Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alien Skull

Dowdy

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• schadeaux

• vimjams

• BurnSide

• Loque

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that these are real, either that or someone went to an awful lot of trouble to make a bunch of fake skulls for no apparent reason.

I think they are real and that they are human - not alien. I'm only going on what that website says though - i haven't checked up on it to see if what they say is true or not.

• 1 year later...

Hi I'm new here but I have seen things like this before. There were actually certain tribes of people all over the world who would deform their childrens skulls to look like this. One thing though. Why would all sorts of people all over the world deform their childrens skulls in this likeness? Kinda makes you wonder... dry.gif

Studying = Learning = Knowledge = Power = Corruption = Crime = Jail

There you have it. Studying = Jail. Better warn your parents...

Guest skeptic_dude
laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Sorry guys. These are indian skulls from South America where they would mis-shape heads as a form of beauty.

SD may be correct. I think I saw somewhere (National Geo., Discovery?) that a tribe in South America or Africa did such a thing. Not so uncommon. Some cultures use or did use disfigurement as an expression of beauty. The Japaneese used foot-binding, other cultures use neck extension rings, totally stretched out ear lobes, decorative body scarring, various piercings, tattoos, etc. Things as extreme as the head molding must be started at a very young age, such as infancy, while the bones are still maleable enough.

Guest Guest

I have to say that I believe their native tribes heads, I just don't understand where the extra bone came from

A baby's skull is very soft and not yet completely formed. By keeping the skull tightly wrapped in cloth, leather, or some such, the skull can be formed as the bone grows. This is not an over night deal, it takes many years of consistent pressure and tending, like a Bonzai Tree.

• 8 months later...

Dowdy, the first one that is really long, is human I can't remember the tribe is anyway.

They thought that giving the baby that shape of skull when they were young baby's was kind of like a fad of that time. They're were not aliens the bottom smaller picture was probably the same thing.

Happy Holidays original.gif

Here's the link for Tvtome.com for Mystery Hunters.

Link

I wonder if this was where the idea of the movie Coneheads came from tongue.gif

Looks interesting, but i'd like to know what happens to the brain and the capilleries, veins, arteries, etc. within the head of this person during this "process".

i'am sure it would be a totally random thing, wether or not the person suffers brain damage or not, it really depends on how the skull is restricted and by how much also that final skull with the huge cranium is just freaky ohmy.gif

I believe that this are NOT alien skulls...this are human skull...ancient human skull..maybe u haven't heard the news, but I saw the report about this Skull in NBC Nightly News... thumbdown.gif

• 9 months later...

They're not Alien skulls.

The first was a baby with a birth defect, the second is the skull of an ancient tribe who practiced elongating their skulls by restricting the growth of the skull in their children, thus making the skulls grow outward.

Both real, however both not Aliens.

the question is, why and where did the idea to do such a thing come from. No doubt that they deformed the skulls, but in what likeness. The idea had to come from somewhere right? so could the civilizations long ago been visited by aliens, and thats when they started to deform skulls, as a tribute to them?? or is it just coincidence that they look like alien skulls?

Man how do you even know what an alien looks like. If there are aliens, which I totally believe, then not all of them are bound to look like that. I mean come on.

That looks like poor John Merrick's skull. AKA the elephant man. He was unfortunate enough to have Proteus Syndrome, a very rare disease that causes your bones to grow rapidly and malform. He was thought to have elephantitis before his death, and later it was believed to be neurofibromatosis but no case had ever been so severe. I am almost certain that DNA tests confirmed Proteus Syndrome to be the cause.

UniversalAbsurdity...Well spotted: You know your skulls. It certainly is John Merrick's and I've posted it here to show that things (human) do not often appear so.

Vimjams

ph34r.gif

Ah yes, the Elephant man. Poor guy, i'd hate to have that Syndrome.

Magestic 12, very good points.

• 2 months later...
I think i can remember seeing something about this sort of thing on a documentary. It was of the Ancient Egyptian Pharoes. Some of them, because of the insest... marrying sisters and stuff... grew abnormally. Quite a few had heads like that. Birth Defect... NOT aliens. original.gif