Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atlantis: The Andes solution

UM-Bot

Image credit: Lloyd K. Townsend
Image credit: Lloyd K. Townsend
When we think of South America, we think of either Machu Picchu or the Maya, a mysterious civilisation capable of impressive feats of engineering and creators of complex interrelated calendar systems that ranged from days in length to millions of years in duration.

Most scholars would agree that South America has a rich archaeological history that we are only just beginning to discover.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Thothweb

Well thats a new slant on Atlantis. Yes it does fit in most parts, but there again its perhaps another theory which has been made to fit?

:cry: I have wondered if a Global Catastrophe did happen in the not to distant future, what would remain of our Country and Culture. Could the America's or Europe be plunged back to the start of civilization? And our lives reduced to stories told by the Elders of our tribe?

It is a very interesting theory indeed but sadly but it will probably just remain a theory!

I think the Andes are a little too far from the Pillars of Hercules to be a likely candidate for Atlantis. But you know, that's just me.

One common misconception concerning Atlantis is that it is a story of a story of a story of a story and so on... Plato relates the Atlantis story as it was told to him and, arguably, as it was told to the person who then passed it on to Plato, with the possibility of a lineage of who knows how many storytellers before we get to the original source. This aspect is the "stuff" that makes everything which emerged from The Oral Tradition so wonderfully fascinating.

There are decidedly too many validated connections between the "Old World" and the "New World" which predate Columbus or the Vikings by millenia for any definitive, declarative assertion that they were ever mutually exclusive before being "discovered" or explored by those with light(er) skin and surnames.

these people are smoking rocks. this is what happens when unintelligant people have too much time/money. you get these whack jobs claiming they found atlantis. every week i read an article on how some tool found atlantis.

dnb420:

Are you referring to Plato or Jim Allen and others who have claimed to have "found" Atlantis? I think that you're referring to the latter but I'd rather not assume.

I ask because it is entirely possible that the legend of Atlantis has some truth to it, in that, "ancient" indigenous peoples of the "New" and "Old" worlds had ongoing contact well before our version of history indicates. In other words, what is known as Atlantis may very well be a misconstrued story of a "New World" civilization.

dnb420:

Are you referring to Plato or Jim Allen and others who have claimed to have "found" Atlantis? I think that you're referring to the latter but I'd rather not assume.

I ask because it is entirely possible that the legend of Atlantis has some truth to it, in that, "ancient" indigenous peoples of the "New" and "Old" worlds had ongoing contact well before our version of history indicates. In other words, what is known as Atlantis may very well be a misconstrued story of a "New World" civilization.

It has now been proven that there was a Phonecian port at the Bimini Islands and the Olmecs who first appeared out of nowhere about 1,200 BC were probably from Africa. So it is plausible.

Lapi'che

• 2 weeks later...

how about the knowledge of Edgar Cayce known as one of America's greatest psychics.

here are some websites i found about Edgar Cayce knowledge about Atlantis.

- http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/juliet.htm

. . . . .The position as the continent Atlantis occupied, is that as between the Gulf of Mexico on the one hand -- and the Mediterranean upon the other. Evidences of this lost civilization are to be found in the Pyrenees and Morocco on the one hand, British Honduras, Yucatan and America upon the other. There are some protruding portions within this that must have at one time or another been a portion of this great continent. The British West Indies or the Bahamas, and a portion of same that may be seen in the present -- if the geological survey would be made in some of these -- especially, or notably, in Bimini and in the Gulf Stream through this vicinity, these may be even yet determined. . . . . .

- http://www.crystalinks.com/cayceatlantis.html (a very long article)

. . . . . 7. (Q) Was Atlantis one of the five points at which man appeared in the beginning, being the home of the red race? P> (A) One of the five points. As has been given, in what is known as Gobi, India, in Carpathia [?], or in that known as the Andes, and that known as in the western plain of what is now called America - the five places. . . . . .

- http://www.geocities.com/ecayce.geo/atlantis.htm

. . . . . The Bible gives an account of this second change, terming it the flood. Before the final destruction which began about 10,700 B.C. the principal islands remaining were Poseidia, Aryaz and Og. The West Indies are remains of this great continent . . . . .

- http://all-ez.com/atlantis1.htm (a very long article)

Edited by Mr. Gj Philosophy

I seem to recall seeing a show on Atlantis. They had a map that was supposedly of Atlantis, and you turn it upside down, it becomes South America.

With Atlantis comes Aquaman...nobody wants to se Aquaman do they?

while it is true no one truly wishes to see aquaman...(IMO the worst of the justice league...) finding atlantis would be the most significant find in archeological history (again, similar to my aquaman opinion, just IMO)

I have to agree, the whole map upside down notion portrayed in the documentary...is quite unbelievable. Unless it's suggested the map was drawn out of ancestral mappings of early ventures to the americas. course, without actually seeing the show, all I can do is speculate.

wow...came a pretty long way to say nothing there huh...

Atlantis being in the Andes is no new revelation. During WWII the Nazi's were quite facinated with the story of Atlantis as they belived that the arian race were direct decendants from the Atlanteans. For this reason they sent expeditions to south america, as the native poplulation is belived to be direct decendants from Atlantis.

As much as this story seems sorta out of wack, it is very likely the closest thing to atlantis that there ever was.

• 7 years later...

There was a Catastrophe on the world, but it was not global. The Catastrophe mostly affected the central Andes Region, There are many fossils of sea animals found in the high land of the Andes. 12,000 years ago The ancient Americans reached the so called old world by boats made of reed, there were people living on the rest of the world, but in a primitive stage, the Ancient Americans were the primary source of knowledge.

The Ancient Americans called themselves KARA in PROTO-AYMARA means the PEOPLE, It derives from KA "land" and ARA "simple man". The Karas did many expeditions into the rest of the world before their land's doomsday. every expedition was administrated by a MANCO or MENEN "COMMISSIONER", they used to wear a red tunic and a red mantle, one of their physical trails was their long ears, on the expedition also there were traders and religious people. The karas were known in the old world by their rituals and by the produces they traded, They were known in the old world as snakes, or people of the sun for their rituals to used the snake while they gave cult to the sun, In India the Ancient amerikans were known as KUMARA or SWEET POTATO an america produce. also they were known as the water people, most of their city were founded on a body of water as the URU people does in the andes region. The first civilizations as Egypt- SAQA KARA (the people who came to stay), India-KARA-CHI (completed people), Mesopotamia-URUK,UR (land of the rivers, river or dawn) their names derived of the Aymara language.

Edited by AMARUKHAN111666888
  • Like 1