Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Bigfoot 'Sonoma' footage

UM-Bot

news icon rThis amateur footage is blurry, shakey, and frustratingly short, but it's recent and it's better than the Manitoba footage. It was obtained by a hiker on November 14, 2005, in a mountainous portion of Sonoma County in Northern California.

Various people in the BFRO have seen sasquatches in the field and know what they look like. We've seen plenty of hoaxed footage over the years as well.With that said, we are confident the Sonoma footage is not fake (i.e.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Bigfoot Field Researchers Organisation

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• snuffypuffer

• MoonFox

• Bigfoot_Is_Real

• RedRaider9981

Is'nt there anymore footage, surely it just didnt stop there. He must have gone back around the other side of the bush to catch the Big Foot coming out the other side? :hmm:

The entire clip will be posted eventually. The clip available at present cuts off right as Mark zooms in and looses focus. There's only a few seconds more, but you don't see the figure any longer. The camera swings down to the ground right after the last frame in the present clip.

thats common....

thats common....

if you're going to comment on something, you may as well put something worthwhile... :angry:

anyway, I think its a hoax (no sh**), if you're gonna take photos, you may as well try and get clearer shots... like, hold the camera above your head and take pictures, not "hm, theres bigfoot, i'll take pictures here so that the wheat will obstruct the picture..." <_<

Edited by Leliel

I dunno whether it's real or fake... I do believe in Bigfoot- we discover new creatures all the time, anything is possible.

But I do want to comment on how everyone complains about the quality, etc. of cryptid photos...

It's not as easy as it may seem to get a good shot of a moving animal... especially one far away.... while you are nervous.

You should see how many tries it sometimes take me to get a good picture of my dog posing still in front of me lol!

Not everyone's a good photographer, and not everyone has the best equipment.

If you didn't believe wolves and Otters existed... and I showed you the blurry pictures that came back from my recent zoo trip... you'd still not believe in wolves or otters ^_~;

So the fact that these pictures are crummy quality doesn't really mean anything.

Depending on the person and the equipment, AND the distance of the creature and if it's moving... you are NOT gonna get a good shot of it.

Knowing how hard it is to take non-blurry pics of animals... I would be more skeptic of a clear shot than of a shot like this. If *I* were to take footage/photos of a Bigfoot... this is probably how mine would look too.

Couldn't have said it better myself, MoonFox. Hoax or not, its pretty spiffy.

I don't believe the footage is real

I just could take my 6.5 ft friend to the mountain, tell him to wear a gorilla suite and I would shake my camera a bit while filming, and thats it, got my own big foot footage.

I really want to believe big foot exists, but anytime I see this kind of evidence..it sucks :no::no::no:

Excellent MoonFox. :tu: I believe this footage to be real, and what seems interesting to me is the swaying of its arms just like the one in the Patterson film. :o

"what seems interesting to me is the swaying of its arms just like the one in the Patterson film"

I thought that was interesting as well, but why would the footage stop there? If you have the ba##s to turn around and run towards this creature to film it...Why not also follow it to get a better shot, if you've already gone as far? And about the Patterson footage similarity...Seems too coincidential. Kinda 'copy-cat-ish.'

Is'nt there anymore footage, surely it just didnt stop there. He must have gone back around the other side of the bush to catch the Big Foot coming out the other side? :hmm:

catch the Big Foot coming out of the other side huh? What if it is a wild gorilla on the loose somewhere?

catch it on the other side? :w00t:

and for god sake, Mark, stop playing with the digital zoom function!

I thought that was interesting as well, but why would the footage stop there? If you have the ba##s to turn around and run towards this creature to film it...Why not also follow it to get a better shot, if you've already gone as far?

Well, I dunno about you, but I'd rather kept my distance from a giant creature who could snap me in half like a twig, even if it is Bigfoot.

Well, I dunno about you, but I'd rather kept my distance from a giant creature who could snap me in half like a twig, even if it is Bigfoot.

Exactly.

Not much spooks me, but I live in the country and if I saw a Bigfoot looking in my window or saw one near my house it would scare the sh** out of me. You wouldn't chase a grizzly.

if you're going to comment on something, you may as well put something worthwhile... :angry:

anyway, I think its a hoax (no sh**), if you're gonna take photos, you may as well try and get clearer shots... like, hold the camera above your head and take pictures, not "hm, theres bigfoot, i'll take pictures here so that the wheat will obstruct the picture..." <_<

that is worthwhile comment :lol: how many times do you have see the photos or video shot of so called bf out of focus or in bad lights or from distant....these guys ever heard of chasing down bf.... :lol:

catch the Big Foot coming out of the other side huh? What if it is a wild gorilla on the loose somewhere?

catch it on the other side? :w00t:

and for god sake, Mark, stop playing with the digital zoom function!

Well thats the difference between me and you.

If I had a chance of getting proof and answering one of the biggest questions of the century, I would do anything in my power.

The thing would probably be more frightened of me than I would be of it.

yea if i were the guy, id chase down that thing with the camera until the battieres die

Im sure ya would. :no: You would soil yourself then run for your life like 99.9% of this forum would. Anyways, the swaying of the arms are because it's a two legged animal. It's like a big fury human. They're going to sway there arms as they walk, too. It's instectial, they also said that each arm could weigh 100 pounds. Also, the report said (If you read it and didn't just cut to the movie) that there are A LOT of sightings of Sasquatches by the locals in the wheat fields. I'm sure that's because...WHEAT. This footage could determine if it is real, that it could be a omnivore or an herbivore. Also notice how it walks slouched like a primate. The arms swing very odd to be of a humans swing aswell.

Edited by Nadal

I also agree if you were to see a Bigfoot, chances are you will not stay around to watch it for long. Like any animal in the wild, if it feels threatended, it will attack, and thats the last thing I want chasing me. It's significant as it is that he got his camera out and still got the picture he did, but I wouldn't follow it, PLUS, I highly doubt he could keep up with some a creature. As human nature, the first thing we do is identify our surroundings, and keep away from danger, I would assume Bigfoot would do the same, it would eliminate any threat around it. If I saw one, I'd take off, I saw it, I believe now, and that's all that matters to me.

This film has me wondering if it is real or not. All of a sudden there is an increase in video footage of bigfoot. Is it possible that there might be a couple of guys going around the country wearing a costume like this. Also, from what I can tell in the film, it looks like bigfoots face is turned away from the camera as he is walking forward. Usually, if an animal is trying to sneak away, it always keeps an eye on what it is trying to get away from or at least look forward to see where it is walking.

I think bigfoot is trying to hide his big fake face in this video. :)

I agree with those who say they wouldn't 'follow' the Bigfoot...

It takes alot to scare me... If I see black bears in the wild I will sit & watch them- b/c I know what they are and have a knowledge about their behavior.

No one knows about Bigfoot. We can assume it's a gentle species... but we don't *know*.

If I were to sit and watch or follow a bigfoot... it is not known how it would react. Would it run away? Would it feel threatened and attack? Is it protecting a nearby mate and babies?

All animals have wild instincts to protect themselves.

But at least with scientifically known species, we have a better idea on how we can act around them without threatening them.

With unknown animals, we just don't know.

Maybe some people are willing to die getting better shots of Bigfoot so that whoever finds their mangled body will find the camera footage...

Not me...!

Even if someone DID get themselves killed chasing a bigfoot, all the skeptics would say it was hoaxed anyway.

Not worth dying just so people can call you a liar lol.

I'd be perfectly thrilled just knowing myself that *I* saw him in person and I tried to get some footage from a safe distance... and people can think what they want.

But I'd be alive and know the truth ^_~

Not dead and accused of a hoax :-p

Also, another explaination for the swinging is because he's going UP a mountain. Meaning, he's struggling as the force of gravity pushes up on them. He's moving too fast to be a human up a mountain to be human...unless Arnold is doing the lead role of Kong.

I think the reason bigfoot video's are on the rise is because technology is getting cheaper and more portable. Just because there was less footage of bigfoots during the '60s or '70s doesn't mean they weren't seen as often.

u know the last time I see a live male orang utan, it scares me to just go near it. That thing got hands larger than my head. If it is not for the 4inch bars between me and him, I wouldn't even bother to go near.

go ahead guys, have fun, see something big moving in the bush, go closer...

get eaten...

I think the reason bigfoot video's are on the rise is because technology is getting cheaper and more portable. Just because there was less footage of bigfoots during the '60s or '70s doesn't mean they weren't seen as often.

Very good point. It wasn't til pretty recently that 'just anyone' can afford a camera or camcorder. Plus they have shrunken so much. Today you can find an affordable camcorder the size of your hand... back in the day you had a huge glonky, expensive thing you needed to set up on tripod, etc.