places that I really want to check out in the future but can’t mention here on the forum. One of these is particularly good as it would be possible for a small group to spend the night inside the actual building where poltergeist activity has been reported by a number of people on separate occasions.

There are just so many places I don’t know where to start but I’ll try to find some good links and post them here on the forum. You’d just love it up here! We should make up a list of decent locations either here or around London then we can weigh it up and choose whatever we fancy? I’d love to do them all but that’ll have to wait till I win the lotto.

Thanx for the link DarkKnight. Great stuff! :)

hm yeh that would be cool, im in east sussex area, although i think it would be better to find a place inside to check out, as weather could cause problems but theres always cemeterys etc

Hello All

I wanna go on a ghosthunt....who's up for it?

I live in London by the way! Anyone local (or willing to travel a wee bit) up for spooky fun? We'll show those most haunted amateurs hows its really done !!

I live in the US, but as hot as you are, I might be willing to fly over there. :devil:

Just kidding.

Edited by ericraven2003

haha, why thank you Eric, you're very kindly lol.... having just split from a poohead of a boyf its lovely to hear such things lol...

Jonb & Crazy funk - Sussex ghost hunt sounds good! We're trying to figure out where to do it as we have found some interesting places in Scotland also....would you be willing to go that far? If not, some kinda compromise can be reached between us all i'm sure...

oooh this is getting too exciting :D

I'm in West Sussex so close to London by train... don't know any haunted places though lol... and at this time of year I imagine walking the streets would be a tad nippy on the old... :)

Edited by Richdog

haha, why thank you Eric, you're very kindly lol.... having just split from a poohead of a boyf its lovely to hear such things lol...

Jonb & Crazy funk - Sussex ghost hunt sounds good! We're trying to figure out where to do it as we have found some interesting places in Scotland also....would you be willing to go that far? If not, some kinda compromise can be reached between us all i'm sure...

oooh this is getting too exciting :D

I'm O.K to travel anywhere in U.K Sam but would need a fair bit of notice first. Hadn't thought about travelling in search of a ghost before but now the thought of how damn crazy it is just makes it appeal all the more. :D

If we can get a good idea who'd all be up for it we can maybe work out a location between everyone?

I've really never done anything quite as wacky as this (that I'd tell anyone about) so am just guessing where to start. :unsure:

Wot about you Sam? You done this before? I've got a couple of bits of kit that'll be handy but not got everything. Got handycam, tripod, digicam, compass, thermometer and the like but that's bout it.

Feel free to message me if you got any more ideas or thoughts. :)

LOL.... yeah I agree...we don't want to freeze the old :P off do we?

Perhaps we could all check out a haunted hotel or pub somewhere??

I'm O.K to travel anywhere in U.K Sam but would need a fair bit of notice first. Hadn't thought about travelling in search of a ghost before but now the thought of how damn crazy it is just makes it appeal all the more. :D

If we can get a good idea who'd all be up for it we can maybe work out a location between everyone?

I've really never done anything quite as wacky as this (that I'd tell anyone about) so am just guessing where to start. :unsure:

Wot about you Sam? You done this before? I've got a couple of bits of kit that'll be handy but not got everything. Got handycam, tripod, digicam, compass, thermometer and the like but that's bout it.

Feel free to message me if you got any more ideas or thoughts. :)

Hehe, I know, its awesome beyond all awesomeness...even better is we don;t even know which ghosts we're gonna be looking for yet...its all rather spur of the moment eh?

As for notice, theres no rush. We can all come to some kinda arrangement and everyones laughin! yay!

I have not done anything like this, most i've done is a ghost walk hosted by that historian off most haunted, oh whats his name....not felix, the other one.... :unsure2: Nothing happened, it was like a history lesson... :no:

This would be my first ghosty stake out! :) What kit do you have?? Sounds rather professional!

This would be my first ghosty stake out! What kit do you have?? Sounds rather professional!

Haha. No it's really not. I don't do this kind of thing usually and if your expecting Dr. Peter Venkman from ghostbusters you'll be sorely disappointed!

Handycam is good for nightshot. Digital camera also handy. Thermometers to measure temperature differences and compass to see if anything interferes with magnetic field. That's bout it. No spirit zapper or anti ectoplasm shield so you'll need to bring those. :)

LOL.... yeah I agree...we don't want to freeze the old :P off do we?

Perhaps we could all check out a haunted hotel or pub somewhere??

Haunted pub? Now I like your line of thinking, I know several "haunted" old pubs that are full of spirits...

*groan*

Haunted pub? Now I like your line of thinking, I know several "haunted" old pubs that are full of spirits...

*groan*

:no: sombody always beats me to it.

Here's a couple of links that give a bit of background info on some of the locations near me:

The Vaults

Glamis Castle

Dunnotar Castle

Be warned that the last site features annoying cheesy background music.

I have only been to Dunnottar but it's a great place to visit. Just a couple of ideas that might be good for future meets but as I said before I'll gladly travel anywhere in U.K. Will look for some better links when I have time, am a bit bogged down with college work at the mo.

Glad to see a few people seem to be interested in arranging a meet, am sure it'll be a good crack. :)

Would it be really cheeky of me to suggest a London meet? Along the lines of the haunted pub/hotel kinda thing? Be good if we could settle a location... if its a agreeable with you all shall we aim for january as crazy would need a lot of notice??

Let me know what you all think.

:)

Would it be really cheeky of me to suggest a London meet? Along the lines of the haunted pub/hotel kinda thing? Be good if we could settle a location... if its a agreeable with you all shall we aim for january as crazy would need a lot of notice??

Let me know what you all think.

:)

That sounds good to me. :)

Did you have any particular locations in mind sam?

I'd love to do a ghost hunt in the Tower of London but you'll probably have to get permission though lol. :angry2:

If you have heard the story of 50 Berkley square, I would dare you to spend a night there. :tu:

Edited by JUVE