Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Levitation

shadowtiger17

In what way is the human body not designed to levitate?

Why would humans not want or need to levitate?

Jesus walked on water according to the Holy Bible, there are roughly about 2 billion Christians as well as Moslems who accept the idea he did levitate.

Then of course there are the Buddhist and they believe levitation is possible as well.

And then add all the other faiths

Are you suggesting that roughly 99% of the world’s population is in need of a CT

scan?

As far as I know those things are expensive man

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Virtual Particle

• Megalomania

• Bio-Mage

• shadowtiger17

In what way is the human body not designed to levitate?

Why would humans not want or need to levitate?

Jesus walked on water according to the Holy Bible, there are roughly about 2 billion Christians as well as Moslems who accept the idea he did levitate.

Then of course there are the Buddhist and they believe levitation is possible as well.

And then add all the other faiths

Are you suggesting that roughly 99% of the world’s population is in need of a CT

scan?

As far as I know those things are expensive man

The bible is a book of myths. There has never been any proof of lievitation of any sort.

There has never been any proof of lievitation of any sort.

And neither is there any proof of any sort to suggest that it can’t happen.

The bible is a book of myths

I guess that means you are no prepared to finance CT scans for the earth’s population.

There was a study done several years ago in deepest Africa with respect to a tribe that resided there. This tribe understood what cell phones and also knew about as cars, TVs and VCRs (amongst other things).

The entire tribe was brought together in there regular place of meeting and shown a National Geographic style documentary. Depicting life in major cites within the United States, Europe and Australia. It covered such issues as rush hours, the industry, sporting events and so one.

After the video was shown the indigenous peoples started laughing, they simply could not believe it was possible for people to live like that. They informed the group who was performing the study, that it was inappropriate for them to come to there tribe and treat them like fools. To them what the documentary presented was a fantasy, in every sense no different, than how you are responding ericraven2003 to the issue of Levitation.

To them everything we do is a myth.

Personally I tend to look at all the ancient works as very relevant from the context of morality but as far as being exacting that is another story. Then again there are all the other ancient text which were independently prepared and having unique similarities.

I have no problem with your opinion friend, but to be honest, in relation to concluding that levitation is impossible? My impression is that is also a myth and related to the modern age.

Any thoughts?

No I dont think its practical to CT scan the whole of humanity but I can finance yours if you like. Its good to help people get better....

stay nice people :tu:

I have no idea if levetation is possible, saying the body is not designed for it is BS as far as i am concurnd. Yes if evolution would want us to fly we would have grown wings, but maybe we are designed for levitation, people just have no scientific evedince of it, well so be it i do not give.

And stop the evidence thingy NO there is no evedince about the pshicic abilitys being true. and NO there are also no studies that show it is impossible!!!!!!

No its not designed to do so. Its a fact. Read a physiology book and then a bit on levitation. The body's locomotion is very complex procedure designed and structured in accordance to our bipedal configuration. Levitation would require a non humanoid design and specific organs to provide that "lift" which we simply lack. Lets not make everything a mystery here...

Also for those of you that use Jesus as an example of evidence I only dread what follows...Peter Pan maybe?

Nah, Hulk comes after Jesus

'Maybe we don't levitate, but just jump really far'

Edited by Replacement100

quote]

No I don’t think its practical to CT scan the whole of humanity but I can finance yours if you like. It’s good to help people get better....

Tell you what send me $2500 and I promise you I'll get a CT scan :D:innocent::P

No its not designed to do so. Its a fact. Read a physiology book and then a bit on levitation. The body's locomotion is very complex procedure designed and structured in accordance to our bipedal configuration. Levitation would require a non humanoid design and specific organs to provide that "lift" which we simply lack. Lets not make everything a mystery here...

Also for those of you that use Jesus as an example of evidence I only dread what follows...Peter Pan maybe?

Actually Buddha and Mohammed expressed similar abilities as far as more ancient prophets well pretty much it’s the rule rather that an exception.

Bio-Mage I am going to have to go with black ice’s conclusion (though I do know it’s possible) Human beings are much more complex than you are describing and to be clear my comments in relation to how it could be is included in this thread :P

Edited by Triad

ell you what send me $2500 and I promise you I'll get a CT scan grin2.gif innocent.gif tongue.gif

:blink: Is that how much it costs there? I rather pay the ticket for you to visit and do it here :P

ctually Buddha and Mohammed expressed similar abilities as far as more ancient prophets well pretty much it’s the rule rather that an exception.

Bio-Mage I am going to have to go with black ice’s conclusion (though I do know it’s possible) Human beings are much more complex than you are describing and to be clear my comments in relation to how it could be is included in this thread tongue.gif

All those "occurances" are as verified as the fairy god mother. You want to ignore medical science for a product of wishful thinking, that is your perogative. However do not assume that the human body is not an extrodinairy thing because it does not levitate. There are wonders in the physical world that people ignore, for they cannot see them for what they are.

Bio-mage to be honest if I visited you, proving levitation as well as telekenisis would take me about 10 minutes :innocent::innocent:

Any thoughts?

You dont have to prove anything to me. Go to your nearest University (with the appropriate equipment) and show them. They will do the rest. :tu:

we don't even know where gravity comes from, from other matter of coarse, but we don't know sh** about gravity other than it's pulling affect---that is why they call it psychic power, psychic means 'related to the unknown'----

actualy we do it comes from the inner core of the earth turning wile the outer core stays still this creates the source of gravity and also earths electro magnetic feild and the arora borialis (northen lights) since The sun gives off high-energy charged particles (also called ions) that travel out into space A large amout of such particles is called a plasma. The stream of plasma coming from the sun is known as the solar wind. As the solar wind interacts with the edge of the earth's magnetic field, some of the particles are trapped by it and they follow the lines of magnetic force down into the ionosphere, the section of the earth's atmosphere that extends from about 60 to 600 kilometres above the earth's surface. When the particles collide with the gases in the ionosphere they start to glow, producing the northen lights

Bio-Mage I already did that back when I was in college working on my BS. At 43 I can tell to that in all sincerity things have worked out quite well (I have no regrets). As an example I was part of a team that looked into what is often referred to as a Demonic Possession.

In relation to my upbringing I can tell you this much its quite extensive and for some very good reasons.

I have to admit Bio-Mage your response was thoughtful :)

Is there any documentation from that university work? I would very much like to have a look on that.

Bio-mage to be honest if I visited you, proving levitation as well as telekenisis would take me about 10 minutes :innocent::innocent:

Any thoughts?

How about I fly to where you are in the US? If you can show me your abilities, I will report it here. If you can't you reimburse me for the plane ticket.

"I myself have levitated a pencil,,,i meditated for like an hour"

OK... are you sure you didnt fall asleep and dream this during your meditation?

Ericraven2003 if you chose to do so make sure you send me an E-mail as to when you will arrive. Use the Subject "Getting ready to fly over" so I can easily recognize it. I can also be reached through AOL IM and MSN messenger.

Bio-Mage I was 19 at the time, the professor I worked with was in her 50s and the matter of the Demonic possession was not related to the University.

That issue was when I was 21.

My more recent activities are descriptive in relation to some of the posts I have presented in Shamanism. I can discuss certain attributes of just about everything I have been involved in (I am allowed to do that for some good reason).

Any thoughts?

So did anything in written form came out at all that you can share with us?

Edited by Bio-Mage

I can relate the events in general but in many cases issues of confidentiality exist with regard to the people and agencies involved.

So yes in fact there is documentation but as far as having them openly presented on the internet. That would in all probability violate the individuals and or agencies right to privacy. I do maintain a log in which names and locations are not specifically addressed

but I do have a license to protect and that cannot be placed on the internet either, or published for public review. There is enough information in them that if a person were to look into what is there and know of the individuals or agencies they could make a connection.

You are more than welcome to stop by though......

Any thoughts?

Edited by Triad

Did not say no one was allowed to see it Bio-Mage I said you were welcome to come on over. I just have to make sure your not anyone related (in any way) to anyone I was involved with in relation to my work.

Common sense would dictate I take such a precaution Bio-mage.

It will be ok then.....So when you comming:)

Any thoughts?

Against what? Unless you done something unlawful, an abstract of that research or a methods description needs not mention any names or violates anyones privacy. I am only interested in the practise and results.

A trip is out of the question at the moment as I have no holiday left (went to Holland and the Greece in December), so despite your kind invite I will have to settle for something more indirect if that is possible. :tu:

I have to admit Bio-mage you have made me a bit uncomfortable in relation to a response you made in another thread to me :no:

To be clear I certainly can do that from the context of perhaps not so much an abstract but an allegory of sorts. My background also includes several legends which can be very intense but also very interesting (an example being a legend about a Vatican Ghost).

By intense I do mean still within the context of a PG rating.

In good time Bio-mage

A relevant issue though is the topic this being levitation

From the Christian perspective....

St. Joseph was born at Cupertino, in the diocese of Nardo in the Kingdom of Naples, in 1603. After spending his childhood and adolescence in simplicity and innocence, he finally joined the Franciscan Friars Minor Conventual. After his ordination to the holy priesthood, he gave himself up entirely to a life of humiliation, mortification, and obedience. He was most devoted to the Blessed Virgin Mary and promoted devotion to her among all classes of people.

http://www.deeptrancenow.com/levitating_saint.htm

Saint Teresa of Avila, the famous reformer of the Carmelite order whose writings on mysticism are among the most influential in Christian history, had this to say about levitation in chapter 20 of her autobiography:

http://www.deeptrancenow.com/exc2_levitation.htm

Cleary the Catholic Church agrees levitation is valid......

Any thoughts?

Bio-mage you have not responded, personally I think its because you have nothing to offer but that is just me.

Have you any thoughts?

Edited by Triad

Any Church is hardly credible for me, so please spare me the religious proclamations.

To be clear I certainly can do that from the context of perhaps not so much an abstract but an allegory of sorts. My background also includes several legends which can be very intense but also very interesting (an example being a legend about a Vatican Ghost).

This will sound odd but i would lime to hear about that. Perhaps you can PM the story,for it would be off the subject here :)

Sorry for not replying earlier but I was away for the weekend. So yes I think is just you...:P

Edited by Bio-Mage