Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alchemy

Yelekiah

well, I absolutely thank you all for such awesome input. In determineing the facts I have ..with regaurd to an actual occurance coming into fruitrion, I had/have a few options with regaurd of this 'birth' signal.

What I find personally humorous.. is I have an ability to forsee a births arrival, and determine times of death. Turns out.. an ACTUAL live birth occured on my birthday as I had felt would. I usually feel the start of a labor and can predict the time of the birth within an hour. Happily a close friend of ours had their daughter on my birthdday, almost an hour to the time I was actually born.. so good stuff!

That in mind, I as well have other alternatives personally and with about two friends that this rebirth or birth symbolization could certainly apply to, and might still. So it's all good all around! I feel at this time I am finaly satisfied with my findings. The egyptian theme was seriously the last clincher for me(not that I doubted my abilities, it was simply the first a symbol randomly has come to me). I thank you all again for all your thoughts/energies.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yelekiah

• Turtle

• Shekinah

Feels good to finally figure something out.This is an excerpt from someones page on MY SPACE... http://www.myspace.com/dalibor777

Transmutation

One of the most common transmutative symptoms is exhaustion, usually resulting in a phenomenon called "veging out." This is only natural because the physical body is rearranging its cellular structure to accomodate its culinary shift from burgers and fries to a diet of pure light. Do not be alarmed by the resulting fatigue of this process. It would be more alarming, given the condition of your food chain, if this change did not take place.

Other commonly reported symptoms include the discomforts of "transmutation fever" that the emotional body reports as it seens itself being dismantled, fumigated, and remodeled. Don;t give this condition undue attention, since the emotional body is largely opposed to all of this transmutational stuff and tends to complain constantly. For similar reasons, the mental body may inform you that it is suffering from terminal confusion as it watches the Spirit assuming command and imagines itself about to be fired. This is, of course, untrue, and it may be useful to remember that the mental body loves to misinterpret and misrepresent.

If that ploy doesn't work, the mind may also point out that suddenly it can't remember anything, as though this were proof positive that transmutation is terribly dangerous and grounds for your immediate retreat. Disregard the report. The truth is that the past is being removed as a mental reference point and replaced by future ecstatic models. The mind can't remember anything because all useless data is being culled from its files. What it perceives as imminent danger is actually its imminent liberation.

Lastly, the ego and personality will undoubtedly come up with a litany of complaints that are hair raising if you give them any credence. Do not listen. They, like the mind, haven't a clue about what's going on and are innacurately reporting their reconstruction through their fearful sense of being abandoned.

Although most of the symptoms you may experience will not have very much biological substance, they can still be uncomfortable and unnerving. Your old life is dying and your new life is emerging. That process can cause quite a bit of physical, mental and emotional disturbance.

There are no real cures for transmutation, nor should you desire that there be, because transmutation is the cure. It is a natural process that is absolutely necessary for the next step in your evolution. It is also the only way you will be able to withstand the increased vibrational field of energy you are about to enter. The closest thing to a remedy for this process is to willingly allow and assist these vital changes.

damn, i had this happen once, threw using an old aid. unfortunatly i didnt know the practises i know now, and much of the energy turned into sexual energy.witch was going down, not up, so people, learn your yoga ;)

to make both sides of the nerves go up, learn to feel things with your awarness, learn to feel it individually in each eye, cover one eye, practise vice versa, this may work.

• 5 months later...
Medieval alchemy, but it is related to the Occult. There are different kinds of alchemy (a branch of metaphysics), but a lot of it has to do with respect to wisdom. It's also a spiritual philosophy dealing with transmutation. It even helped to inspire real sciences, such as chemistry. Alchemy also appears in Biblical scriptures.

Chakras are related to the planets, colors, etc.

*just clarifying some people's ideas of the word 'OCCULT'*

Doesn't the word 'occult' simply mean hidden as said a bit above? I understand most of the world belives it to have some evil conotations.. but seriously it is harmless word meaning 'hidden' works.

I like the royal part of all of this, thank for sharing!

Alchemy was the Midevil equivalent to our chemistry.

Except they were looking for the Elixir of life.

Not researching in the quest of knowledge.

Alchemy was the Midevil equivalent to our chemistry.

Except they were looking for the Elixir of life.

Not researching in the quest of knowledge.

Therein lies the quest my friend! They searched for the knowledge of gold.. spiritual gold that is. If not the case, then why so many occult drawings dealing with spiritual insights? (to the layman real gold as well, I am not that ignorant.)

On the forefront, the philosephers stone is what you have when something has become solidified and been born, only to start over again. Ideas are funny that way!

My question today..what has ascension to do with Alchemy, opinions? I know the ultimate long term goals of Spiritual Alchemy, but how about this 'ascension' on a daily term-possible? opinions? Oh yes, and I meant ascension of mind/soul, not true body.

alchemy hold the base processes of chemistry, very important, or we wouldnt have bread :P

the mind ascends and descends everyday. to have a goal of change while researching your alchemy is good. for instanct, and probly the most important, emotional stability. This for me came as i let things go. Un needed things, saw how life was a tangle of things. EVERYTHING is, ...and it isnt. its both of those and nither.

I have yet to start plant alchemy.

when it comes to the energy of alchemy, emotions should be stable, FOR emotions are the volitile part of the mind, and thus the mind so the body. stable, and free, no suppressed like a bomb under water.

ascend the mind ascend the body, ascend the body and ascend the mind, two paths of opposite, yet right next to each other, or mabey not?

water alchemy of the chinese, fire alchemy of the west. combined them both, to put fire and water in harmony. were water moves fire will follow, air is the base of both fire and water, hmm is that chemically true? dunno, but breath is energy, it is the one thing we can controll. """"action threw non action, non action threw action""""

dragon and serpent of the body.

alchemy is spiritual asension of the mind and body. but the mind must free of suppression, and stable. for the suppressed will unite itself with the free, and the unstable has more energy to throw around. anger drains the body, double your energy 3 times, how much more is anger going to drain you, how much more uncontrolled? you must be loving, and loving for you have recieved the gift of life. always loving.

in short, alchemy is the sh**. so obviouse, its RIGHT INFRONT OF YOU ALLLLLLL THE TIME, IN EVERYONES LIFE. yet, it remainds extremly elusive, even though the negitive side makes millions of dollors with and off of people. but their is more than one way to go about anything.

alchemy is spiritual asension of the mind and body. but the mind must free of suppression, and stable. for the suppressed will unite itself with the free, and the unstable has more energy to throw around. anger drains the body, double your energy 3 times, how much more is anger going to drain you, how much more uncontrolled? you must be loving, and loving for you have recieved the gift of life. always loving.

in short, alchemy is the sh**. so obviouse, its RIGHT INFRONT OF YOU ALLLLLLL THE TIME, IN EVERYONES LIFE. yet, it remainds extremly elusive, even though the negitive side makes millions of dollors with and off of people. but their is more than one way to go about anything.

Yes i like that alchemy is a 'loving' art, as a lot of woodcuts and Eastern pics show two people embracing. Love God <-- i think that most religions have this confused with an alchemy idea "Be loving, and Become God-like through use of the Love-Energy of two Soulmates"

And I think you just answered the "occult" question from earlier lol! I find it fascinating that it covers so much of 'the west's' history, and yet it still remains a 'mystery' (which is guess was the whole point since religion protects its strong-hold through violence and wars, as we have also seen throughout history)

Edited by Rainbow Rowan

ADbox asked me a question about the Green Language, and I thought it would be a good idea to post it in here :)

can you tell me about the green language?
Funny that you ask me this, because i was only thinking about the answer two days ago. Its basically when you become so tuned into the universe, that you can read signs in everyday objects. For example, birds, feathers, songs playing on the radio which answer your thoughts, programs on the tv, friends calling, etc, etc. Often these 'subjects' pop up over and over again... and i have found that they actually lead one to ultimate answers or clues to oneself.

ah. then i am about 30% fluent. \

do you have any clues about birds. because i have attempted to decode but i cannot in any sane way.

Hi again, yes i do have a lot of ideas about birds, however, they tend to represent individual people i know in my own life.

Having said that, Ravens, Crows, etc, are 'first' birds.... in fact i was given this 2 days ago...

"Nigredo, or blackness, in alchemy means putrefaction or decomposition. The alchemists believed that as a first step in the pathway to the philosopher's stone all alchemical ingredients had to be cleansed and cooked extensively to a uniform black matter [1]. In psychology Carl Jung interpreted nigredo as a moment of maximum despair, that is a prerequisite to personal development"

The black frog also represents 'blackness'. Also, rabbits are a 'first' symbol, being 'down the rabbit hole', starting a new venture, etc.

EDIT: I just discovered a wikipedia entry on the Green Language

Edited by Rainbow Rowan

• 4 weeks later...

"When Seven Are One" is a hermetic treatsie, where the seven elements (classical planets) come together.

linked-image

Vitriol was the most important liquid in alchemy. It was the one in which all other reactions took place. Vitriol was distilled from an oily, green substance that formed naturally from the weathering of sulfur-bearing gravel. This Green Vitriol is symbolized by the Green Lion in drawings, such as this one. After the Green Vitriol (copper sulfate) was collected, it was heated and broken down into iron compounds and sulfuric acid. The acid was separated out by distillation. The first distillation produced a brown liquid that stunk like rotten eggs, but further distillation yielded a nearly odorless, yellow oil called simply Vitriol. The acid readily dissolves human tissue and is severely corrosive to most metals, although it has no effect on gold. White Vitriol is zinc sulfate; Blue Vitriol is copper sulfate.

is the green lion attacking the sun?

is the green lion good, or overly proud in the name of love?

and why is the moon half dipped into the water?

Edited by ADbox

I don't view the lion as attacking the sun but devouring it and dissolving "gold". Imo the green lion is a reference to aqua regia.

"Aqua Regia is a mixture of hydrochloric acid and nitric acid. It can dissolve gold, which single acids alone cannot do. Here we see that each of the acids separately has no effect on the gold but a mixture of the two dramatically reacts with the gold. To three samples of gold are added (1) concentrated hydrochloric acid (2) concentrated hydrochloric and concentrated nitric acids and (3) concentrated nitric acid. The gold reacts only with the concentrated acid mixture which is referred to as aqua regia (royal water)."

Aqua Regia

To me it's both a chemical and spiritual process in alchemy that is shown with a single image. Interestingly enough, some manuscripts don't explain images at all. For instance there is one called "Mutus Liber", or Wordless Book. It is left open to interpretation. The alchemist or reader is allowed to use their own intuition or judgement to come up with a proper explanation for what he or she was seeing.

post-23057-1170540638_thumb.jpg

From what I have seen in Mutus Liber a lot of the pictures seem to refer to "as above, so below".

In response to your second question, I'd like to think that the green lion is "good" in the sense that it relates to the Greening Process and in some ways ties into nature and its energy. The sun is often required to keep certain plants green. So my interpretation is that the sun is not being "attacked". But that the energy of nature is being unified with it. And notice that he has his chakras showing (all seven in fact).

In different Tarot decks I have seen angels have a single foot in water to represent moderation. However, that might make more sense if that was the sun. The moon often ties into the element of water. For example the astrological sign of Cancer is not only a water sign but also ties into the Moon.

Yelekiah, excellent presentation of Alchemy! I salute you :tu:

RadicalGnostic

Why thank you, I like your avatar of the Ouroboros. I was telling a good friend of mine the other day that it represents a fountain (fountain of life?) in manuscripts.

The energy is infinite.

• 1 month later...

sivinanda states, in one of his texts. at least it seems so. if one controls prana"life force" one controls the mind, and seminal energys, if one controls the seminal energys, one controls the mind and prana, if one controls the mind, one controls seminal energys and prana. ie as above so below, 3 paths leading to one path made of 3 united. controlling seminal energys would be the gross refining, as prana the middle, and mind, ie controlling prana and seminal energys just with mind, would be the highest. although all 3 should be practised as one! ha! i believe these are yogic methods and chinese. tantra is a gross fourm, i belieeve one should use prana, direction with mind, and control of sexual energy. the penial gland has also been seen as a golden pill? somthin like that. when refined.

blam this thread is 40 pages long, and has died?!?! it is am amazing topic, and amazing thread, yet one no longer moving for the moment, for no questions are posted in such.

blam this thread is 40 pages long, and has died?!?! it is am amazing topic, and amazing thread, yet one no longer moving for the moment, for no questions are posted in such.

The topic of alchemy is about something that man did long before there was any thought to write anything down. Long before there was a thought that there was any other way of doing that one thing. I mean, everybody could do it. But the records of how it was done has been buried under the Sphinx in a Hall of Records. Read the Tablets of Thoth.

What fascinates me is that how all the religious myths and occult information seems to be related and linked.

Yes, they are all hiding the same thing!

linked-image

This mandala is said to represent that life force you speak of, avatar186.

It is thought to provide cohesion for matter/energy, etc. I elaborated on prana, chi, ki, and qa earlier in the thread.

if one controls prana"life force" one controls the mind

Personally I think mastering the art of meditation can lead to the true control of the mind.

However, that may tie indirectly to "prana". It is the breath so to speak. I think that breathing a certain way can have a profound effect on one's meditation experience.

i belieeve one should use prana, direction with mind, and control of sexual energy

This relates to magick in my opinion.

I mean, everybody could do it

I do believe that everyone has the potential.

http://www.breath.org/tao/

I haven't read the book yet. But I do believe that meditation is very underrated.

In response to the dec 19th post, the reason for this is that it essentially is the same. I blame this on plagiarism. Same information, different embellishments.