Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alchemy

Yelekiah

Like the marriage between the alchemical opposites, all these unions require mediation.

Kala is sanskrit for dark, that's where the goddess Kali comes from. She has black skin and four arms. Her consort was Shiva, who was white. They are like yin and yang, opposites. This wasn't too unlike Isis and her consort Osiris. Speaking of which, Isis desired to know Ra's secret name. Because his name held power. And it reminded me of the Tetragrammaton, God's ancient name. When pronounced correctly was thought to have the power to create and undo creations. Anyway Isis made a reptile out of dust and by uttering over it certain words of power, she made it bite Ra. And he said his secret name as he was dying, however, by her uttering his name, she resurrected him. Not too unlike her resurrection of Osiris. She also obtained divine words from Thoth (Mercury, Hermes Trimegistus, etc.). With this she also brought Horus back to life after he was stung by a scorpion. Resurrection and rebirth stories are allegories for spiritual alchemy.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yelekiah

• Turtle

• Shekinah

A karma mudra can also be imaginary, since one is ready for this kind of practice after having attained skill with Completion stage visualization. However, even Je Tsong Khapa who founded the Gelugpas, agreed that to attain buddhahood in one lifetime, it is necessary to use an actual consort (karma mudra) saying, "A female companion is the basis of accomplishment of liberation." That is, in order to generate an illusory body as that of a particular deity with all the qualities of existence, another person must interact with it.

John Powers says, further:

The only other way to accomplish this is to transform the clear light of death into a deity, but this can only be done when actual death occurs. According to Gelukpa tradition, this was the choice that Tsong Khapa made. He was concerned that some of his followers might go astray if he were to practice with an actual consort, and so he postponed the generation of an illusory body until his death. When the clear light of death manifested, he effected the transformation of subtle body and arose as a fully enlightened buddha.

From Source

This sounds a lot like the 3-day death and rising ceremonys of Jesus and Mary, or Isis and Osiris. Other cultures also beleive in the death and reincarnation of Gods through trances, sometimes drug-induced or sexual-energy induced.

Edited by Rainbow Rowan

In the duality of our reality, Isis represents our feminine aspects, creation, rebirth, ascension, intuition,-psychic abilties - higher chakras - higher frequency virbations - love and compassion. She is the Yin energies - the mother nurturer - the High Priestess - the Goddess of all mythological tales - to other female icons in the mythos of creation. She is the essence of the feminine energy which is part of us all.

Isis was a magician, possibly the archetype for the high priestess of the tarot. She learned her magic from Thoth, although according to some legends she obtained her powers from Ra himself by tricking him into revealing his name to her, thus acquiring his full magical knowledge.

user posted image

Isis later had an important cult in the Greco-Roman world, with sanctuaries at Delos and Pompeii. To the Greeks she was known as Demeter - to the Romans as Ceres.

Her Latin epithet was Stella Maris, or Star of the Sea.

The symbol of Isis in the heavens was the star Sept (Sirius), which was greatly beloved because its appearance marked not only the beginning of a new year, but also announced the advance of the Inundation of the Nile, which betokened renewed wealth and prosperity of the country.

Isis was regarded as the companion of Osiris, whose soul dwelt in the star Sah - Orion.

The symbol of Isis in the heavens was the star Sept (Sirius

Also called the Dog Star, or Alpha Canis Majoris. Canis Major represents the larger of two dogs following Orion. It is one of the most prominent constellations, and contains Sirius, the brightest star in the sky.

The Egyptians associated the appearance of the Dog Star with the flooding of the fields and the birth of a new year. Later, the Greeks and Romans associated the Dog Star with Orion, The Hunter, and his two hunting dogs Canis Major and Canis Minor. The Greeks named the constellation Sirius, "the Scorcher" as they believed the Dog Star was responsible for the hot weather and listlessness that plagued them in the summer months.

More amazing is that the Dogon of Mali, have had an excellent understanding of the solar system, particularly the Sirius Star System. The Dogon, in addition to plotting the orbits of the stars circling Sirius, identified one of its companions-Sirius B-as being one of the densest and tiniest stars in our galaxy. The most notable aspect of their observations is that Sirius B is invisible to the unaided eye. A photo of this star was not obtainable until 1970. The Dogon revealed their knowledge of the Sirius star system to French Anthropologists in 1930. The Sirius star system was suspected of having more than one star when erratic movement of Sirius, the Dog Star was noticed in 1844. The knowledge of the Dogon of Mali, precedes the knowledge of the ancient Egyptians by hundreds of years. The religious beliefs of the Dogon have been centered around the Sirius star system for thousands of years. Western scientist are just now beginning to prove that the knowledge the Dogon of Mali have had of the Sirius star system for thousands of years is absolutely accurate.

The Sirius Mystery

Dogon people live on the Bandiagra Plateau, about 300 miles south of Timbuktu, Mali from about the year 200 BCE.

The Dogon believe that they received their culture from the Nommo, an amphibious race of space entities who come from the star system Sirius, 8.7 light years from our Sun.

In 1946, French anthropologist Marcel Griaule was initiated into the ancient Dogon religion. Central to it's belief it that Sirius, the Dog Star, has an invisible companion star, many times denser then Earth, that travels in an elliptical orbit around SIrius once every 50 years. The existence of this companion, an enormously dense, 'white dwarf' known as Sirius B, was first suspected by astronomers only in the 1830s and then first seen through a telescope in 1862.

Edited by Rainbow Rowan

Sirius is the dog star as she has mentioned earlier. Interestingly enough, it esoterically ties into Freemasonry.

In Morals and Dogma, 33rd Degree Freemason Albert Pike bestows special honor upon Sirius, a heavenly body that 'still glitters in our Lodges as the Blazing Star' (Pike, 486). Indeed, Sirius represents a foundational axiom of the Masonic Craft. Pike explains that the star is: ''an emblem of the Divine Truth, given by God to the first men, and preserved amid all the vicissitudes of ages in the traditions and teachings of Masonry' (Pike, 136). As Pike continues, he reveals that Sirius has also held numerous other appellations: 'The Blazing Star in our Lodges, we have already said, represent Sirius, Anubis, or Mercury, Guardian and Guide of Souls' (Pike, 506).

“He was Sirius or the Dog-Star, the friend and counselor of Osiris, and the inventor of language, grammar, astronomy, surveying, arithmetic, music, and medical science; the first maker of laws; and who taught the worship of the Gods, and the building of temples.” (Pike, 376)

-Pike, Albert, Morals and Dogma, L.H. Jenkins, Inc., Richmond, Virginia, 1942.

user posted image

It was up to the Egyptian priests, who attended to the calendar, to sight the first rising of Sirius. At the ancient temple of Isis-Hathor at Denderah, is a beautiful statue of Isis, located at the end of an aisle flanked by large columns. The statue was oriented to the rising of Sirius and priests would place a jewel in the goddess' forehead so that the light from the returning star would fall on the gem.

When the Egyptian priests saw the light of Sirius upon the gem on the statue of Isis they would announce to the people that the New Year had begun. There is an inscription on the temple which states: "Her majesty Isis shines into the temple on New Year's Day, and she mingles her light with that of her father Ra on the horizon." The first time each year in which Sirius appears is called the heliacal rising of Sirius. In Egypt this would be in the month of Thoth.

The Arabic word Al Shi'ra resembles the Greek, Roman, and Egyptian names suggesting a common origin in Sanskrit, in which the name Surya, the Sun God, simply means the "shining one."

For 35 days before, and 35 days after the Sun conjuncts it on July 4, the star Sirius is hidden by the Sun's glare. The ancient Egyptians refused to bury their dead during the 70 days Sirius was hidden from view, because it was believed Sirius was the doorway to the afterlife, and the doorway was thought to be closed during this yearly period.

Located just below the Dog Star there exists a constellation called Argo, the Ship. Astrologically that area in the sky has been known as the river of stars which is a gateway to the ocean of higher consciousness.

The dog Sirius is one of the watchmen of the Heavens, fixed in one place at the bridge of the Milky Way, keeping guard over the abyss into incarnation. The Dog Star is a symbol of power, will, and steadfastness of purpose, and exemplifies the One who has succeeded in bridging the lower and higher consciousness. The Chinese knew this place as the bridge between heaven and hell, the bridge of the gatherer, the judge.

Source

Edited by Rainbow Rowan

The Arabic word Al Shi'ra resembles the Greek, Roman, and Egyptian names suggesting a common origin in Sanskrit, in which the name Surya, the Sun God, simply means the "shining one."

Shining one is also a reference to the Sephiroth.

user posted image

For some the Sephiroth correspond to the 9 planets and the sun.

Shamballa is the City of the Sun in South America. To some shamans, everything one needs comes from earth. And the sun is a manifestation of God. Shamsun is also Arabic for sun. The sun represents universal life force and also divine spark. It represents willpower and the emergence of consciousness.

The sun is either the entire body of Ra, or just his eye. The symbols of Ra are the solar symbols of a golden disk or the symbol ⊙ (circle with a point at its centre). He was also associated with the Phoenix, as he rose again each night in flames.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra

Sun = shams شمس

a sun = shamsun شمسٌ

Edited by Yelekiah

I hear this stuff from my little cousins all of the time...

"Alchemy" (or "complete bullcrap" as I call it) was nothing more than parlor tricks. Kings and royalty would pay the magicians to tell them their secret.

So, in short, you watch too much Anime.

From...The Philosophers Stone by Peter Marshall.

The toad imbibing its own venom is clearly a poetic conceit for the alchemical process itself. Sir George Ripley, fifteenth century alchemist, described the succession of colours which marks the different stages in the alchemical process: The dying toad becomes black, the preliminary stage of putrefaction, mirroring the conversion of a substance into an apparently inert mass. He sees the colours of the peacock's tail, then the substance passes through the white and red stages which produce the white and red elixirs and silver and gold respectively. From the poison (no doubt symbolising mercury), he makes an elixir which can heal the body and purify metals.

Another work of Ripley's was Cantilena, with the subtitle 'On the Philosopher's Stone, or On the Phoenix'. Ripley offers an alchemical allegory of a king who seeks a son, the Son of the Philosophers. By dissolving himself in the materia prima, he returns to the primal womb. His mother becomes pregnant and

"Meanwhile she of the Peacock's Flesh did Eate

And Dranke the Greene-Lyons Blood with that fine Meate,

Which Mercurie, bearing the Dart of Passion,

Brought in a Golden Cupp of Babilon"

As a result, she gives birth to the Son of the Philosophers who combines the female and male principles of Luna and Sol and changes from lunar radiance to the splendour of the sun.

A picture of the birds representating the white and red elixirs.

EDIT: I just found out that the lion symbolises the union of Sol and Luna. The stag-headed figure represents the seeker after truth. And the hermaphrodite is the offspring of Sol and Luna, which produces the Philosopher's Stone.

Edited by Rainbow Rowan

Hmm sorry for the offtopic but did any of you guys ever tryed doing something in alchemy.I dont know much or for that mater anything i just watched anime Fullmetal Alchemist so i just know that about if you give somthing of the same trade you will get something of the same trade (if that is true lol)????

I hear this stuff from my little cousins all of the time...

"Alchemy" (or "complete bullcrap" as I call it) was nothing more than parlor tricks. Kings and royalty would pay the magicians to tell them their secret.

So, in short, you watch too much Anime.

Who watches anime? The ignorance of the under-educated on this forum is just "golden".

I suggest you read the posts before making such a "knuckleheaded" statement. The discussion is the history of "spiritual alchemy" and has nothing to do with the psuedo-chemistry protrayed in those nonsensical cartoons.

Lapi'che

"Alchemy" (or "complete bullcrap" as I call it) was nothing more than parlor tricks.

I love it when people don't read what I post. :clap:

The goal of the alchemy mainly discussed are metaphors for a spiritual transformation of the self.

Hmm sorry for the offtopic but did any of you guys ever tryed doing something in alchemy.

Haven't seen the film, sorry.

The terms used for spiritual and chemical alchemy are the same. :clap:

Edited by Rainbow Rowan

:unsure: Wow i you dident have to flame that hard i sead i dont know anything about alchemy only what a have seen in the anime fullmetal alchemist.And i am new here there is a lot to read if you dident know there are like 20 pages i cant spend hole day just reading it and english isent my primary language.In the anime that have mention they sead that you must give something of the same trade to get something of the same trade and i sead "(if that is true)".I dont know anything about alcmemy i just asked a normal question you could just say dont buy that isent true or something jesus christ way dont you kill me or something :rolleyes:

jesus christ way dont you kill me or something :rolleyes:

All I said to you was I haven't seen the film, sorry. I'm not flaming anyone. However, the colonel accused me of watching too many cartoons. I found that pretty amusing.

Sorry i took your post to seriously you quoted me saying "Hmm sorry for the offtopic but did any of you guys ever tryed doing something in alchemy" and you sead "Haven't seen the film, sorry" so i took that as a sarcasm my bad am sorry.

Well i dont kow have you tried makeing some metal into gold that kind of stuff doing something chemical or spiritual that is cool :D

Well a lot of the readers of alchemical texts believe that the "metal" they were trying to transmute was a parallel for making one's soul golden, that which can never rust. If you look at it literally, that's a different story. I haven't tried to turn lead into gold. That is part of the Lesser Work of alchemy that deals with metals. The Great Work of alchemy deals with spirituality and the self. It ties into mysticism, astrology, art, philosophy, etc. And it has a lot of latitude. There is just so much information on it. That's why this thread is no where near finished.

hmm interesting but what can spiritual alchemy lead to?Becomeing god or more powerfull human ect.??

I did post a bit about this earlier. Some people call it "god". But the point I tried to make was that you become a more evolved, enlightened version of yourself, because you have more information about your spirit and how the universe works (alchemically). To me, however, I consider God a part of the universe. And if it permeates all of the universe, the universe is God. Since we too are a part of the universe, we are essentially God as well. We just have to realize it and tap into our spiritual side. That's the way I interpreted it anyway.

hum

For me the alchemy is a sciene for understanding life and no-life form, like metal how it's structure has been done or a human being the soul "ether".

there a sentence has been in fullmetal alchemy "all is one and one is all".

in other the alchemy is for transmut a thing to an other:

is one hasen't been in FullMetal alchemist

Visita-Interoria-Terrae-Rectificando-Invenies-Occultum-Lapidem"Investigate the intestines of the earth(ground) and, by rectifying, you will find the occult stone"

there too the alchemist dragoon of Nazari!

there a sentence has been in fullmetal alchemy "all is one and one is all".

I haven't seen the film, but this reminds me of the hermetic treatsie I stated earlier, which alludes to the amalgamation of all the elements into one. It's a synthesis, like the "elements" in Mercury, which is equating yourself to God.

Edited by Yelekiah