Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

this is a post for weird flyng pics

count dracula

original one although I could be wrong. The tail makes it look like it. I'll try to find out later.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bigsteff

• count dracula

• Phantom

• Aslan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

count dracula, please inform us where this was uploaded. perhaps you made a mistake.

What is the thing actually called in the picture count dracula has uploaded on this page?

STRANGE WINGED HUMANOID SPOTTED IN CALAMA, CHILE

A bizarre winged humanoid was spotted by three youths in San Pedro de Atacama, a village near Calama in northern Chile.

"Diego, who is in his first year of middle school," went to his grandfather's shack in San Pedro de Atacama, "accompanied by his friends and neighbors, Jonathan and Carlos."

On Tuesday, July 23, 2003, at 8:30 p.m., after feeding the livestock, "the three youths decided to return to the grandfather's house and spend the night. Diego lit the stove to boil water and serve tea with some loaves of bread they had brought from Calama. His grandfather was out of the house. The only source of light came from a candle, since the (rural) area lacks electricity."

"At around 9:05 p.m., moments after the boys were serving up their supper, they could hear the dogs on the property issue strange noises and howls."

"At around 9:15 p.m., strange knocking sounds rattled the door of the house, swiftly increasing in violence and accompanied by scratches, which left the boys speechless and instinctively made them get up from their seats."

The trio climbed into bed and covered themselves with the blankets. "After three to five minutes, the sound ceased completely. Diego got out from under the blankets, looked out the window and did not see anyone. He opened the door but didn't see anything, either."

"'It's all right, boys. It's gone,'" he said.

As they left the shack, the boys saw "standing amid the pear trees" 15 meters (50 feet) away "a horrifying creature a meter-and-a-half (5 feet) tall, sprouting wings measuring 3.5 meters (11 feet). It was covered by glossy black skin, very clean and hairless. It appeared as though it had recently emerged from the water but without being wet. It had a large head and a small beak, presenting a sort of crest (like a rooster--J.T.) which was apparently missing a piece from a fight. Its eyes were immense and completely black, but sparkled brilliantly."

"They thought it was a prehistoric being, since its wings had a strong resemblance to those of pterodactyls or bats, featuring bone-like protuberances that form the skeletal frame of its wings. Its legs were sturdy and had powerful claws like those of a carrion bird, but much stronger."

"Suddenly, the being fluttered its wings, shaking up the (pear) tree in front of it, and rising into the air with extraordinary ease, losing itself in the dark of night."

"Fearing its return, which fortunately did not occur, the three boys slept in a single bed that night."

The city of Calama is now in the third year of an ongoing flap and has had numerous sightings of UFOs and aliens since February 2001. (Muchas gracias a Scott Corrales, Dr. Virgilio Sanchez Ocejo y Jaime Ferrer del Centro OVNI de Calama para esas noticias.)

IS THIS YOUR PHOTO PERHAPS devil.gif

STRANGE WINGED HUMANOID SPOTTED IN CALAMA, CHILE

A bizarre winged humanoid was spotted by three youths in San Pedro de Atacama, a village near Calama in northern Chile.

thumbsup.gifsasmokin.gif thanks for the story!!! that was cool !!!!maybe? i seen it in a galery.and down load it im glad to see that there are still true scooby doos out there. got any links thats where i find my pics

post-34-1062213337.jpg

Edited by Magikman

• 3 months later...

This is a logical conclusion, and one not based on photographic analysis, but if it were thunderstorming out with lightning that big, you would think the photographer would be inside a house, safe from the inevitable firey death that awaits outside, right? So maybe this photograph was taken from inside a window, and that "flying creature" may very well be a batman-shaped speck of dirt on the glass. Again, this is strictly circumstantial evidence, i haven't stared at the photo long enough to prove anything.

Well that is one theory to the picture,another would be that Batman Returns(just like the film see) laugh.gif

I checked out the first image a couple of ways. It's most certainly in the picture, as I see no evidence of it being "dropped" in. Also, I don't think it's on a window or the lens. If you look closely you can see some of the light from the lightning reflected off the back part. I toyed with brightness a bit on my own and found you can see that the right "wing" seems to catch the light as well. Unless I'm mistaken, which I'll be first to admit is a possiblity, the creature was definitely flying outside. Now the only mystery is what exactly it is. My vote goes towards it being a dragon. You know, just 'cause. Anyway, hope this helps. I can post the photos, if anyone wants.

theres a flirting thread!?!?

yes, there are at least two...seek and ye shall find... tongue.gif

I believe this picture is in the gallery, and if I remember correctly, it is a fake. But I could be wrong. I've seen some pretty crazy things, wish I had a camera at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that I read in the gallery that that picture might have been a still from a episode if Buffy the Vampire Slayer- you know that episode were the world is gonna be taken over by hell. salook.gif Oh hell it does look like Batman! Everyone sing! Nah nahanahah Batman! C'mon guys sing!

LOL, "batman". good one.

Perhaps it's the Jersey Devil, coming for vengeance, in the still of the night, or probably the "Jeepers Creepers" monster. laugh.gif

No, seriously, it maybe the Jersey Devil or some other "thing" like that stated in the STRANGE WINGED HUMANOID article. It's possibly for it to be a distinct unkown species that is nocturnal, which explains it being seen at night.

Or it could be an expirement gone MAD, MAD I SAY! scared.gif