Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

N.Korea Decries U.S. Envoy's Criticism

__Kratos__

(AP) North Korea has denounced recent criticism of the communist regime by a senior U.S. diplomat as a "declaration of a war" and threatened to retaliate, North Korean media reported Saturday.

The U.S. ambassador to South Korea on Tuesday called the North a "criminal regime," citing its alleged involvement in illicit activities such as money laundering and counterfeiting.

Ambassador Alexander Vershbow's comments are "a sort of provocative declaration of a war ... and (North Korea) will mercilessly retaliate against it," an unidentified spokesman for the North's committee on peaceful reunification of the peninsula told the official Korean Central News Agency Friday.

"The recent case glaringly revealed once again the ulterior aggressive design of the U.S. to stifle the DPRK at any cost," the spokesman said. "This clearly proved that nothing has changed in its hostile policy toward the DPRK although it signed the joint statement at the six-party talks."

DPRK stands for Democratic People's Republic of Korea, the country's official name.

In the joint statement adopted in September, North Korea agreed to give up its nuclear programs in exchange for aid and security assurances. The fifth and latest round of nuclear talks recessed in November with no sign of progress on ways to disarm the North.

The talks involve the two Koreas, United States, China, Japan and Russia.

Vershbow's comments also drew criticism from South Korean officials.

"It's not desirable to publicly characterize the other side," Song Min-soon, South Korea's chief negotiator at the six-party talks, told The Associated Press in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Source

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:rolleyes:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PLO

• PadawanOsswe

• I am me

• Lord Umbarger

Hopefully they were just blowing off steam? Presumably some North Koreans see the party talks as a way of forcing them to conform in line to the rest of the world.

:angry: Sounds like the U.S. should send another Ambassador. Vershbow is just making everyone angry!

Oh those whacky North Koreans...declaring war once again! Meanwhile I ate more at a chinese buffet last night than most of the citizens have eaten in the last decade! And I didn't even eat that much!

Kim will rant and rave then demand US aid again.

what i would love, i mean this would be the greatest thing ever, the next time North Korea makes a whacky statement, Bush calls a press conference under the guise of "response to North Korean comments," looks down the camera and says, "Kim, SHUT THE F@#K UP!! that is all" and walk out. Ahhhh i'd love to see that

Rumsfeld was present at the board meeting of ABB Technologies when they brokered the deal with North Korea to set up their reactor.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/korea/article/0,...,952289,00.html

North Korea is completely crazy of course everyone knows this, but really "Axis of evil" really starts and ends with america.

Edited by PLO

On March 12, 1993, North Korea said that it planned to withdraw from the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and refused to allow inspectors access to its nuclear sites. By 1994, the United States believed that North Korea had enough reprocessed plutonium to produce about 10 bombs with the amount of plutonium increasing.

Source

-----------------------------------------

Enriched uranium

However, with the abandonment of its plutonium program, North Korea secretly began an enriched uranium program. Pakistan, through Abdul Qadeer Khan, supplied key technology and information to North Korea in exchange for missile technology around 1997, according to U.S. intelligence officials.

This program was publicized in October 2002 when the United States asked North Korean officials about the program, and, according to the U.S., North Korea admitted the existence of the program [1]. According to North Korea, it replied that it is "entitled" to have such a program or "an even more powerful one" to deter a pre-emptive U.S. attack, unless the U.S. agreed to a non-agression pact.

Source

Yeah, but still... let's still blame the US. :tu:

:rolleyes:

Pakistan sold alot of other information to a lot of people, but yes, your right, America is to blame. Pakistan receives a lot of weapons from the America aswell, so.....why are tehy arming these "evil" people, especially muslims. Odd.

Edited by PLO

Pakistan sold alot of other information to a lot of people, but yes, your right, America is to blame. Pakistan receives a lot of weapons from the America aswell, so.....why are tehy arming these "evil" people, especially muslims. Odd.

of course, cause america has to be blamed for every damn thing!

well they will be if they keep selling guns to people who they tell us they are their enemies. Peculiar thign to do that, blame N.Korea and Pakistan for being evil but at the same time, trade with them in guns and nuclear reactors. How can yu not blame america?, their the ones selling them, u cant exactly blame the pot smokin communist hippies, you'll probably try though.

Edited by PLO

North Korea has denounced recent criticism of the communist regime by a senior U.S. diplomat as a "declaration of a war" and threatened to retaliate, North Korean media reported Saturday.

He's like moquitos. Not really intimidating, but damn annoying and harassing.

why are tehy arming these "evil" people, especially muslims.

Yeah, jeeze. Especially those muslims. We know they cant be trusted as equal partners like others are treated. :rolleyes:

<_<

The last solid news tht I heard was that the U.S. merely forgave the Pakistanis of part of thier crushing debt. I had no idea that the U.S. is providing them with Chinese and North Korean made AK-47's! I guess that we;ll be giving them MiGs in the future too!

Of course, if there is any truth to the story of the U.S. giving weapons to Pakistan, it probably comes form the fact that the Pakistanis are, (at least on paper), helping in the search for Osama. Also, they let the U.S. launch the offensive against Afganistan from thier nation.

The North Korean government wants a war so bad that they can taste it. They just don't want to look like the aggressors. They want the world to think that they are innocent tough guys and that the U.S. is just picking on them. I think it's akin to the Napoleon Complex. But, that's just my opinion.

The last solid news tht I heard was that the U.S. merely forgave the Pakistanis of part of thier crushing debt. I had no idea that the U.S. is providing them with Chinese and North Korean made AK-47's! I guess that we;ll be giving them MiGs in the future too!

Of course, if there is any truth to the story of the U.S. giving weapons to Pakistan, it probably comes form the fact that the Pakistanis are, (at least on paper), helping in the search for Osama. Also, they let the U.S. launch the offensive against Afganistan from thier nation.

The North Korean government wants a war so bad that they can taste it. They just don't want to look like the aggressors. They want the world to think that they are innocent tough guys and that the U.S. is just picking on them. I think it's akin to the Napoleon Complex. But, that's just my opinion.

Very good thoughts, imo, and you very well could be on the right track.

Im just interested to see, what kind of revolutionary weaponry the United States Has, that will be brought out, in a time of need. Who knows, we might catch a glimpse of the Aurora plane (if it exists). Even if the Aurora is just a myth, I would bet my left testicle, that the United States has some secret crafts, that we could barely dream of. Hell I could be very wrong, However I think Skunk Works, and Lockheed Martin have made some SICKKKK Advancements in technology.

On another note, I dont think the US is the only ones with revolutionary weaponry. I think the United Kingdom, China, Russia, and very possibly even India has some nice technological advancements that havent been shown to the public. Dont wanna seem like im Spoutin off about how badazz America will be, when very well our brother and sister ally countries, have some crazy tricks up their sleeves as well.

Edited by TraJikMaJik

"he U.S. ambassador to South Korea on Tuesday called the North a "criminal regime," citing its alleged involvement in illicit activities such as money laundering and counterfeiting."

this is ironic. the USA is the number one counterfeiter in the world. it prints dollars whenever it wants more money.

I guess ya gotta get the splinter out of your own eye before trying to get the crowbar out of another's. So, lets dismantle the USA, and then we can look at working on other nations.

Get us to a point of fractioned warring city-states. Once we're out of the way and our counterfiting, murdering people, sticking our noses in others business, etc... the world can go back to the peaceful, progressive place it always was. Evil and War begin and end with the USA.

yeah but n.Korea and in all honesty i think this is genius, that cheeky character Kim, printed fake US dollars, using the most sophistaced equipment available for the sole purpose of denting their economy and used the IRA to do it, ironic considering America were the IRA's biggest contributers at one point.

Plus a war with North Korea?, ahahaha where would all the big tabaco companies put their factories then?, Mexico?[for good ole' slave labour prices]

I guess ya gotta get the splinter out of your own eye before trying to get the crowbar out of another's. So, lets dismantle the USA, and then we can look at working on other nations.

Get us to a point of fractioned warring city-states. Once we're out of the way and our counterfiting, murdering people, sticking our noses in others business, etc... the world can go back to the peaceful, progressive place it always was. Evil and War begin and end with the USA.

that wasn't the point. the point is that all governments do the same things but only certain governments get the bad end of the deal. it is indeed ironic for some USA spokesman to ridicule another government for doing something his very own government does. governments and the power they have are what attracts these people, be it the USA, Korea, Iran, Iraq, Germany, etc.

Me and you do not stick our noses in other peoples' business but our government does. We do not murder, but our government does. We do not counterfit but our government does. Just like many other governments around the world.

yeah but n.Korea and in all honesty i think this is genius, that cheeky character Kim, printed fake US dollars, using the most sophistaced equipment available for the sole purpose of denting their economy and used the IRA to do it, ironic considering America were the IRA's biggest contributers at one point.

Plus a war with North Korea?, ahahaha where would all the big tabaco companies put their factories then?, Mexico?[for good ole' slave labour prices]

again, show proof that the U.S, supported the IRA

well they will be if they keep selling guns to people who they tell us they are their enemies. Peculiar thign to do that, blame N.Korea and Pakistan for being evil but at the same time, trade with them in guns and nuclear reactors. How can yu not blame america?, their the ones selling them, u cant exactly blame the pot smokin communist hippies, you'll probably try though.

'Pakistan'? Since when did Pakistan become part of the Bush administration's 'Axis of Evil' trio? Bush was, back in 2002, referring to Iran, Iraq and North Korea. Oh, and the US has never sold weapons to North Korea, although the US has resumed military sales to Pakistan.