Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Dead_Man_Inc

"The Corporation"

Dead_Man_Inc

I watched a film called The Corporation. It was a documentary about corporations (duh) and the some of the evil things that they do. They went through a list of qualities that are associated with a psychopath, and each one could be applied to a corporation. It got me thinking, if people are capable of doing the kinds of things that these companies do, then it is very possible that the end of the human race would be our own fault.

Do you aggree with this? Whats your opinion on this? Discuss.

Edit: A more complete understanding of the film, and the creators opinion's are available by clicking this link

Also, if this is the wrong place to post this topic, then please move it to the appropriate place.

Edited by Dead_Man_Inc

mike^_^

this film for me, was very powerful

several times I felt a tear in my eye

corporate america is very disgusting and will be judged one day

Yelekiah

I saw that film like two weeks ago. I cannot believe how influential they have become. Perhaps more than the government. :P

I had second thoughts about drinking milk this morning.

Lord Umbarger

I don't know. It almost sounds like nothing more than another Michael Moore propaganda film. I do thik that there should be some kind of oversight andcontrols in place to limit what these guys can do and get away with. There never will be though, because the average Joe on the street can't cough up as much bribe money as the big companies. And as we all know, the lawmakers always follow the money!

Yelekiah

What surprised me was the fact that Michael Moore called Fanta a "Nazi drink". It was created by Coke for the Germans to make money during the war, but calling it a Nazi drink would make me feel bad drinking it. :o

Me_Again

I saw this documentary also. What gets me is the fact that my daughters middle school is commercialized with vending machines - totally disgusts me. I am a holistic, organic wannabe (I don't earn enough money to buy all of the natural foods I would like to). It is very strange that you can buy 'unhealthy' foods at a much cheaper price. I also heard that this is why 'poor' people choose to buy Kool-aid or Hi-C over healthier choices like orange juice or cherry juice, when working on a budget its easier to buy something that costs .39 cents compared to something like orange juice, which costs $2.00. My New Years resolution is to only shop at Whole Foods - wish me luck

:w00t::yes:

Cadetak

Fight the Man!

sub_x0ne

Everyone knows that corporations are corrupt. There really isn't much any one person can do to stop their greedy, deceitful behavior.

MK ULTRA

Fight the Man!

:D I agree.

I've been wanting to watch this for ages but still havent got round to it.

From what I've seen it looks very funny but hugely depressing. :D:( a bit like Outfoxed,man that was scary.

mike^_^

its well produced, kinda long though

Dead_Man_Inc

@ MK ULTRA = Yea it was a depressing film most of the way through. The only part that wasn't depressing was the bit at the end that talked about the improvements. But even during that part of the film, they still reminded you of all the evil things that corporations do.

@ Lord Umbarger = I agree. No matter how evil corporations might be, the government isn't going to do anything about it because they worship money, like many, many people in this world.

Edited by Dead_Man_Inc

Yelekiah

the government isn't going to do anything about it because they worship money

Very true. Money is always the major principle. Despite the fact that IBM knew what the Nazis were up to, they continued to let them use their products during the war.

Welsh Shaun

I saw this documentary also. What gets me is the fact that my daughters middle school is commercialized with vending machines - totally disgusts me. I am a holistic, organic wannabe (I don't earn enough money to buy all of the natural foods I would like to). It is very strange that you can buy 'unhealthy' foods at a much cheaper price. I also heard that this is why 'poor' people choose to buy Kool-aid or Hi-C over healthier choices like orange juice or cherry juice, when working on a budget its easier to buy something that costs .39 cents compared to something like orange juice, which costs $2.00. My New Years resolution is to only shop at Whole Foods - wish me luck

:w00t::yes:

I know exactly what you are saying and it all sucks.

And I wish you alot of luck :tu: